Alamo_KL: Operation Unpurple back at the shop

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
alamo_kl
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Alamo_KL: Operation Unpurple back at the shop

Post by alamo_kl »

And the car is back at the shop. 3 days after having it, it dies. Started making a ticking noise, which I though was an exhaust leak. Engine was making this terrible metallic grinding noise as well. Drove it work...and almost made it. Ticking noise turned into banging...and silence as I coasted into a parking lot. Mechanic says he's 90% sure it's in one of the heads. You would think since I just paid him $1200 to rebuild my engine...this crap wouldn't happen. I'm hoping it's not in the heads, as he will try to say it's not covered under his warranty. Although, he did have my engine in a parts bin for almost a year. Who knows what could have happened to them. I'm shooting for rod knock (long shot I know) because that means new engine for me on his dime!
93 GS: KLZE, EBay headers and downpipe, "Custom" Intake, No Name exhaust, 15x7 Enkei Rpf1, Lotek Drops
09 Civic Si Sedan: K&N Typhoon intake, Skunk2 Megapower Cat-back
14 Stryker: Stock as F**K
Sleeper6
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Alamo_KL: Operation Unpurple back at the shop

Post by Sleeper6 »

Been there done that, who did the actual motor assembly for you and checked the clearances? For your sake I hope it was your mechanic. Ive learned my next one is either being hand built personally or the two hour drive to interprep where theyve built these before.

Feel your pain, best of luck :wink:
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”