ProjectB10 - 1993 Eunos Presso HI-XS

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
projectB10
Supporting Member

1993 Eunos Presso HI-X - EUNOS Accessory

Post by projectB10 »

Ok purchased another Eunos Presso car, '92 model, to strip the parts I need to do the ATX to MTX transaxle swap on the "plain jane" red red Eunos.

The new acquisition is rusty...which is very unusual here. These K8 powered cars usually reach end of useful economic life, because of a small list of the usual mechanical failures, that no one can be bothered fixing /can afford to fix...water pump, distributor, auto trans etc.....but never rust.

This one is not the top of the range, high spec HI-FiX model, no ABS, but has Sunroof, and some accessories fitted. One of those is the rear hatch mounted EUNOS badge light. These things have to be disabled here when the imports are go through a mandatory "road worthiness" process when first registered for road use in this country. That is usual done by disconnecting the wiring to disable the power supply.

I removed it out of curiosity .....this accessory stuff is not really my thing. I will bench test it to see if it works Ok and then might sell it. Its a simple wiring setup..into the tail light unit,

Some pictures of it in place and being removed and its connection to the tail light ...
Eunos Presso HI-XS, KLZE, KL47 IM+TB, MX6 LSD box OEM front s/bar, Outlaw IM+TB thermalbloks, lightened K801 fly, XTD Stage 3 clutch & cover balanced to f/wheel, mbolin tranny saver , short shifter, SRD shifter bushings- H&R Springs and Koni inserts, MSpeed engine mounts, SS brake and clutch lines, PRM CAI, Whiteline rear strut and swaybar, 7x17 Konig/Maxxim Fourteen rims, and stuff.
Josh
Supporting Member

Re: ProjectB10 - 1993 Eunos Presso HI-XS Special Edition

Post by Josh »

Pm sent
projectB10
Supporting Member

Post by projectB10 »

projectB10 wrote:Started to make a few changes to plain Jane...with a rear strut bar in prospect....struggling to find the time to play with this one.
Done. Little bit of work on a quiet Sunday afternoon...
Eunos Presso HI-XS, KLZE, KL47 IM+TB, MX6 LSD box OEM front s/bar, Outlaw IM+TB thermalbloks, lightened K801 fly, XTD Stage 3 clutch & cover balanced to f/wheel, mbolin tranny saver , short shifter, SRD shifter bushings- H&R Springs and Koni inserts, MSpeed engine mounts, SS brake and clutch lines, PRM CAI, Whiteline rear strut and swaybar, 7x17 Konig/Maxxim Fourteen rims, and stuff.
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

Is that an UR strutbar for a 323 ? I've not seen it on a mx3 before.
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
projectB10
Supporting Member

Post by projectB10 »

WhiteFinish wrote:Is that an UR strutbar for a 323 ? I've not seen it on a mx3 before.
Yes its made for the BG chassis. Its similar to the UR-RE2-664 but has the central adjusting nut arrangement. The part #for the adjustable version is 664A The cross bar is round in section and like all the UR stuff the diameter is very "stout". The other bars I have used have been more oval shaped in cross section which in turn meant less cutting and modification to fit the bar shape into the interior plastics and the seat belt mounting.
projectB10
Supporting Member

Post by projectB10 »

More parts preparation for the ATX to MTX transaxle swap. I have purchased the parts car and have an OEM VLSD and axles ex a Mazda Lantis so just need to find the time now. I intend to convert the linkage to a "shortshifter" arrangement. So many bits and pieces are required just to set that up the way I want it. I have used a combination of ebay shortshifter, Mazdaspeed knob, Corksport bronze bushing kit and Ford bushing kit with a 100mm GarageStar shift extender. I used this combination on the other car and its perfect for my needs.
projectB10
Supporting Member

Post by projectB10 »

I am also going to convert the hubs (and brakes and spindles) from 4x100 to 5x114.3.

So Have gathered up some 2 full sets of JDM period 2 piece x 16" rims...Mazdaspeed LM's and "OLD" SSR Watanabe RS-8 in 8" width with +40 and +38 offset respectively for the two sets.

These cars are over 20 years old and I think that needs to be kept in mind when decking these things out in aftermarket parts.

I am going to refurbish the set of RS-8's with the face to be refinished in a gold colour. The RS-8's are significantly lighter than the LM's (not a very scientific assessment as the measure is by way of a set of WW bathroom scales!!!)

I am leaning towards the RS-8's but really do not like the current Black color finish...so will start to dismantle them so that I can get them off to the powdercoster.
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

Good update, really wonder how those wheels will look on your car.

Worklog
Worklog click
projectB10
Supporting Member

Post by projectB10 »

Finally found some time to make some progress;

Cleaned out some of the stockpiled new and second hand parts;

new steel braided brakes lines all round, 5 stud hub conversion, set of Mazdaspeed struts with King Springs, Mazda Lantis front spindles, calipers and rotors, Mazda Lantis rotors at rear, SuperPro double offset castor Poly bushes to rear bush (front control arms), Mazda Lantis rear suspension links with SuperPro Poly bushes front and rear and a set of Mazdaspeed MS01 LM in 16 x 8 with 40 offset. The tyres are 215mm section Dunlop Direzza. Only 3-4mm clearance "tyre too strut" at rear.

weede_klze
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by weede_klze »

very nice on those wheels!
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

Cool wheels !

Worklog
Worklog click
icajewler
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by icajewler »

I have to say, those are the coolest looking wheels I've ever seen on an mx3! I would really love a blacked out set for mine!
93 MX3 SE (klze conversion in progress)
03 Elantra GLS (DD)
92 MX3 GS sold :( missed!
The very air around me seemed to catch fire and freeze at the same time, that's how I knew he had enough for today.
Rangers Lead The Way!
projectB10
Supporting Member

Post by projectB10 »

Too many Presso..plus one in the shed being stripped
In serious trouble here unless I thin the crop out a bit and soon
Two piece RS-8 8x16 rims back from powdercoater (centres only)
doing a weight comparison with 7x17 rims fitted to passion rose mica Presso...surprised at the result
these are my favourite at the minute
comparison of gearshift and stabiliser Mazda Lantis (top) and Eunos Presso
Presso...shows how Mazda fixed the drop through shifter problem
and the Mazda Lantis

Looks like I could have just used the Mazda Lantis gearshifter bits I had on hand rather than going to the trouble of hunting down a Presso to rob bits from for my ATX to MTX conversion.

Never mind...I need the Presso pedal set as the clutch pedal at least is different.

Gathered up another set of Mazda Lantis trailing links...I will SupePro them and fit then to The Passion Roase Mica car
projectB10
Supporting Member

Post by projectB10 »

Just fooling around..

looking at the possible fitting options for a singular vent set for Miata) to a spare Presso hood.

Looking to use this set up on the Track Day car...

SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Did you use the lantis gear shifting assembly? That's pretty neat they fixed the dropping shifter issue like that
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”