1992 mx3 valve stem seals

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
valk1317
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: 1992 mx3 valve stem seals

Post by valk1317 »

I prob will be doing the hei mod. The hookup price on a new dizzy was $300 cdn.
No pick and pulls around here and not willing to spend money on used wear components.

I do know someone who has a known working diz from an mx6. Just need to go see him. He wants it replaced or returned. At least I can put it in to rule it out if its something else.
valk1317

Post by valk1317 »

alright... so i went shopping for the parts needed to do the hei mod and not surprisingly, id get a-- raped to buy them in town.. lordco wanted $110 for the HEI module and i stopped listing at that.
I might have been able to shop for a used disty at a wrecker but meh.

This came up for $500 and is the solution...

1994 GS 5 spd. no smoke, no s--- falling apart. so ill prob pick parts off my project car and keep them for spares for this one. the bumper is kinda fked up and mine isn't.. but ill have to paint it. which thankfully its already green as a base.

the guy cut the mufler off it.. idiot.. i couldnt get on the throttle at all on the way home for fear of pissing off cops lol.

ill prob send the 92 to a scrap yard.. but can they provide rolling wheels? i have three sets of tires i dont particularly want to scrap and only two spare tires. i could buy a set of junk used wheels for sure but would be better if they can just come with a couple spare tires to stick it on a truck.

also, is it worth keeping the heads as i did the work to refresh them? this car doesnt smoke. actually runs pretty well all told. any parts i should really try to salvage?
right now its just both bumpers, hood latch, muffler
icajewler

Post by icajewler »

Would the shell of the 92 happen to be in good condition?
93 MX3 SE (klze conversion in progress)
03 Elantra GLS (DD)
92 MX3 GS sold :( missed!
The very air around me seemed to catch fire and freeze at the same time, that's how I knew he had enough for today.
Rangers Lead The Way!
valk1317

Post by valk1317 »

nah. its got a big a-- dent on the passenger quarter and rust spots at all the wells. im gonna be pulling the front bumper bracing and crashbar and probalby the metal lines just in front of the rad as the previous owner of the 94 rear ended someone.

your pretty far away too.
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

love the 5 spokes on your new car, none of the ones around here have those :crying:
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
valk1317

Post by valk1317 »

unfortunately, those are the ones going to scrap lol. i was on the fence, but the new tire son the other ones kinda trump them. a million billion aftermarket 4 bolt rims for sale here for like $100...

spent some time getting to know the new car today.. the whole front end from the rad forward is pretty fked up from rear ending someone. ill have to pull the upper frame rail off and transfer it as well as the crash bar, and possibly the "power steering?" hardhose? no idea what that is but its bent.
I already changed the hook latch support bracket so the latch would work properly, but the hood sits on twisted ect. bumper has tabs missing from being broken ect..

ill prob paint the 92 hood and bumper and drop them on.

most of the problems are cosmetic though. car drives alright. though it has NOTHING on my msp, its fun to drive in its own way. has that killer sound when shifting gears wot.

its actually quite sharp.. but that might just be me running the msp on fat winter tires in the sun lol.

I dont wanna spend any serious money on this car.. but i did notice the dampers are pretty worn out.. maybe some new dampers and lowering springs.. definitely have to do something about the hackjob exhaust, hids ect..
its a beater, but it doesnt have to be a POS.
valk1317

Post by valk1317 »

bleh. looks like the part i wanted was welded to the front frame so im stuck with potentially bent crash bar mounts.. but meh. i fished the crashbar, hood latch, front bumper, hood, exhaust all lights off the 92. debating if i want to go through the effort to pull the heads back off or not.. its a big mess to have all the fluid come out again =\ i guess it wouldn't take all that long this time around though.

the 94 will definitely need valve cover gaskets soon.

i guess im not getting a whole lot of value out of the 92 but at this point its in the way.
valk1317

Post by valk1317 »

so my 92 is gone. got towed away on saturday.

got the 94 all cleaned up inside and out and once i fix the front bumper i could probably sell it for twice what i paid heh. ill see if i can afford some paint this weekend. bumper is already green so shouldn't take too much to bring the tint close.

gotta say im pretty happy to own this car. it may look a little bit girly and it doesn't have much power, but its fun to drive, it rides smooth and its pretty comfortable.

looking for some advice on inexpensive upgrades.

first up will probably be a set of hids. what type of bulb do i need for a 94 gs?

next will be a set of lowering springs, or if someone has some used coilovers id be intersted in those.

I also want to change out the rusty buzzy exhaust for something a little... nicer..

I really am not gonna hold my breath about finding a ready made exhaust for this car

would this magnaflow be compatible?
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Magnaflow-14832- ... mtr&_uhb=1

also what resonator would match it?
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

as far as affordable aftermarket exhausts are concerned, I stick by the flowmaster 60 series centered inlet/outlet. I paired my flowmaster with a hushpower II resonator (the longest one I could find). It sounded terrific and wasn't loud or droning.

another common (and fairly cheap) setup is any glasspack muffler with a vibrant resonator. Paired to the KL it sounded great, but I would take the flowmaster60/hushpower combo any time. I think it's possibly one of the best engineered chambered mufflers at a reasonable price. I think the flowmaster with a vibrant would also be a good pair. If you are going to redo the exhaust, go ahead and spring for some of the ebay headers for the KL 2.5l MX-6 or ford probe. that may open up your powerband a little. They fit the K8 just fine.

To upgrade the lighting go ahead and buy the aftermarket projector headlights on ebay. Tons better light output than the stock lenses.

Otherwise you'll be getting HID ballasts for your stock lenses and still have bad light output because of the dispersion pattern. and probably won't be that much cheaper either. The projectors will make the car look tons better as well.

There isn't much you can do to the K8. Maybe find a set of KL31 camshafts. Maybe try to get an intake manifold from a 98+ 626 v6. May or may not help. But it could be fun. We'll all tell you the cheapest speed will be swapping to a KL.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
valk1317

Post by valk1317 »

i don't really need any more power out of it, its a beater daily driver til i get the msp back i just want it to be low slow and clean looking.
ill have to think about the ebay projectors though. ive never been a fan of non oem lighting. but i have to admit the mx3 ones are less offensive than others iv'e seen. of course.. i do have two sets of headlights now.. a tsx retrofit could work.

ill look up flow master exhaust products. my main goal is a neatly tucked exhaust that doesnt buzz like the stock bosel thats on it does. I can handle a little bit of drone, i just really REALLY dont like the ricey buzzing..

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”