Greetings from an uber lurker..

This section is for NEW members to introduce themselves.
KaBa
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Greetings from an uber lurker..

Post by KaBa »

Hey, name is Ken..long time forum lurker. Presently own 2 mx3 gs's , one for the kid, one for me. Used to own a red one a while back as well.
Mine is a '96 with klze w/ mx6 5 spd I swapped myself. Went flawlessly due to extremely helpful posts on this forum. 8) Thanks to all the members for posting your hard earned knowledge and helping out the enthusiast community.
Cheers! :D
1996 MX-3 GSR Silver Stone 5 spd 4.11:1
1993 MX-3 GS Clear White Auto -> 5 spd 4.39:1
1993 MX-3 GS Blaze Red 5 spd - traded
icajewler

Re: Greetings from an uber lurker..

Post by icajewler »

Just as a type of census question if you don't mind answering, what did you have the most trouble with?
93 MX3 SE (klze conversion in progress)
03 Elantra GLS (DD)
92 MX3 GS sold :( missed!
The very air around me seemed to catch fire and freeze at the same time, that's how I knew he had enough for today.
Rangers Lead The Way!
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Welcome to the world of official user names killa kaba :D
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
KaBa

Post by KaBa »

icajewler wrote:Just as a type of census question if you don't mind answering, what did you have the most trouble with?
Don't mind at all.. my 1st 93 was probably the most problematic. It wasn't well maintained when i got it , so the maintenance list became overwhelming after a while and I ended up trading it in along with another vehicle (and a bunch of money) for a diesel truck. One year of twisty road fun..

The current 93 was garage kept/lady driven and i'm the 3rd owner with all the records. This one is in great shape for a 21 year old car. I'm in the process of rebuilding the auto tranny and adding a shift kit and cooler to keep it going. Hopefully the kid treats it right... :freak:

My 96 has some minor issues like worn joints etc. but with the klze and 4.11 final drive is more like the car should have been in the first place. I've replaced all the struts,calipers, discs and pads so far...wheel bearings, ball joints and tie rod ends in the near future. The previous owner blew the engine and had a shop replace it with another blown engine...i didn't pick up on that until after i put in an aluminum rad that shortly puffed up like a marshmallow from the blown head gasket pressurizing the cooling system...doh! perfect excuse for the klze... :D

in short...Maintain!
KaBa

Post by KaBa »

kulluminati777 wrote:Welcome to the world of official user names killa kaba :D
Thanks man, nice mazdaspeed mx3 you have there.. 8)
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Welcome, where in the mainland are you located? Not a lot of us active members over there but some of us find our way there often enough.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Are you using a KL02 vaf?
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
KaBa

Post by KaBa »

RobMinhas wrote:Welcome, where in the mainland are you located? Not a lot of us active members over there but some of us find our way there often enough.
I'm in Pitt..wife has family in Alberta as well, should take a rip out that way...
KaBa

Post by KaBa »

Daninski wrote:Are you using a KL02 vaf?
Sure thing, just like you learned me.... :wink:

Also got the proper o2 sensors for the precats from one of your posts too, since a 1996 gs doesn't seem to actually exist in any parts catalog...

Come to think of it, your posts on the 96 gs klze swap have been most helpful.
Much appreciated Dan. :D
BornSticky

Post by BornSticky »

hey i live in maple ridge have a 96 mx still doing the swap.... from my 92 its been a rough one cause the car wasnt in great condition. u live on hammond ive seen someone with a couple mx's.
92 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE Curve Neck, Probinator ECU, Full 2.5" exhaust with headers, cai, performance radiator, millenia alternator, 5spd, excedy stage 2 clutch, MTX 12" sub sony explod D series 600w amp, pioneer 260w deck, kyb on dropzone springs, HEI mod.
92 Mazda RX-7 (efini) FD3S urethane motor mount, Air intake, 18" Chrome rims besides that stock. SOLD!
93 Mazda MX-3 GS laguna blue full exhaust, cai, kyb shocks R.I.P. stupid jeep driver!
#5389 to join MX-3.com
KaBa

Post by KaBa »

BornSticky wrote:hey i live in maple ridge have a 96 mx still doing the swap.... from my 92 its been a rough one cause the car wasnt in great condition. u live on hammond ive seen someone with a couple mx's.
lol small world :lol: ...ya got 2 in the drive. pm me if you need assist. Got hoist etc.
BornSticky

Post by BornSticky »

Its all in just need to run wire from tranny for speedo cause i went back to obd1 thought it would be easier since i had the parts... wasnt. Fix power stearing leak at pump get allognment and shes good to go
92 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE Curve Neck, Probinator ECU, Full 2.5" exhaust with headers, cai, performance radiator, millenia alternator, 5spd, excedy stage 2 clutch, MTX 12" sub sony explod D series 600w amp, pioneer 260w deck, kyb on dropzone springs, HEI mod.
92 Mazda RX-7 (efini) FD3S urethane motor mount, Air intake, 18" Chrome rims besides that stock. SOLD!
93 Mazda MX-3 GS laguna blue full exhaust, cai, kyb shocks R.I.P. stupid jeep driver!
#5389 to join MX-3.com
KaBa

Post by KaBa »

Yeah the obd2 swap is dead easy..no ecu to change, no chips, just the kl02 vaf, plus you get real time monitoring with torque on the phone and a cheap ebay elm adapter. The only downside is the vris points but that's fairly minor.
Let me know when your car is rolling, I can come by and check it out.

Return to “Introduction Forum”