Gs fuel pump changed getting gas no start problem

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Chartin81
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Gs fuel pump changed getting gas no start problem

Post by Chartin81 »

Ok so car been running fine no issues well Friday I get home kill it and go back later to start and crank but no ignition after 2 days of looking tracing relays and fuel pump replacement I figure out that it's the fuel pump connector on the sending unit so being I can't get a mx3 down in the south I've had to improvise found a sending unit out of a protege has the same plug and all as the mx3 on the sending unit well should I mention the connection in the sending unit to the fuel pump was burnt so replaced and after some mods I'm getting fuel to the front now the hard part still not starting I have not changed anything or done anything to it but try to start I checked plugs for fire they have fire checked the line going into the pressure regulator and it has fuel next issue I heard is a ticking noise fron the throttle body so after longer inspection I unplug the throttle position sensor and it stops I just replaced the throttle position sensor a couple months ago could this be my starting problem? I thought the tps sensor regulated air not fuel? Pulled codes and get egr valve something I been working on and knock sensor. I'm ata standstill on this ATM. Don't wanna replace any unnecessary parts but need my car any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks
davmac

Re: Gs fuel pump changed getting gas no start problem

Post by davmac »

Fuel flow is one way. Supply from the pump must go directly to the fuel rails (not through the regulator). The fuel pressure regulator (FPR) is actually on the return line. If you disconnect the line attached to the FPR then fuel should come out of the fuel rail NOT the fuel line. I believe you have fuel lines crossed.

Switch the fuel lines at the pump and see if that helps.
Proud owner of a Faded Red 92 MX-3 GS
Chartin81

Post by Chartin81 »

Ok thanks gonna try that now thanks will update if that works
Chartin81

Post by Chartin81 »

Thanks guys somewhere in the confusion the pump was hooked up backwards and the lines to the fuel rail were crossed but got it fixed and running now thanks for all your help
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

We should have a post for everyone who's ever connected those damn lines bckwards. :lol: Of course I never did,,, :oops: :D
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

I do it myself as well...

50/50 chance of getting it right translates into 100%, "You're gonna get it wrong."
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
icajewler

Post by icajewler »

I drew a silver arrow with a paint pen on my tubes :D if I still get them wrong you guys can officially call me a wannabe mechanic :freak:
93 MX3 SE (klze conversion in progress)
03 Elantra GLS (DD)
92 MX3 GS sold :( missed!
The very air around me seemed to catch fire and freeze at the same time, that's how I knew he had enough for today.
Rangers Lead The Way!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”