[FS] Gro Harlem's Old Shell

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
SuperK
Supporting Member

[FS] Gro Harlem's Old Shell

Post by SuperK »

anyone want to own gro harlem's old shell? It's sitting in my garage... next stop, the scrapyard if no one is interested.
It's about 300 bucks to scrap a mx-3 shell. so... anything above 300 bucks takes it.

Located in the Chattanooga area.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Volones

Re: [FS] Gro Harlem's Old Shell

Post by Volones »

You have a PM, Sir.
Current Hypermiler, future EcoModder.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Hey hey hey, pictures. You know how we roll here. :lol:
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

:crying: :crying: :crying: I came on here to check up on the status of my car and saw this :crying: :crying: :crying:

Kinda not surprised after all the issues you had with it. Hope your new GS is working out better for you and I HOPE TO GOD you kept that leather interior and all of the other rare parts I had on it.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

The misfortune wasn't just your car. It's all cars. Your car was doomed the moment you sold it to me. Here, let me explain with some pictures.

My first mx-3 was one of my favorites. it was my DD before yours came along and I kept it in great shape. Well, until this happened:
Stupid tree.
It made a fine go kart though
So I replace that car with this car:
It was cute and fun. Luckily I sold it before anything terrible happened.

Then I bought this beaut, 04 Mazdaspeed:

Fit to be a garage queen... until the day before my friend's wedding the bride to be backs into the rear quarter panel and drivers door with a Ford Fusion and leaves a huge dent.
To which months later a 13 year old in an ATV pulls out and runs right into that same rear quarter panel she hit.

I then pick up this red little turd:
Which eats it's clutch and the exhaust pretty much just falls off of, so I put in a 02 KL I bought from a forum member who said it was low mileage and ready to drop in:
But when I start it up it's had this done to it already:
So then I get to put in another engine, a '99 KL:
Which is actually running great... but long time coming to it. About the same miles on the body as yours had. I planned on using this car as a base to build on since it was only one color not three, but then I came across this little guy:
and I thought... I really like white on an MX3. A lot. and it has less than 100k on the body. So that invalidated all other MX-3s. Red one gets put up for sale, green/silver/red shell goes to the scrap, I keep the white one.

So Gro, "It's not you... it's me. definitely me."
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

I still have your shell right now. Still has valuable parts that I have been able to use and/or sell. So until I run out of usable parts I'll still keep pulling things off of it.

Right now your leathers are sitting in plastics all conditioned up on the top shelf of my garage:

Your engine got disassembled:

found a sad little bent rod:

Got some goodies:

Little work here and there:

Your manifold has been worked on a little as well:

Sold off your plastic lights for some glass LHD ones:

Your bumper got did in after a few tows, ended up selling it:
I had a few extra bumpers ready to replace it tho:

Transmission input shaft leaked everywhere... mainly on the clutch. So it had to get a new seal and the shaft had to be shimmed.

At the end of the day though, I realized it'd be a shame to put in all this work into the engine and put it in a tri-color shell with high mileage when I had access to a single-color half-mile shell born and raised in the south.

Don't worry... ALL useful parts will find a use. :)
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Wasn`t his trans with the MSP LSD with ZX2 gears as well?.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

nice overview! Good to see the leathers being used (maybe), you probably have the best condition set left on the planet. I agree on the white. I love white on ANY car cuz it shows body lines so well and hides minor dings & imperfections. Why are you putting used motors in your car if you have that spankin' new rebuilt one ready to go?

And yea, remember the gold 92' GS I bought off ebay? I wanted a fresh shell then lost interest and parted it out.

if I had room for 100 cars I would've kept the MX cuz I loved that car but life is life. Maybe if I buy a property with a decent chunk of land I'll get another one to tinker with but that won't be anytime soon unfort.

BTW: How's ur house doing? i remember you were doing some crazy stuff inside like doing cathedral ceilings and such. I have a split-foyer style house too and have been spending the past 4 years renovating every room in it which has consumed far more of my time than my cars.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

The house really hasn't been worked on as far as remodeling goes. Life's been busy with getting married, going back to school, working etc.
Moving the new wife in takes a ton of time/space and months later we still aren't organized really.
I'll be redoing the kitchen which should be pretty amazing looking when it's done probably next spring/summer.
Just been doing maintenance. A little landscaping when I can do here and there. AC unit did go out (it was the original '93 unit and it didn't die, the split system interior coil had a small leak) and I went with a bitchin' dual fuel 18 SEER heat pump/aux gas heat split unit and upped the tonnage from 2.5 to 3.
My highest utility bill has been... something like 90 dollars in the dead heat of summer. It rocks.

My rebuilt engine isn't ready to go. There's a few more issues I'd like the machine shop to work on so I'll disassemble the block again and send it to them. Better safe than sorry.

But it's time to say goodbye forever to your little car.

One last look before it gets pulled to the yard.

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77186&start=45

Would like to send you a little memento if you wanna send me your address
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”