At this time, are you a Present, Past, or Future MX-3 Owner?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions

At the time of reading this poll, are you a Present, Past or Future MX-3 Owner?

I Currently Own an MX-3
91%
I Have Owned an MX-3 in the Past
5%
I Hope to Own an MX-3 in the Future
4%

Total votes: 306

jamestakay

Re: At this time, are you a Present, Past, or Future MX-3 Ow

Post by jamestakay »

Bought mine when I was about 18 years old, had it for 9 years now. It was in a fender bender, than I got into a dumb fender bender, now I'm just waiting for a ze. :) Still one of the cleaner ones in Minnesota even with the small mishaps. 92 white gs, sunroof, bought it with 83,000 miles had to get rid of the diamond emblem cuz it fell off due to the accident. Makes the seat belt noise, still got alot of pep for 150k and no engine ticking noise. Sometimes I can't even tell if it's started due to it being so quite, lol. Almost sold it due to buying a mx6 ls but glad I still have it. All the imports always seem to look really hard to see what my car is, gotta love white! I love it when the honda guys tell me my cars a v3 or inline 3. lol.
mikeetown
antispam: No

Post by mikeetown »

My red one got rear ended and written of 3 months ago. Now I have a black one :) . I got HID;s today and they are awesome.
mikeetown
93 Black GS - J-spec KLDE, CLEAN CAR
92 Red GS - J-spec K8ZE, stripped interior - Written off
2004 Infinity G35 Track Edition - 6 speed manual
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=79142
Frost881
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Frost881 »

Bought my first one, a 92 RS 5 speed, in december.

Its presently sittin on jackstands awaiting the re-instillation of the shift linkage but it drives pretty damn well considering it has 195k on the clock!

One minor difference between this and your average RS....mine has no interior pannels, 1 seat and a roll cage...why you may ask? BECAUSE RACECAR!!!

I'll be takin mine club racing this summer! i'm hoping to proove that while most the world may have forgotten baout this car it can still hang loose on an open track! :freak:
cWs306

Post by cWs306 »

oh god youll have a blast in your mx on the track. took mine out to my first ever autocross last summer and i was playin with the big boys and there awd cars. as long as u got some suspension work and a front n back tower bar. youll rip. and if u havent taken it around corners at high speeds yet. the 1 thing i can say, is the a-- ends of these cars are LIGHT. they love to slide n get swirly.
Frost881

Post by Frost881 »

Good to know since the a-- end of my car has nothing but air and part of the roll cage in it.

hopefully the hankook r comps i bought will help it stick :D
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I miss driving my MX-3s. :(

About 2 hours out now, less if I could find my damned tools!! :(
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
jaydog is back

Post by jaydog is back »

My second car was the Mx-3, purchased new in the summer of 94 and has been parked and driven for the last 18 years...

I aquired another Mx a couple years ago which was a friends car but happily given to me.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

jaydog is back wrote:has been parked and driven
As opposed to the poor "parked only" Mx-3, or the elusive, always on the move, "driven only" mx3
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
jaydog is back

Post by jaydog is back »

Lol, well parked for various reasons such as engine swaps, engine rebuilds, broken trans, and lately the "poor" parking. :? :mrgreen:
mavi92

Post by mavi92 »

Just picked up my 2nd MX-3 but this one is a GS v6 for a $1000. Runs great and it's Brilliant Black!
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Brilliant black yes!!!!!!!! Not to many black ones anymore. Welcome to the forums. May be you should start a worklog to show off the car and update us on its progress and any modifications you do :D
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
12vguy

Post by 12vguy »

96 Gs silver
95 Gs silver

His and hers if you will!
mavi92

Post by mavi92 »

Just did a major tune up plugs electrodes were almost to the ceramic, and the cap and rotor had major carbon arcing. runs great but now i have an idle issue just started when it goes into gear it jumps up to 1200 out of gear around 750 don't know whats causing it. Anyone ran into this before? Thanks
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

mavi92 wrote:Just did a major tune up plugs electrodes were almost to the ceramic, and the cap and rotor had major carbon arcing. runs great but now i have an idle issue just started when it goes into gear it jumps up to 1200 out of gear around 750 don't know whats causing it. Anyone ran into this before? Thanks
check your coolant levels, known to cause erratic idle issues as well as a possible IAC (idle air control valve under the throttlebody). Check those, if no luck best to post under v6 perf section
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
mavi92

Post by mavi92 »

So update on my MX-3 Idle problems. So ever since I bought the car I've never been able to disengage the cruise control by pushing in the clutch. Not a big deal right, so since I been tuning it up and fixing all the hack stuff with it now all the vacuum leaks fixed it came down to this last issue of high fluctuating idle when in any gear. Well read on the forum http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=261376 about a clutch pedal switch. So I took it a look at it and noticed that my stopper on the pedal was missing and the post for the switch was going thur the hole in pedal. Pushed in the clutch and in gear pushed the switch in.... nothing same idle issue. Took it apart the spring in the plunger was broken not making the post move far enough out to make contact with the tabs to close the switch put a new spring in it (cause I had one and I'm Cheap!) not buying a new one. Started the car up and PRESTO! no idle issue then went on a drive with the cruise on pushed in the clutch, cruise disengaged. So if you can't disengage your cruise and you have high idle now you know what to fix. It's about $15 for a new one but i'm cheap it's fixed and runs like a top!

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”