Passenger side window not working motor working

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Chartin81
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Passenger side window not working motor working

Post by Chartin81 »

So got the car and the passenger side window was not working talked to previous owner and said the switch went out and Later said it sparked when he tried to put it down so thinking is a relay looked for a fuse but the one I found was good and driver side window works anybody have this problem I have since checked the motor and it works got another switch that is in tact but not positive it's working but seems to be thanks for any help
Daninski
Supporting Member

Re: Passenger side window not working motor working

Post by Daninski »

Ok since you haven't given us any information regarding the model and year of the car I can only guess but if your car is a 02-03 and he replaced the window switch with an 04-07 then you'll need to do a mod on the switch in order to supply power to the passengers window. This of course is only a guess because (see writing in italics)
Use our search function and you should be able to find the post I'm refering to.

Ok I figured if you can't even give basic info you probably can't use a Search feature either so here's the info you'll need to tell if your switch is newer or older.
http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=66265
What, me be facetious,,,,never. :P
Last edited by Daninski on February 4th, 2014, 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Chartin81

Post by Chartin81 »

Sorry it's a mx3 website so I assumed we were talking about mx3's sorry it's a 1993 Mazda mx3 gs with the power windows looked for a schematic and coulnt find one sorry for the confusion lol
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Chartin81 wrote:Sorry it's a mx3 website so I assumed we were talking about mx3's sorry it's a 1993 Mazda mx3 gs with the power windows looked for a schematic and coulnt find one sorry for the confusion lol
Hey no problem but just for your info in certain circumstances 92/93 are more or less the same, then 94 is an animal all on it's own when it come to ignition. Then 95 is very similar to 96/97 however 96/97 are both OBD2.
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Daninski wrote:Ok since you haven't given us any information regarding the model and year of the car I can only guess but if your car is a 02-03 and he replaced the window switch with an 04-07 then you'll need to do a mod on the switch in order to supply power to the passengers window. This of course is only a guess because (see writing in italics)
Use our search function and you should be able to find the post I'm refering to.

Ok I figured if you can't even give basic info you probably can't use a Search feature either so here's the info you'll need to tell if your switch is newer or older.
http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=66265
What, me be facetious,,,,never. :P

02-03 eh? 04-07 eh? YOUR GUESSES ARE WAY OFF.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

SuperK wrote:
Daninski wrote:
02-03 eh? 04-07 eh? YOUR GUESSES ARE WAY OFF.
Way off is one year???? :lol: Suggest you lay off the stimulants and get a little maturity. Stick with your usual plagiarizing,,,,like your oil thread and you'll do just fine. :2thumbsup:
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
7477th member.

SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Math was never your strong point.
What's one year or ten years?
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

:oops: :lol: 92-94 95-97 :mrgreen:
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
7477th member.

mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

Chartin81 wrote:So got the car and the passenger side window was not working talked to previous owner and said the switch went out and Later said it sparked when he tried to put it down so thinking is a relay looked for a fuse but the one I found was good and driver side window works anybody have this problem I have since checked the motor and it works got another switch that is in tact but not positive it's working but seems to be thanks for any help
Have you removed door panel to see what happens when you activate window switch? Make sure track is not bent and there's nothing jammed in it that prevents glass from moving up/down. Can you open/close passenger window with switch on drivers side or neither drivers or passenger side switch movie it up/down?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Daninski wrote::oops: :lol: 92-94 95-97 :mrgreen:
Don'tcha just hate it when you try to burn someone else and you just end up burning yourself? :love2: :love2:
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

I'm just here to help not criticize peoples typo's. Do you have any thing positive to contribute here Mr K?

(Dan now awaits Kris's most invaluable suggestion for the repair of posters switch with no negative retort from him because we both know he's above such negativity,,,,or is he )
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
7477th member.

SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Contribute here? Not really. We chat via text often like good gossiping girlfriends. I offer him advice then try to peddle my wares on him giving him bunk advice just to make extra dough
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

SuperK wrote:Contribute here? Not really. We chat via text often like good gossiping girlfriends. I offer him advice then try to peddle my wares on him giving him bunk advice just to make extra dough
That's why you are and always will be, my friend. :wink:
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
7477th member.

Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”