Caleb T's 95 Mx-3 ~Rust Free Gem~

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Caleb T
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Caleb T's 95 Mx-3 ~Rust Free Gem~

Post by Caleb T »

Hi everyone! My name is Caleb, and I purchased my car last summer (2012), as a DD for my wife. At the time I had a 2.5 probe, and wanted to desperately get rid of my wife's kia..... Bought it for $800, and to my surprise, the guy wasn't joking when he said rust free... It started it;s life in florida, and montana. Needed a muffler, and 4 struts when I bought it. I Fixed the muffler at work once it became apparent I was going to go deaf from riding in it. I left the struts as-is, and that was a bad idea... This car was't initially bought as a project, just something I could fix up for my wife to drive, and maybe have a little fun as an added bonus.. :wink:

Here are the specs as of the day I bought it:

95 mx-3
4cyl DOHC
5spd
crank windows
ripped off spoiler (stolen before I bought it)
"marine grade" carpet...
170k Miles

So the week after I bought the car, an mx-3 popped up at my local JY.. (Did I mention that it had aftermarket goodies?) So that meant I got a few "needed" upgrades, and one REALLY nice part that I got for my brother... A Corksprt strut tower bar.. (I'm still jealous that he ended up with it :wink: ) I got a spoiler, smoked altezza tails, a short shifter (still uninstalled), some interior doo-dads, custom black leather/red stiched shift and e-brake boots, clear marker and corner lights, and some front flaps....

Well, enough of the jabber for now, and on to the pics!

Before:

After:

Current:

More to come.....
ZOOM-ZOOM
RobMinhas

Re: Caleb T's 95 Mx-3 ~Rust Free Gem~

Post by RobMinhas »

Through using my detective skills I have come to the conclusion that you are AaronTietjes brother.

Disclaimer: I'm not a detective.

What are the future plans?
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Caleb T

Post by Caleb T »

You have earned an honorary detectives badge! Sherlock would be proud! Haha, yes, that is my brother. My "future" plans are not so far in the future...

The swap is about 90%... I have now run into a problem with fuel pump circuitry... It wont run. It cranks strong, but no fuel!!!

I have about a week to straighten it out and get it on the road until the car show...
ZOOM-ZOOM
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

YESSSSSSS

The MX-3.com BPT army is growing!

Like I told Aaron, might have to check some grounds and resistances on that EGT harness you guys have in there, could be a defective harness.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

lol with all these ZE's crapping out latley I may go BPT as well :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rust free? in the new york area? thats insane. great find. I cant wait to see more progress on the MX3. For some reason this car reminds me of my car the day I got it minus the K8 of course
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
AaronTietje
antispam: No

Post by AaronTietje »

Finally a worklog...........I've been wanting to spill the beans for a wile. Caleb's been going crazy on the swap lately and has made great progress.
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

So aaron convinced you to go BP, hopefully ITB as well right? That way we can go ITB, Bp-T and ZE/G4 Hybrid.

Btw hang onto your v6 car Im working on getting nos back in too
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
Caleb T

Post by Caleb T »

Well, I convinced myself after I drove a BPT... Speed! :twisted: What about my V6 car(s)?
ZOOM-ZOOM
Caleb T

Post by Caleb T »

Well, I guess I'll do an "update"..

The BP is all in, but unfortunately I have some serious electrical gremlins... It will crank all day long, yet will not fire... I have some serious work to do. I haven't touched the car to speak of in about a month. I'm just trying to keep my head above water for the moment. SOON, she will be alive... Hopefully mid-July I will get some serious work time logged on to the car. I guess this is the problem with doing a BP swap on a DOHC/BP harness conversion.... Oooooh the headaches it has caused...

I will try to get some new pics up when I can.
ZOOM-ZOOM
Caleb T

Post by Caleb T »

UPDATE:

I am no longer going with a BP setup in my car... (For now) I will be removing it, and going back to a 1.6L. (For now)
The reason being is- I busted my butt trying to have it roadworthy this summer, and I blew a lot of time doing that. My "FrankenHarness" isn't working since my car was the 95 DOHC.

So, my current thought is------- Turbo the heck out of a 1.6 on a tight budget, and have a blast with it. Then at some point down the road when I am financially better off; I can do my "real" build. Until then I'm thinking this:

Turbo a 1.6l
Get a "decent" suspension set up under it (Budget)
Roll in my green Wheels
Make my interior "Nice"
Paint (?)
"This and That"

COMMENTS PLEASE! :D
ZOOM-ZOOM
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

I'm sort of confused as to what issues you had as far as the harness goes, didn't you use the regular MX3 harness then just use the BP engine harness instead of the B6 engine harness? Bad harness then?

And you could boost the B6 and when/if it goes drop in a BP and be rolling.
Caleb T

Post by Caleb T »

That is correct. It would crank all day long, but will not fire... I believe the injectors are not being controlled.. I stopped searching because I blew so much time on it and needed a brake. I sort of got burned out on it after like 2 weeks of CRAZY time on it.. I figure a b6 turbo will make me happy for the short term until I can save up some funds.

The project isn't dead, only setback!
ZOOM-ZOOM
Caleb T

Post by Caleb T »

Also, I can re-use turbo parts that I would use on the b6. :twisted:
ZOOM-ZOOM
racycle

Post by racycle »

Looks like it turned into a project haha :P either way nice car. A+

racycle's Worklog!
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=76991
-RIP

Current Toy
http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=80470

Please don't tap on the hood. It disturbs the gerbils.
Caleb T

Post by Caleb T »

Well everyone, it's been a while since I posted an update....

Here it goes: I no longer own my black 95 MX3.. I was sad to see it go- However! There will be an update to come.. Lets just say I moved up a notch. I still own an mx-3. A new build thread will be started when I can!
ZOOM-ZOOM

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”