kulluminati777 - 1993 マツダスピード MX-3 You will be missed

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: kulluminati777 - 1993 MX-3 GS

Post by kulluminati777 »

yep the wheel is pretty mint :D Here are pics of my wifes old interior when the car was hers

Here is my gold horn button, pad and ring closer

The minty wheel

and heres pics of the new interior now that I own the car. Mazdaspeed B-Spec steering wheel installed with the wheel pad, CF look ring, and gold mazdaspeed horn button. I have to still get mazdaspeed sport seats but that will be later on...

You can also barely see in the pics my interior pieces I had clear coated. It looks 10X better in person. I did the trim around the gauge cluster the radio and hvac controls and all the front dash vents to give the interior that "piano black" look alot of new cars have now a days. It came out good I love it :D

Also here is a pics of my mazdaspeed carbon look shift knob

My authentic mazdaspeed bonnet badge that took me forever to find. Is still have a little adhesive I have to clean off.

OEM headlight covers

And a brand new shot of my complete front end revamp. All I did was blacked out the grills. Changed the VHT darkened blinkers for some clear blinkers. Also my MS hood badge is fitted on and my hood pins are installed.

Last edited by kulluminati777 on May 3rd, 2014, 5:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

Looks stellar! :pimp:
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
bogaut
antispam: No

Post by bogaut »

you should hit that badge with some polishing compound
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

I really like the steering wheel !
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Sleeper6 wrote:Looks stellar! :pimp:
WhiteFinish wrote:I really like the steering wheel !

Thanks gentleman. I love the wheel. It took me awhile to get used to it while driving slow for some odd reason. Its skinnier than the wheel we had on the car for years. Felt awkward for weeks.
bogaut wrote:you should hit that badge with some polishing compound

indeed. I actually cleaned up the adhesive around it already so it looks way better. I was hoping I could get the bagde a little "newer" looking. I will try some polishing compound on it :D Im sure this thing is easily 10+ years old and it shows.

*tiny tiny update

I finally sold that MX5 strut bar i was going to modify to a really cool guy I met locally. We got to chatting and I found out he owns this FB as well http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcjpXbMiCtg

This thing is hella cool and I wanted to share once I found out he had a famous video. Maybe someone can make a no **** givin MX3 with a V8 :lol: :lol: (a boy could dream)

I bought carbon look door handle cups or whatever there called for a MX5 and they fit the MX3 with no issues. I HAVE to stay close to my roots keeping this car a tad bit rice and to add to my other real carbon/carbon look stuff. Im thinking on maybe adding more real carbon/carbon look stuff to the car. Im not sure yet.

Also the car is doing great. I havent had any leak chasing time but i been keeping my eye on the fluids and replacing it every few weeks whens its needed im just mad I replaced the entire cooler and the new one I got from the PnP was leaking in the same area my old one was and you can never tell when your taking the parts off these cars because most of the engines are always grimey and caked with layers and layers of old oil. Now im mainly trying to keep the car on the road until I get a second car. Then the MX3 is coming off the road and im going to try my own superK engine rebuild/ improving all internals project. Why? because im confident in my skills now that I have hung around this forum for so long and have learned ALOT of tricks and tips I cant wait :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
DeadMaker

Post by DeadMaker »

Where did you bought these?Looks great.
Black Mazda Mx3 Rs 1997 B6DE
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

I had found them on the yahoo auctions. Im not sure the brand because the listing was in japanese but i bet for an NB MX5 you could get real CF door cups somewhere. I just got these to match my shift knob and steering wheel.
bogaut

Post by bogaut »

heh, thats pretty funny that you sold that strut bar to the zfg rx7 dude. so hes got a miata too? interesting, he seems like a pretty cool dude
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

I really like your steeringwheel !! mint!
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

WhiteFinish wrote:I really like your steeringwheel !! mint!
thanks white :D It took me forever to find it and all the pieces. Im glad i didnt give up now

kulluminati777 wrote:I had found them on the yahoo auctions. Im not sure the brand because the listing was in japanese but i bet for an NB MX5 you could get real CF door cups somewhere. I just got these to match my shift knob and steering wheel.
yeah he has an NB. Also sells a bunch of used miata parts online and asked me if i wanted to trade. I told him i didnt even have a miata and what my original plan for the bar was. The Rx7 is for sale but the wife would kill me if i bought something without 4 doors. I think he said hes building an older rolls royce drift car. Sounds like it could be cool.

Thats why i love the car scene here in california. I only been here a little while and have seen TONS of classic muscle cars rust free DAILY driven. Met dan and his RWD Ford probe, this V8 FB, Some 2JZ and RB26 swapped datsuns in east oakland in the street races out there. Its just SMOG sucks. I bet if california didnt have it there would be even more rare beautiful cars out here on the roads.

I also have put a front lip on my car. Nothing permanent. Its a EZ lip i got from ebay. Won the bid at six dollars with free shipping so i figured i might as well just to see how it looks. I like it. Really lowers the MS front nose without taking away from the original look of the car like a normal lip would.

DeadMaker

Post by DeadMaker »

What happened to the colour of the bumper?Did you paint it by yourself?
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

DeadMaker wrote:What happened to the colour of the bumper?Did you paint it by yourself?

Yes I did, :lol: :lol: I have to get the whole car resprayed down the road anyway (keeping it black). So I just rattle canned it a few years ago. The actual paint on the car is bad. It looks good in photos but the 20 year old clear coat isnt holding up to well. Also my wing skirts and rear bumper (someone rear ended me a few months ago) were rattle canned like that too. I will get an actual paint job one day. Im just waiting until im done with school.
DeadMaker

Post by DeadMaker »

Have you ever thought putting vinyl wrap 3m?
I have done it mine black mat and looks perfect.plus it cost less than paint ..
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

DeadMaker wrote:Have you ever thought putting vinyl wrap 3m?
I have done it mine black mat and looks perfect.plus it cost less than paint ..
Yeah it is cheaper but im a shine/gloss/glistening kind of guy. I hate plastidip, primer and all those dull colors. I know the car will look 1000000X better if I get it painted and get every inch of rust off this car but that wont be until I take it off the road next year for a full restoration.

I got new tires. Im running the stock size thank god finally. I havent had the stock tire size on this car in 4 years. Even the OEM rims had the wrong tires on em. I also lowered the car a inch or two. I might lower it in the rear a little more. After wards I HAD to get an alignment so I just took it to school and knocked that out :D

R.I.P. Paul Walker. I hope you love my F&F ride i have built over the years :D
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Engine beautification has begun. So I got a KLG4 valve cover to get rid of that unnecessary pipe and hose to clean the bay a tad bit and I painted it. I mixed it at school and sprayed it there. Its a black with gold pearl so it gives it a gold "glitter" look in the light or the sun and any other time it looks jet black. I love it. I also fit my MS oil cap to it for photos. Ill put it on once I get new gaskets in the mail. Now I just have to decide what im doing with the intake manifold. I may polish it :shrug:

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”