AaronTietje's 1994 BPT.

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
AaronTietje
antispam: No

AaronTietje's 1994 BPT.

Post by AaronTietje »

Here's what I have been waiting for. My wife and I flew down to Georga to meet Jaydog and get the most mint mx-3 I have ever seen. :D

Thanks so much Justin.

Stats:

Engine 1.8 4cyl from a Protégé that was extremely clean and very low miles. 95+ they changed the valve cover and looks like the 1.6 that came in it. The intake manifold is from the 323 GTX (BP-26). Greddy oil catch can.

Turbo - Garrett ball bearing GT2871R
ETD racing exhaust manifold and custom downpipe and 3" cat-back exhaust.

Engine management - Fully programmable Haltech E6K with computer.
In car gauges for boost and for tuning, wide band o2 sensor and gauge mounted in center vents.

Cooling - Custom 3 row radiator with high flow fan.

Ignition - Msd 6al with blaster 2 coil.

Fuel - 3rd gen Rx-7 fuel pump with 450cc Mitsu injectors. New filter put in recently and gas tank drained and filled.

Brakes - Willwood 4pot calipers. 12in Two pc. rotors with a 5lug swap. Stainless braided lines and Dot 4 brake fluid. Racing pads - Cobalt XR2's Street pads are Willwoods. Upgraded to Mx-3 GS's master cylinder, booster, rear hubs, brakes. I am in the process of swapping the rears to 5lug as well.

Suspension - D2 coilovers. Mazdaspeed rear arm kit, front lower control arm bushings and engine mounts. 22mm Whiteline rear swaybar. Front urethane swaybar bushings. Autopower race roll bar and 4 point sparco harness. SRD bushings on subframe. SRD front control arm bushings. Megan Racing RX7 tie rod ends.

Transaxle - The stronger Kia Sephia's gearbox, ACT clutch and O.E flywheel. B&M short shifter with SRD bushings, and bronzoil corksport bushings. Stainless clutch line.

Wheels and tires - 16X8 VARRSTOEN T1 5X114.3 +25 BRONZE fronts and 4x100 16x8 +15 rears till the 5lug swap.
Tires. 205 45 16

Body - Corksport Mazdaspeed front. Rear wing is wrap around spoiler.

Side skirts are pending.

Last edited by AaronTietje on January 17th, 2014, 2:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
Sleeper6
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: AaronTietje's 1994 GST.

Post by Sleeper6 »

worklog page 1:
Photo of popping fuel release, topping off.

Done. :lol:
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Well this is an occasion. I never really considered you a true MX-3 enthusiast but now there's definitely no doubt. :wink: Respect and good luck. :2thumbsup: To have your wife on board is such a bonus. These cars are not getting younger so for the we few of us who appreciate the style and sexiness of this car. It's good to know there's a solid following here who recognize and appreciate good taste when we see it.
Last edited by Daninski on October 5th, 2013, 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Awesome!

Apparently I'm the only person on this forum who doesn't know about Jaydogs car so I demand engine bay pics!

Did you end up keeping the orange shell then Aaron?
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

Very nice Aaron.

Definitly good that you're very commited to the Mx-3 and keep your enthousiasm for it :)
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
DeadMaker

Post by DeadMaker »

Let's hope that you don't jail it in the garage like you did in the other mx3..lol
Black Mazda Mx3 Rs 1997 B6DE
AaronTietje

Post by AaronTietje »

Thanks guys. It will only be jailed in the winter.

I will get pics up through the week. I'm also hoping to get some fun driving in today as I'm staying in Helen GA. I hear rumor that there are some sweet switchback roads out this way.

I still have the orange car. The plan with it atm is to get a v6 back in it.

Also, I still have the best parts from the orange slice that will be going on the new ride. :mrgreen:
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: very cool trade off. I want a 2nd MX3 :crying: :crying:
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
AaronTietje

Post by AaronTietje »

Well after driving for about 6 hrs my wife took over for me.

Cam locked in and ready to go................ Her only complaint was that the car didn't seem like it was going fast at 80 :shock:

Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

thats an awesome feeling when your other half can enjoy your car as much as you, Glad to see you guys are making it along safely!
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Love that manifold, so jealous of it.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
youdirtyfox

Post by youdirtyfox »

Yeah Buddie! Back in the game! That is a little stunner nice one :D I wouldn't change a thing on that, maybe just add those RX7 feed style side skirts in black on and boom you got a pure class machine :love2:
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

What a beaut! What springs is it on?
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
mazda915

Post by mazda915 »

awesome man congrats I love how we all just stay with the mx3s true fans and enthusiasts will never leave the mx sceen . keep us updated !!
1992 gs k8ze . 4 inch tip 2.5 cat , cold air intake ,corksport front and rear stut bars home made upper pillar bar , prosport gauges,megan racing 4 pts harnest, 10,000 K HID's , ksport suspension ,
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Very Very NICE! Definitely well worth it, and the wait.

Aaron, perhaps next year we need to put together a mid US meet. I am willing to drive half way across the country if you are ;)

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”