kulluminati777 - 1993 マツダスピード MX-3 You will be missed

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: kulluminati777's MX3 raced round the world

Post by kulluminati777 »

Josh wrote:Just go get 8 of these...

And use lock washers.

that actually was one of my ideas of what i wanted to do. I just dont know what thread size to buy. I would have to go a hardware store and start winging it. I tried getting longer studs from Ksport but i have not gotten a reply yet. I also asked Ceika because they make coilovers but they wont sell me just the studs :(

If all fails a ZE mani is the easiest option. I wouldnt use the KLG4 because i would need MS or some other engine management and its not THAT serious. I would take the outlaw spacers off if i ran out of ideas.

Why is the millenia manifold so large anyway. Its really dumb.

Thefez wrote:Really want those brakes im jealous will they clear stock GS rims?

yeah they do BUT there is no way around grinding/cutting down the hub knuckles. If your trying to fit 15´s any other size there is no issue. The boys at ceika tried for months to design a bracket that would steer you away from doing that but it is IMPOSSIBLE. They HAVE to be grinded down. There is also a smaller set up. Mine is kinda over the top. I have 6 pot calipers with a 304mm rotor which is 12 inches i think. You could get a 4 pot smaller 286mm that would cost alot less maybe 800 or so + shipping but im not sure

I just wanted to share that ALL leaks are gone. My PS fluid is low........where is the fluid gone? I cant find any leaks....Im glad the KLZE is running like a champ even after blown head gaskets. I cant stress how much i love this engine over the sad gutless K8DE. What was mazda thinking? I know they like to be quarky or what have you but they could of at least gave us the K8ZE. The "butt dyno" just enjoyed that engine so much more.

Now that I have all the exterior (except a new paint job) stuff out the way and where i want it. I plan on dressing up the engine bay a bit. I havent forgot about my interior but these mazdaspeed sports seats are EXPENSIVE. I have been waiting to see if i could find a pair stateside on ebay or a MX5 or RX7 forum so wish me luck. As soon as i have saved up enough for a over priced yahoo japan set (1800 shipped at least) then ill pull the trigger on those. I do have a carbon look MS shift knob coming in the mail. I wanted the long leather knob but that one is impossible to find im sure. Plus the CF look keeps me close to my ricer roots. I have a lead on a MS B-Spec wheel but im waiting for this guy from the MX5 forum to actually get it and see how much he wants for it. I hope not an arm and a leg.

I also just got a carbon hood. I wanted the reduction in weight for better MPG. Im not a fan of the look of carbon so i may paint it black. Its the stock look because a certain member on these boards screwed me over on a sexy vented one but its not all bad. The more is seen the vented hood the more i really wasnt a fan. I mean I already have so much going on with my car styling wise.

and less talk more random pics

I fixed the damage some idiot did on the bumper and I have blacked out my mesh, fit the clear turn signals and put on my mazda light covers because race car. Im STILL waiting on my white bonnet badge but i thought i would show you guys the new front now before i fit this carbon hood on

A sexy GT350 an acquaintance of mine owns at school ( had to get my sexier car in the photo lol)

Last edited by kulluminati777 on August 28th, 2013, 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

Nice pictures...

Did you use any effects or it's the original picture?
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

the last 4 are from my crappy camera phone and the others are from my wife's camera but I didnt use any effects. I wish I had a more better camera but i think that the lighting for the day was spot on. The picture with the city in the background is my favorite though.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

kulluminati777 wrote:to do. I just dont know what thread size to buy. I would have to go a hardware store and start winging it.
Go in with a nut, than find a bolt that fits the nut, and use that bolt to find which one has the right thread you need.

I'm surprised the MazdaSpeed one doesn't fit. My CS one I shifted it back to where it would probably be where the MS one sits naturally (since the CS is centered while the MS is offset). With it on nuts and shifted back, she cleared my IM with Outlaw Spacers, I just had to grind down those pegs off the VRIS plate.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
kulluminati777

Re: kulluminati777 - 1993 MX-3 GS

Post by kulluminati777 »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:
kulluminati777 wrote:to do. I just dont know what thread size to buy. I would have to go a hardware store and start winging it.
Go in with a nut, than find a bolt that fits the nut, and use that bolt to find which one has the right thread you need.

I'm surprised the MazdaSpeed one doesn't fit. My CS one I shifted it back to where it would probably be where the MS one sits naturally (since the CS is centered while the MS is offset). With it on nuts and shifted back, she cleared my IM with Outlaw Spacers, I just had to grind down those pegs off the VRIS plate.
I will do this idea with the nut and bolt. The Only reason the bar wont fit is the studs on the ksports are shorter than the OEM strut studs so adding all the washers bolts and whatnot wont do it :crying:
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Just got my CF hood in the mail. The brand is advan carbon and they are made down in L.A. I got it for a good price. Its not the hood i wanted but I guess some people just dont live up to there word. Its sad really but the more i looked at the inverted vented carbon hood the less i liked it. So i went with an OEM look. The only problem i have with it is the hood latch is too long. I tried moving the mechanism down but it changed nothing. I was thinking of removing the locking mechanism and just going with hood pin only setup so it will fit more flush..... i tried adjusting it where it bolts at the top hinges and there is little adjustment there as well i didnt try the bottom of the hinges yet. Any adjusting ideas? the hood its self seems spot on in fitment minus the long latch....

[LVPA]93GsSe

Post by [LVPA]93GsSe »

That hoods lookin good. Shame its a bit off. I had a CF hood on a del sol that was a bit off to, its annoying how that works. Bits aside it still looks good.
Knowing you've spent too much on your car,
yet, you still want to keep modding. -priceless
^
|
boosted_bullet

93 Honda Accord LX - Wrecked
95 Honda Del Sol Si - Stolen
92 Honda Accord EX - Parted out
2000 Toyota Celica GTS - Cracked block and broken differential teeth
93 SE - ATX to MTX, work as always in progress
01 Toyota Celica GTS - DD

Worklog to be up soon, still... ...
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

hoodpins are the way to go :wink:
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Every single CF hood I have seen is this same way. Usually high at the rear hinges and at the latch and then the top is below the fenders. One thing I did is notch out the hood latch adjustment. In reality at 90+ MPH and even at freeway speeds they flop while driving down the road. Hood pins are a must if you intend on driving fast at all. Another thing I did was installed adjustable rubber stops at the front of the hood. The MX3's are just solid and do not adjust. Went to the pnp and grabbed a set out of an old chevy, redrilled the holes and they were adjustable. It helps with the hood flop at high speeds.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

I actually have hood pins like the ones you had on your RS BUUUUUT I kind of messed up the hole so ill be getting the aero catch kind because it requires a larger hole to cover up my mistake. FYI never do anything that requires alot of precision with friends around.......

Interior updates

I found my aluminum pedals in the kulluminati cache and will be drilling the holes and installing those later tonight.

I also bought a MS carbon look knob. Its easy to find and not expensive and it will match my carbon look horn ring when i get a B-Spec wheel. It will also keep me close to my ricer roots. Also the leather MS knob looks just like the stock knob only longer so i didnt get it. This knob is smaller than i imagined though lol

Actual installation pics will be on hold until my interior is a little less pink. Im getting there but i can not find this freakin mazdaspeed steering wheel ANYWHERE :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

I bought an anodized gold MS oil cap from Bogaut. It will be a nice addition to my engine bay BUUUUT it changes my whole color scheme now. Instead of gold VC´s im going to polish them or leave them be. The intake will be Powder coated gold instead. Would help the cap "pop" more if the valve cover isnt the same color.

Im also a little sad today. I found out that my white MS bonnet badge that took me years to find may be lost. I bought it from rupewrecht a few months ago and im not sure when he ACTUALLY sent it but its still not here. I didnt go with a tracking option because i never had to and i save money where i can. Everything i ever got from him took 2 months tops to arrive at my door. Luckily he said he will send me a black rotor shaped one. Although its not the one i want i guess ill have to settle. If the white badge shows up ill send him his black one since he was so nice with this transaction and offered to recope my losses

And the final update for the evening involves my strut bar. I made a CRAZY move and bought a MX5 MS bar. I asked the seller the length of the bar from end to end and its spot on with the MX3 bar. The MX5 bar curves up ALOT and i think its just enough to clear the millenia mani. Hopefully its not too much it wont clear the hood lol. If this idea doesnt work I guess ill be taking my outlaw spacers off and giving them away to someone who wants to pay the shipping. I know ill be able to sell the MX5 bar on a roadster forum or something. Im a member over on those im searching for the MS B-spec wheel and i know ill find it over in there. Thats how I found my rare center caps for my MS-01´s so it should work. My fingers are crossed
Last edited by kulluminati777 on May 1st, 2014, 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

So my instructor at school was gone and we had a sub so I took off my interior trim and sprayed them with clear coat to give them a gloss piano black and they look GREAT. I was inspired by many new cars i have rented/ridden in over the last 5 or so years and they have black glossy trim pieces that look amazing and i wanted the same for the EC (been hangin around alot of honda guys with there chassis codes lol) They are at school now curing so ill post pics when i get em.

So my hair brain idea of using a MX5 mazdaspeed bar was a flop. The bar is a tad wider and a tad longer than the MX3 bar. I could easily modify it to fit at school but then if i fit it to the car and it doesnt clear the hood im stuck with 2 rare JDM pieces of trash. So before i did anything drastic i said forget it and posted the MX5 bar up for sale. I have a few ideas still for fitting this MX3 MS strut bar. I havent given up. Im mainly doing all this so the next MX3 with Ksport coilovers, an MS strut bar, millenia mani, and outlaw intake spacers will know what they need to do to have there cake AND eat it too.

Both bars comparison

The MX5 bar curves up ALOT. Plenty to clear the Millenia manifold. The MX3 bar is up front

the other end is lined up and this end is just a bit off. I could easily drill a hole in the MX5 bar and make it fit then MIG weld the old hole or leave it be

Its also a little wider. This is the MX3 ends with the MX5 bar. Could easily shave the bar a bit at the ends then it would slide right in.

Then i was thinking custom ends then i wouldnt have to chop up the bar at all. If I dont sell the bar in a week or two i will see what i can fabricate as far as strut bar ends go.

If mounted I it with custom ends or modified the bar it would clear the KLZE with flying colors. BUUUUT then the hood clearance comes into play. And i wouldnt know unless maybe i mock something up but i couldnt tell if it would clear the hood or not. If it did it would be VERY close.

In other news my ZE is leaking again out of the blue. I think its the oil cooler again but i bought a new gasket and cooler torqued it to spec so i dont know what the deal is. I havent lifted it up and looked due to being exhausted at school trying to get my lab stuff done but i will try this weekend if the wife is off work. We have only had one car since coming to america and its sooooooooooooo annoying. I want to do stuff and the wife always wants to be out and about doing girl stuff but complains if this or that is not right. When we had 2 cars I had a mandatory day each month when i would have one off the the road and would do a full 10000 point inspection and it wouldnt matter because the Mrs had something to get around in. I am saving for a 2nd car now. Was thinking a mazda6 or 3. Something with 4 doors for the baby :)

This was my first KLZE oil change and i put the oil in until it was at the F when hot. I did this with my K8 maybe i should have put a little less in. Im thinking i blew the gasket but maybe i just have to get under and re torque it :shrug:
Surgeonasst222

Post by Surgeonasst222 »

I have 2 kids now and when we need them both to go places even when they are older, we have a 2012 Kia serento(say what u want but it gets 28mpg right now!), next one will a mazda CX-7! U will want the room and not have to bend over all the freaking time. I tote my 2 year old around in my mazda 3 but 1 kid is all I want to put in there, and it does suck in and out compared to our serento.

Trust me think long term here, we didn't and she wanted a new optima, she loved it was a freaking nice car for the money. That's how we ended up with the serento, still a great car... But we will go mazda next SUV. Just if u think u will have more get a small SUV like the CX-7 or a serento(or if a accident child is possible). The extra space for strollers and kid stuff is great!

I love my 3 it is fun as hell, I am not sure how a 6 handles but it is to big for me. I grew up in mx-3 so my cars need to be small by nature. To be honest I was babysitting 2 kids in highschool both age 4 and they fit in the back seats and another passager just fine! With a Tom a room lol!!! Best car ever I love it!

Hope it help Arnold, best of luck!

Kegan
Mazda3 2012 - my NEW DD :mrgreen:
Mazda MX-3 RS 1992 - my project
Ford Focus SE 2010 - sold
Ford Focus SE 2003 - sold

Mazda MX-3 RS 1994 - sold :(
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Oh a CX7 would be awesome to have. We actually are going car shopping in a few weeks so im going to make sure we see one of those or a CX9. I wanted to really get anything spacious with that new skyactive motor.

*UPDATE

Im happy to announce I have found the steering wheel of my dreams. What better than a mazdaspeed Bspec wheel to control my machine through its voyages :D :D :D :D :D

I scoured the earth and joined TONS of forums and sites and the wheel was right where i get most of my JDM items. Its odd because rupewrecht was the first man i asked and he swore up and down he didnt have one but he it is my sexy wheel.

I also picked up another MS hood badge (my other was lost in the mail), a center clip i was missing from on of my wheel caps, a gold MS oil cap from boguat and a gold MS horn button to go with my wheel. Ill get pics of those and my interior mod later but for now i present to you my baby

Last edited by kulluminati777 on May 1st, 2014, 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bogaut
antispam: No

Post by bogaut »

damn that steering wheel looks MINT
mx3matt

Post by mx3matt »

cx-7 is great looking, but that pos kia will give you better mileage all day long, 2.3's are ridiculous guzzlers. especially in the cuv

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”