WTB GS body in good condition

Looking for an Item you'd like to buy? Post here.
This section is NOT for selling.
stevesei

WTB GS body in good condition

Post by stevesei »

A really freaky autocrossing accident has left my 92 GS with not economically repairable front frame damage, plus the need for a fender, engine cradle, bumper, and spoiler. I would like to transfer my recently renewed and upgraded mechanical, suspension, and interior to a good condition body.

If you live in the Southeast US and have a good bodied parts car, or one that needs a bunch of work to make whole, please PM or TXT me and let's see if we can make a deal.

Thanks
Steve
TXT or call at 727-459-4781
Last edited by stevesei on September 14th, 2013, 3:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Steve Seiter
Blue '92 GS, Milly square-port DE with stainless headers, Stoker100 chip, HEI/Blaster conversion,
2.25" exhaust, High flow cat, ZX-2 shocks, short shifter, urethane front bushings, 17x7s with 595 Evos
crazycanadian

Re: WTB GS body in good condition

Post by crazycanadian »

Oh wow.. what happened?
stevesei

Post by stevesei »

We autocross at an unused airport runway. I got offcourse, in the grass, without incident. I turned around to get back on the runway, in fairly tall grass. Course workers didn't know there was a depression along the side of the runway. I hit the edge of the concrete right above the tow hooks, just a bit off square. I pushed the radiator support back about 6" and folded the trans cradle. $1400 just to get the frame straightened, not to mention the bumper cover, lip, RF fender and the cradle, plus paint.

The strange thing is the car runs and drives fine, except the engine was rocked back at the bottom so the shift pattern is strange. I put the car up for sale, $2500. Maybe a lot, but it's a complete drop-in upgrade for someone. Take a look in the FS section!

As an alternate, I would love a good, solid GS body to swap everything into. Just as I was becoming competitive with the Miatas!
Steve Seiter
Blue '92 GS, Milly square-port DE with stainless headers, Stoker100 chip, HEI/Blaster conversion,
2.25" exhaust, High flow cat, ZX-2 shocks, short shifter, urethane front bushings, 17x7s with 595 Evos
Sleeper6
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Sleeper6 »

Well theres Aarons minty shell up here in NY if you want to visit wine country :wink:
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
stevesei

Post by stevesei »

Talk to me about Aaron's minty shell! I'd love to visit the NY wine country! How do I contact Aaron?

Steve
Steve Seiter
Surgeonasst222
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Surgeonasst222 »

stevesei wrote:Talk to me about Aaron's minty shell! I'd love to visit the NY wine country! How do I contact Aaron?

Steve
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=81069

There u go and u can pm Aaron from there...
Mazda3 2012 - my NEW DD :mrgreen:
Mazda MX-3 RS 1992 - my project
Ford Focus SE 2010 - sold
Ford Focus SE 2003 - sold

Mazda MX-3 RS 1994 - sold :(
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

stevesei wrote:We autocross at an unused airport runway. I got offcourse, in the grass, without incident. I turned around to get back on the runway, in fairly tall grass. Course workers didn't know there was a depression along the side of the runway. I hit the edge of the concrete right above the tow hooks, just a bit off square. I pushed the radiator support back about 6" and folded the trans cradle. $1400 just to get the frame straightened, not to mention the bumper cover, lip, RF fender and the cradle, plus paint.

The strange thing is the car runs and drives fine, except the engine was rocked back at the bottom so the shift pattern is strange. I put the car up for sale, $2500. Maybe a lot, but it's a complete drop-in upgrade for someone. Take a look in the FS section!

As an alternate, I would love a good, solid GS body to swap everything into. Just as I was becoming competitive with the Miatas!
Oh man bud.. Sorry to hear... Hopefully you can find a good shell and keep up with it... These cars have lots of untapped potential at autocross..

check out my KLG4 323 build up... I have been setting it up specifically for SMF... It'll help give you some good ideas for setting up the new car to come out faster and stronger.. :)
AaronTietje
antispam: No

Post by AaronTietje »

Hey, I just sent you a text.

Aaron
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
stevesei

Post by stevesei »

Talked to Aaron, he's on the fence as to whether he wants to sell or keep his shell.

Hey Crazy, I have looked at your 323! You did bunches of work! Mine's about maxed except for rear LCA bushings until/unless I get coilovers and 5-lug spindles with big brakes. You put solid bushings on the LCAs, really good couilovers, and the Kaaz LSD. A super setup, but not really a daily driver, IMHO.

BTW, I took your reservations about the Phantom
grip under advisement, but for the price, decided to try it. I truly believe that the destruction you found was either a dropped spider gear shaft, or shavings from hastily prepared spider gear facings. I double pinned the shaft and had the spider gears surface ground, then lapped them in. I used royal purple gear oil and I get just the right amount of limited slip to be able to use the engine in turns at autocrosses. I resisted the impulse to install all the green springs for more locking, and am glad I did. The thing works exactly as I hoped it would, including no noises, etc.

You don't have an extra shell, do you?

Cheers!
Steve
Steve Seiter
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

Sorry bud.. I don't have an extra shell... Good luck...

You'd be surprised, my car is daily driven including 4+ hour road trips to different events...

Return to “MX-3 Related Want to Buy Forum”