Fender Flares

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Fender Flares

Post by kulluminati777 »

Anyone seen one on a MX3 before. Or mybe someone can photo shop them on there car. Im very curious to see if they would look good or not. I love the way they look on other cars for sure
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
mitmaks

Re: Fender Flares

Post by mitmaks »

Why? Are you planning on running wider wheel/tire combo. I think mx3 already looks good the way it is.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Hoooly s--- that MX3 is cool. RHD and five lug swapped...I want some details!

And Kull, theres a guy on the FB group with a black MX3 who has flares, it looked really sweet but I think it's very hit and miss.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

I was think about flares on my car because my tires kinda stick out the fenders a tad. Maybe when i change my tire size i wont have that problem. Also with my 2nd MX3 (dont have it....yet) i was going in a whole other direction with it. I was thinking fender flares and a deep dish type wheel with a jdm lip and skirts and the wraparound wing. May look good :shrug:

wow that car looks cool! How come you never posted it in the cool MX3 photo thread i know you have more angles lol
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

There were a couple companies that made them a few years ago. Most just bought universal flares and used that as their foundation. You used to be able to buy chrome flares but i have not seen a set of those in years. I would look up GTR fender flares, there was a set on ebay recently and i think they could be swapped with minimal issues.
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

Personally I think fender flares belong on a truck, and if you have them on a car-you might be a redneck.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Rally driven cars use them, looks good but only on some cars,,,like the Impreza. :D

2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

[QUOTE=Oldsql;789353]Image

That's all for the moment :|[/QUOTE]

Very few cars can pull them off I think. This BG I feel does though.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Mitmaks nailed it.

Why flare? Because ricecar.

Just as tacky as "rally" mud flaps on street driven subies that will never see dirt nor track, and only "race" grocery getters from red lights.

I never understood the body kit desire... The #1 reason I believe most of us liked the Mx- would be body styling. Why copy a Subaru, or any other vehicle for that matter? Why not just buy one? :/

No disrespect intended here, just my .02 cents!
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

This listing has ended but you can see the just of it in the pics, these are very small factory flares. Would look a bit out of place on an MX but I think if done correctly they would not be sooo bad, but they would have to have a proper wheel and tire combo. There are a couple cars I have seen that they just flared the fenders out some and that is not so bad either.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mazda-Famili ... true&rt=nc

A Pro with GTR flares

mx3_ryder

Post by mx3_ryder »

This looks like some universal flares that have been molded to the body? Looks good... IMO

youdirtyfox

Post by youdirtyfox »

I will just leave this here! Go big or go home, I went home,lol

bogaut

Post by bogaut »

overfenders are baller as f---, and you can only roll and pull oem fenders so much. if you wanna run wider wheels/tires and lower offsets, its the way to go
youdirtyfox

Post by youdirtyfox »

I have been looking into alot lately, found lots of guides on how to slice the original fenders up, also I think it would be real hard work making them work with the swage line the car, and the rear bumper fitment would be another tricky area to get right.

http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=125864

here is a whole bunch of ABS arches for not alot of dosh!
http://ala-plast.com/cz/drifting.html

You would also need a good amount of poke&stretch too ;)
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

I hate the screw holes.. I really with guys would take the time to at least smooth them out and blend them to the car a bit more. IMO the best way is to cut and flare them and add metal. These were from a different car and fabbed to fit this one.

I always wanted to flare my MG midget but it had flawless paint. The front of the MX is a bit easier than the rear. I always thought RX8 style flares would look good, or FD rear quarters ;)

Return to “Appearance”