Kegan's - 1992 RS - TrAnsFOrm!!!

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Savin

Re: Kegan's - 1992 RS - Parts and sound??? ya bad dirt too ;

Post by Savin »

Yay for progress! You're moving along faster than me, lol.

As for that dirt...I really can't help you with that. Maybe try brake clean? or some Purple Power. That stuff did wonders for my tan interior in my old sunfire.
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

Kegan, nice progress.
Contact Mark about the heater knob
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

HAHA you know what that "brown dirt" is!? It is makeup... actually foundation and can be a PITA to clean off. I have just taken some 409 or basic cleaner with a green sos scrub pad and it comes off. You could use denatured alcohol, that would work as well. it will come off.
Surgeonasst222
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Surgeonasst222 »

Josh wrote:HAHA you know what that "brown dirt" is!? It is makeup... actually foundation and can be a PITA to clean off. I have just taken some 409 or basic cleaner with a green sos scrub pad and it comes off. You could use denatured alcohol, that would work as well. it will come off.
I thought about that... I work with a lot of women and I work in radiology a lot as well. This meaning I have to wear lead with a thyroid collar, and that stuff is caked on there collars lol

I guess I didn't put that guess in there cuz it was all over the steering wheel and the shifter... Seemed like a strange place for this to show up at. As it would seem it would need to be a place where a body part was touching all the time. Most women don't put that stuff right on there hands :?

I picked up more cleaners today while I was out 409 wasn't working... And Savin u and your purple stuff :lol:

Anyway I picked up some new belts as the other ones are soaked with power steering fluid, also had to order my spark plug wires as no one has them lol

Whitefinish I mailed mark ;) thanks for the tip

Savin call me up when u want help with that v6 ;) I will be there to help and take something's home with me :mrgreen:

Will update on the next nice day :) rain all the rest of the week, but I will try soon

Thanks for the help guys!

Kegan
Mazda3 2012 - my NEW DD :mrgreen:
Mazda MX-3 RS 1992 - my project
Ford Focus SE 2010 - sold
Ford Focus SE 2003 - sold

Mazda MX-3 RS 1994 - sold :(
Surgeonasst222

Post by Surgeonasst222 »

Well.... I woke up this morning planing on doing. Lot to the car today! Was going to flush the coolant out, and clean up the rest of the car, also power wash the engine bay out... Get the hood to match with the fender... U know little stuff...

I got dressed went downstairs and I opened the door to this!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Well so much for that idea... :( :(

It spouse to get better tomorrow... I hope so before I go to soccer :)

In other news I bought OEM cloth seat covers, full set front and rear :mrgreen: for $60 shipped off ebay! Great deal I think, I get to hide my driver side rips and also get to hide the ugly teal! So win, win, and win in book! (I don't like leather FYI that's why I didn't spring for those, and there $300)

Will update tomorrow if I get anything done, with pics!

Kegan

Surgeonasst222

Re: Kegan's - 1992 RS - noob brakes the brakes....

Post by Surgeonasst222 »

Well.... Long story short I am a total noob at car care and I was rushing cuz I had to leave to be somewhere... I put tranny fluid in the brake fluid...

After taking off everything and flushing and bleeding... Front left and back right wheels are frozen. :(

I am going to have it put on a wrecker and take it to my buddy's shop for him to replace the whole brake system...

That is the sucky news... :(

Good news... Picked up one of these off ebay!

Replaced my stock speakers!

Old

New

Any help with brake system guys with parts and stuff, I don't have the money for problem I made for myself :crying:

Thanks,

Kegan

Surgeonasst222

Re: Kegan's - 1992 RS - noob brakes the brakes....

Post by Surgeonasst222 »

Well good news is my brakes are fine it is just the rear right drum is bad :? So I need to replace that!

Just some small updates, got my euro OEM tower bar in yesterday and got it installed...

Also picked up a 2012 mazda 3 while I was out last week :mrgreen:

I got my raised RS spoiler and power steering pump from king this week so those will be soon to follow, with the power steering pump fixed my car will sound more like a car and less like a airplane... :mrgreen:

Surgeonasst222

Re: Kegan's - 1992 RS - Savin's pick and pull, and problems.

Post by Surgeonasst222 »

Well I haven't did to much to the car lately, collecting parts and such as everyone can see from my forum posts here stocking up. :mrgreen: mostly I wasn't doing a lot for two reasons, I wanted to do my interior more and I want to do my rear disk brake swap. I didn't have time to do either and I didn't have the parts for the interior as Savin said he had all I needed I just needed the time to get there.

Well yesterday I got to finally drive two hours and go see Savin(Jason) for the interior parts. So this happens to be a great story I got up at 4:40am and drove my wife's Kia serento. Went to town picked up my dad for a extra pair hands cuz you never know when u will ned more of those and we started driving. All of the driving was really boreing except tire pressure light went off, it goes off all the time so I thought I would check it when we get there. So another hour later we get to savin's house we meet and say hi, then we were going to follow him to where the donor car is at his 24 hour storage place. At this time I looked at the tires and my front driver looked low, so I said no big deal we will stop at a gas sation and fill it up. We hit a gas sation of savin's choosing and fill up the tire good as new! Followed Savin to the storage area the place doesn't open up for another hour, but he said it is cool they for 24 hour access. He tried he key to open the gate... It wouldn't open... Tired many more time and it was broke. :( so we thought we should go get some breakfast and the place would be open in a hour. So we go get some eats and I also said we will see if the tire goes flat as well while we eat. Food wasn't bad ate and chated for about a hour and the storage place was open now. So I pay for our breakfast and walk out to the car and we can HEAR the air coming out of the tire. Savin drives us to the nearest tire place, they have NINE people in front or us they said it would be 2-3 hours before we could get in for a patch. That tire place sent us to another tire place, they were less busy and we for right in another hour and half and we were on our way back to storage unit!

Now we finally get to work I take pretty much everything I needed and stuff that Savin didn't want that I didn't even need but it was better then what it had. The dash was a b---- to get off but with savin's and my dads help it went off much easier then I thought. Here is the car after we were done with it. :mrgreen:

After we raided his parts car he also had some stuff at home so we met up back there, got a 94-97 style back seat! After that we were going to go to local pick and pull and hit that too but we were running a bit behind after the tire and the gate so I told him we will hit it up next time. I do plan I going to see Savin again after I get her running in better shape. I need a few more things that I forgot but I saw in the piles of parts he didn't need any more. So I will see him again soon with my mx-3 at hand and if looking in tip top shape because of his help! Here is pics of. The trunk of my mx-3 with all the parts I should have took one in the Kia, but I forgot. :(

FYI Gary I will come see you too don't worry... But Savin is a little closer to my house then you. ;) All three of us need to meet up some day as well :)

Those pics don't do it justice on how many interior parts I got from savin's pick and pull. ;) A lot great stuff and a full dash, I am less jelly of you Oregon guys when I have people like Gary and Jason around me!

Thanks goes our to both of you guys, my project would have took a lot longer without the both of your help. Now to just get some days and start ruling her apart and putting her back together again :)

Thanks again to all that helped with my car with parts and advice!(Gary next time tell me somthing is broke when I pick it up not a month later lol)

I will update as I go with the interior ;)

Kegan

Savin

Post by Savin »

Woot Woot! Glad the parts could find a good home with you! :D
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
Surgeonasst222

Post by Surgeonasst222 »

Well it has been a painful time but the new dash is 89% in!

I need some finishing touches here and there but... I have a question for people that have euro vents with the hazard switch.

The hazard light fits there and the a/c will also fit there, I see that the hazard is missing some components on it switch than the a/c switch. Now I got dash mostly in I could test and make sure everything on the dash harness was working good. I had the hacczc ard light in the a/c spot to see what happened, when it was off nothing. When I clicked it on the car bogged down and acted like the a/c turned on. I can't feel the cold cuz I cut the belt :(
anyway I am guess what I am asking is if anyone knows if the a/c will work with the euro hazard button.

Pics of the car soon!!!

Thanks,

Kegan

kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

im sure it does still work as a a/c switch. As long as the plugs match up and it has the metal prongs similar to the a/c switch is still a switch that can cut on the a/c. I took my hazard switch and put an a/c one in there anyway. Im sure your compressor is on as well but there is no way to tell because you cut the belt so you cant see if the a/c compressor clutch is engaging....
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
Surgeonasst222

Post by Surgeonasst222 »

kulluminati777 wrote:im sure it does still work as a a/c switch. As long as the plugs match up and it has the metal prongs similar to the a/c switch is still a switch that can cut on the a/c. I took my hazard switch and put an a/c one in there anyway. Im sure your compressor is on as well but there is no way to tell because you cut the belt so you cant see if the a/c compressor clutch is engaging....

A/c on the left... I already looked at this they don't match up... So I guess I need to do my power steering pump and put on the belt lol

Hit minor road block today, lesson learned match up stuff before I throw stuff away... I threw away my old vents cuz they broke taking them out. Well I could have used the clips off one... GRRR

anyone have 92-93 vents around that are not going to use I need the clip that is not pictured below! Lets play what is missing from this picture ;)

Got plenty to do thoe...

[LVPA]93GsSe

Re: Kegan's - 1992 RS - TrAnsFOrm!!!

Post by [LVPA]93GsSe »

Would it be possible to poke the wire out of the connector and put it in the correct to match the prong? I've done this before on relays.
Knowing you've spent too much on your car,
yet, you still want to keep modding. -priceless
^
|
boosted_bullet

93 Honda Accord LX - Wrecked
95 Honda Del Sol Si - Stolen
92 Honda Accord EX - Parted out
2000 Toyota Celica GTS - Cracked block and broken differential teeth
93 SE - ATX to MTX, work as always in progress
01 Toyota Celica GTS - DD

Worklog to be up soon, still... ...
Surgeonasst222

Post by Surgeonasst222 »

Ok just cuz I don't have a clip doesn't mean I am at a stand still, but it does mean I get board cuz I am waiting for parts from 3 places for interior.

1. UK
2. thefez(just bought them end of week, not even shipped yet)
3. Unknown (clip for my vent)

Other parts out on shipping:

1. Rear rotors (my tail lights came faster)
2. Eunos hood badge from Aussie ;)
3. New Pedel covers

Any way I been in the inside so much and I am kinda at a stalemate with things as I need parts 1st from the very top list to move on. I worked a bit on the outside of things... My rad cover was getting pretty rusty looking and I wanted to sand it down and paint plus replace all the hardware with stainless as well while I was de rusting things. I forgot to take a before pick , it wasn't horrible rust or anything. It was bad enough to me to let it go thoe.... Soooooo

After:

Turned out pretty good didn't put the other part back on yet repainted that as well but black. FYI I not a big red car fan, but I like the red as a accent ;) oooo forgot ran to the store as well and grabbed stainless hardware to replace the rusting stuff ;)

The owner of our little town truevalue is great guy, knows when I come in to just give him my nuts/bolts and he grabs me stainless. While I grab my other odds and end :)

Moving on! I put one of these in while I was waiting for paint to dry...

Looks good I think, not a big shiny fan, but I think smoked on a all black car would be to much black out. Contrast makes things pop 8)

That was just today maybe I should bring the work log up to speed! Been doing the dash for about 3 weeks when I have time I just had my 2nd baby girl this last week on 7/28/13 at 4:09pm ;)

Onward 1st thing i swapped I the side was the door panels and speakers.

Before:

After:

Now I did also get chrome handles from Savin, they look great on, and there was plastic and tar on the passenger door not drivers thoe. Also of goo gone and some elbow it came off. It really sucked thoe! Anyway they look great!!!

Also what's this under the seat? It looked kinda crappy, rust and paint was bad so I sanded and re-painted her ;)

Before:

After:

FYI the white stuff is newspaper that stuck to it after I flipped it over to paint it... Ooo well it is under the seat i am not re-painting for that...

I want to do all the dash pics in a different post when I am all done with it, but I want to post my euro dash piece with the little cubby. I think it went really well, mark(mooneggs) has already did it before so I had a little bit of a blue print. It was great thoe as mine was a little different then his... For 1st off the tab that clips in on left side of the steering wheel was broke off when I got it from whitefinish. No prob!!! I got my dash piece out just broke mine off and super glued it on to the euro one!

Before:

After:

Now with the clip on I decide to look at my dash piece on the back and the euro dash piece, and study marks pics more carefully... Now I notice things about marks piece that mine had that his didn't.

1. I had no clip, fixed!
2. I had the smaller cover for the screw hole on the right side of the steering wheel, mark didn't.
3. I have this bar bolted in at the bottom that has some surface rust on it, these wasn't on our USDM dash pieces, it also wasn't on marks euro one either. So I took this off and cast it aside thinking I didn't need it. :shrug:

Well after trying to put it on I figured out it didn't fit totally right. No surprise mark said his didn't fully line up. God it looked close thoe... So I worked at it and worked at it and I couldn't get the hood latch thing to line up. So I sat back and thought a sec and I knew what that bar was for. It was a support to put hood latch release through and I wouldn't have to match up the USDM dash support one that was already welded on. So I took off the dash piece and sanded and painted the bar, put it back on fit up the dash. On mod I had to do was the screw hole on the bottom right, it didn't line up with the screw hole. I made my own holding it up tight up the dash, that worked great! Now with the euro dash piece with its own support it fit like a dream with the hood Mach release. It looks freaking great! Sits up nice and tight and no real gaps that notice except on the side of the dash where the door closes. I have pics of it all, even euro dash with the painted bar! Little more storage ;) and also mark used a dremmel, I must not have the right cutting tool cuz it flew off the dremmel and almost hit me in the eye so I just used heat and bending 8)

Metal casualties:

The back of the euro dash with painted back bar before install:

Euro dash piece on:

The little mismatch I see:

Got a good story about putting the temp controls back it, that sucked 100% worse than the tar on the door.

Anyway more soon!

marcdh

Post by marcdh »

Under the seat is ABS control unit (if you have ABS). Good work and congrats on the newborn :)
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”