Any american's waiting for the 25 year clock?

Eunos 30X/Presso/Autozam AZ-3 Discussions
MazdaMech
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Any american's waiting for the 25 year clock?

Post by MazdaMech »

So, I don't know about y'all but I can't wait for 2016/2017. That is the year or years that the 1991/1992 (Respectively) AZ-3/Eunos Presso/30x will be able to be imported into the united states with original configuration intact (meaning it can remain right hand drive).

I know Canadians can already import em in I think, but I am going to be searching real hard to find one around that time. I have a connection for a GB version of the MX-3 but I really want a Eunos or Autozam. Anyone else after it?
Own:
2012 Chevrolet Camaro LS
2006 Chevrolet Uplander LS
1999 Ford F-250 XLT LD
1992 Mazda MX-3 GS (Rescue from a poor handler) *In work*(Body, interior, (future - KL swap))
1987 Dodge Dakota LE
1983 Honda CX-650C +parts bike
Looking at:
TRYING TO FIND A MX-3 Daily! No Luck:-(
Surgeonasst222

Re: Any american's waiting for the 25 year clock?

Post by Surgeonasst222 »

I am... I actually can get one threw canada as I am very close if I wanted to lol

I need to think about this less and put more effort into my 92 at the moment thoe ;)
Mazda3 2012 - my NEW DD :mrgreen:
Mazda MX-3 RS 1992 - my project
Ford Focus SE 2010 - sold
Ford Focus SE 2003 - sold

Mazda MX-3 RS 1994 - sold :(
MazdaMech

Post by MazdaMech »

Well I have family in Michigan close to windsor (1hr), So I can buy it, but to drive it through the border with Billofsale? I don't know if they will let me do that, also cannot register it without customs, EPA, and DOT sticking there nose in the mess, and they will make you convert it to left hand drive before you register it (unless its older than 25 years). So, if you can get it over now at least you have one when the 25 years hits. That means late night cruising or garage kept for a few years :cry:
Thats one of my ultimate dream cars, people want expensive ones, not I. :mrgreen:
Own:
2012 Chevrolet Camaro LS
1999 Ford F-250 XLT LD
1992 Mazda MX-3 GS (Rescue from a poor handler) *In work*(Body, interior, (future - KL swap))
1987 Dodge Dakota LE
Looking at:
bogaut
antispam: No

Post by bogaut »

yeah and older cars can be bought in japan auctions for cheap! ive seen a few 90-94 proteges go for 50 bucks haha. only problem is its around 2-3k to ship
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

lol honestly been there done that with the RHD MX3. So thats the last car i would import. I would want something rare like a, type R anything (perfrerably the NSX-R) 400R, Z-tune, Bathurst R or even a 323 GT-R. Something worth the 2000+ import costs. A presso or AZ-3 maybe only if it was a fully kitted A-spec car from Mazdaspeed.
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

Surgeonasst222 wrote:I am... I actually can get one threw canada as I am very close if I wanted to lol
*through*
Threw would be, "he threw a ball" =D
kulluminati777 wrote:lol honestly been there done that with the RHD MX3. So thats the last car i would import. I would want something rare like a Z-tune
good luck getting one of the 20 lol

Luckily i'm canadian so it's 15 years for us, but still after all the import fees and whatnot it wouldn't really be worth it to get a presso, i'd rather get an R-34 or something.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

I don't see much of a point, it would be a cool novelty but RHD driving in LHD countries isn't much fun. I thought I was gonna die everytime I took a left hand turn at a light in my Soarer.

IMO the only reasons to import a car are if they are unavailabe in your country, if the foriegn vehicle has a considerably better drivetrain( a la MK3 Supra with the 7MGTE vs 1JZGTE) or if the cost and rarity of it's domestic counterpart is considerably more(Such as the newest rx7s, an identical car can go for 12 grand if it's LHD or 5 grand if it's RHD).

Sure teh imported car might have low mileage that would be impossible to get domestically but the inconvenience of RHD and paying a premium for an under power and outdated car vastly outweighs that positive.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
MazdaMech

Post by MazdaMech »

RobMinhas wrote:I don't see much of a point, it would be a cool novelty but RHD driving in LHD countries isn't much fun. I thought I was gonna die everytime I took a left hand turn at a light in my Soarer.

IMO the only reasons to import a car are if they are unavailabe in your country, if the foriegn vehicle has a considerably better drivetrain( a la MK3 Supra with the 7MGTE vs 1JZGTE) or if the cost and rarity of it's domestic counterpart is considerably more(Such as the newest rx7s, an identical car can go for 12 grand if it's LHD or 5 grand if it's RHD).

Sure teh imported car might have low mileage that would be impossible to get domestically but the inconvenience of RHD and paying a premium for an under power and outdated car vastly outweighs that positive.
Just for the novelty, I care about the looks/novelty/collection more than the power/outdatedness for an import. And its not gonna be a daily, so I can deal with the inconvenience. To each there own i guess. :freak:
Own:
2012 Chevrolet Camaro LS
1999 Ford F-250 XLT LD
1987 Dodge Dakota LE
Looking at:
bogaut

Post by bogaut »

yea after all the costs, you are looking at close to 5k for an mx3. and a lot of the jdm ones had the 1.5l under the hood :/ . ive been looking in to importing a car, but it would probably be a kei car, since they sell for cheap and only cost around 900 bucks to ship haha
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

good luck getting one of the 20 lol

:lol: :lol: hahaha a boy can dream
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

bogaut wrote:yea after all the costs, you are looking at close to 5k for an mx3. and a lot of the jdm ones had the 1.5l under the hood :/ . ive been looking in to importing a car, but it would probably be a kei car, since they sell for cheap and only cost around 900 bucks to ship haha

oooh i wouldnt mind an AZ-1 or an Alto WORKS.
Last edited by kulluminati777 on July 2nd, 2013, 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Savin

Post by Savin »

I REALLY want a mazdaspeed az-1!
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

Yes.
bogaut

Post by bogaut »

id love an az1, they are kinda spendy, they go anywhere from 5k - 15k before all the fees and stuff
JayoM

Post by JayoM »

My Presso is 2 and a bit years off the 25 year mark...must remember to put it up for sale then :lol:

Return to “Eunos 30X/Presso/Autozam AZ-3”