Mazda 3 seats

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Mazda 3 seats

Post by MrMazda92 »

After a great deal of time spent measuring, dis-assembling, and re-assembling... I have concluded that the passenger side Mazda3 seat will bolt perfectly onto the passenger seat rails of the MX-3... This does leave the seat a few inches taller than factory, but will work for those squeamish about cutting/welding/riveting to mock up a "perfect" set of rails from between the two sets.

I am honestly shocked beyond belief that these fit in perfectly like this... The bolt holes are literally 100% identical.

My own method of mounting will take quite a bit more work, but should look like a factory upgrade, without changing the height of the seats much.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
youdirtyfox

Re: Mazda 3 seats

Post by youdirtyfox »

100% is crazy! look forward to seeing your bolting up method :)

Wonder if the MPS versions are the same?!
They got some mental contour
:love2:
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I was shocked, I only measured because they looked pretty close visually...

You could need to drill 4 of the rivets out on the stock rails, and then the 3 rails bolt directly onto them. The reason it is taller is that you end up using both sets of rails... It still clears the headliner, but taller passengers would not like it at all. You would be adjusting the seats with the factory 3 rails, not the MX-3.

The easiest method of maintaining stock seat height is to use the MX-3 rails on the 3 seats... I am using the 3 rails because the adjustment travel is farther, and the overall design is much improved. This does however mean that I need to break the MX-3 rails down and use the mounts, either by welding or drilling and bolting them onto the 3 rails.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
youdirtyfox

Post by youdirtyfox »

btw we found those rivets a bit of a b---- to drill as they just spin! Grinder does better to get the tops off.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Alright, I'll hit them with a dremel or a grinder then, I still need to get ahold of a second set so I can avoid butchering my only backup seats...

Thank you for the heads up!
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
youdirtyfox

Post by youdirtyfox »

Although the grinder will work I tried using a hacksaw with success, means you don't have to worry about protecting
the cloth so much.

Saw just past/through the rivet and bend forward with a screwdriver in the hole to reveal a spot weld , then you can wiggle
the bracket backwards and forwards till it snaps off. Then all you got to do is grind down the runner flat.

MazdaMech
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by MazdaMech »

So did I miss something on a previous post or what? How about the drivers side?
Own:
2012 Chevrolet Camaro LS
2006 Chevrolet Uplander LS
1999 Ford F-250 XLT LD
1992 Mazda MX-3 GS (Rescue from a poor handler) *In work*(Body, interior, (future - KL swap))
1987 Dodge Dakota LE
1983 Honda CX-650C +parts bike
Looking at:
TRYING TO FIND A MX-3 Daily! No Luck:-(
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

I have thought about the 3 seats as well, I decided against them as you would sit higher and that is my problem with the 92-93 seats. Though the MS 3 seats as well as the others I am sure have height adjustability. I have seen MX-6 leather seats and though they feel extremely nice they are way too tall.
Surgeonasst222

Post by Surgeonasst222 »

Ya our cars are not built for the tall people of this world... But I am unsure why u would want to put these seats in this car anyway...

I own a mazda 3 and I would never want those seats in my mx-3, not just hight but look... The new seats are made for a new car they would look out of place in my 92 mx-3 for sure :?

Meh to each there own... That's why all our cars are different! :mrgreen:
Mazda3 2012 - my NEW DD :mrgreen:
Mazda MX-3 RS 1992 - my project
Ford Focus SE 2010 - sold
Ford Focus SE 2003 - sold

Mazda MX-3 RS 1994 - sold :(
Caleb T

Post by Caleb T »

This is cool... Will keep it in mind.. 8)
ZOOM-ZOOM
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Any chance anybody would like to buy these?

I decided to stick with factory seats, after buying MoonEggs' leathers.
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:

Return to “Appearance”