best place to find

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
trackstar1506

best place to find

Post by trackstar1506 »

I am currently shopping for a mada mx-3. But where is the best place to find one? I do NOT want one that is already modified. I want one that is going to make me work on it somewhat, just to keep things intresting, but nothing like the tranny going out either. Also, how much should i be expecting to pay for this? I go on ebay and see cars for around one grand, and then I see them in the thrifty nickle for 2500. Is there any secret place to get a simple mx-3 or do i just need to pray and wait for one to come along? any help would be appreciated.
Rope04

Re: best place to find

Post by Rope04 »

It all depends on what your looking for...The Rs 1.6 SOHC, Rs 1.6 DOHC,Gs 1.8 V6, oR Se 1.8 v6. Everything depends on what u want and how much u wanna pay....I would go with the Gs since it has all the power acessories...sunroof, cruise, rear wiper etc....Not to mention an easier swap for a kl-Ze-De....Or the se it has the leather but VERY RARE....ebay is a great source if your willing to buy a car from there...Hiint you really dunno whats wrong with it, but if your fixing it up anyway,say it has motor issues,who cares,throw in a ZE and POW!!!!....You got yourself a monstor...But I would go that route,I am once I get some stuff ordered, I am going for the ZE with my TT Setup and see what happens....But Ebay and Your Local car Advertisements whereever, wanna drive for it go for it
Ferrari Red w/silver Metallic 92' Mx-3 GsR: Blown 5 Built motors from my past project and am going to N/A for a while as I get use to Megasquirt for proper tuning then may boost....TT setups have too much lag and too low of a power output for the rpm range i sought....Single is better and may do that in future...New project is custom Alum Mani/ with 3-4" runners...NO ?'s about my previous setup I don't want anyone to waste as Much $$$$$$ as I did...listen to BabyBlue and the those guys and go with thier F/I setups
trackstar1506

Post by trackstar1506 »

i like the body style more than anything about this car. I dont think i really want to get the 88hp one but i am doing this also for gas, so i dont know if the v6 is right for me either. I plan to make this car "my own" with some stuff people have not seen before, or at least isnt common, so i dont really care about all the luxury items. any one have a base price now?
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

Go with the GS. Mileage wise, it's only a 5mpg difference. V6's are easier and have more stuff to mod. Plus the extra power is worth it. Ebay is probably your best bet to get it within $2000. The car adds will always be higher in price. Since you want to fix up the car, your probably going to do an engine swap, so you only need the body and electrical to work properly.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

i got mine from a junkyard for $1000(1994 gs) it was a steal if you ask me. check out some junkyards.
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
trackstar1506

Post by trackstar1506 »

why are some of the cars on ebay going for under one grand then? And how much was wrong with the car when you got it from the junkyard? i live in east texas so its kinda hard to get 3s down here. Ive only seen one other person who had one!
and how much should i pay for just a body? no motor whatsoever?
stock3

Post by stock3 »

I bought my 94 RS for about 3k, it had 87,000 miles on it about 8 months ago. It runs perfect. FYI. Get the GS if you want to do any mods. try to get it for under 2,000. I didn't see a lot of MX-3's when I bought mine, but now I see them everywhere. They are so sexy! I'll let you know if I see anything.

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”