Parting out my 93 MX3 unfortunatly!!

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
hqpc

Parting out my 93 MX3 unfortunatly!!

Post by hqpc »

I'm totally bummed, I think I blew the motor! I love this car as you will see from all the $ i've dumped in to it. Transmission (5 speed)$1500 newer Box with new pressure plate and clutch, less then 8 or 9 thousand miles ago. Distributor less then 10,000 miles ago. $300. two new front axcels and bearings $400, last freakin moth for cryin out loud!!! I know I won't get that much for the parts so make an offer. I'll take less to give up the whole car. I never drove it in the snow (Pittsburgh PA) while i've had it. (almost 3 years). The girl we got it from said it came from the carolina's. The paints faded and the clear coat is a little peeled from the sun. There is one rust spot that i know of and its under the hood by the hood latch. The interior is a little ruff in some spots. Back seats is torn at the seam and the fronts are faded
For those of you that think I'm retarded for parting it out. Please feel free to speak up. DO you know where i can find a cheap 1.8 V6? I had plans to paint and fix a few dings on it before it went and now i'm sittin here with my head between my legs not knowing what to do? I Love this car but I just can't afford 2 Grand for a new motor in this thing. Most importantly i need the wheels!!!! :mad:
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Re: Parting out my 93 MX3 unfortunatly!!

Post by johnnyb »

try car-part.com I'm not sure whats around pittsburgh but I'm sure you can find a deal that will help you out
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

If you decide to part it out, do you have any other "performance" parts?
Coilovers, stronger clutch, sideskirts etc?

nope-mx3
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

You can get a KF-ZE 2.0L V6 for $500+shipping at most Japanese engine importers. I believe there's one in Quebec that'll include the KFZE computer for $550.

Wait a sec......................

Here:

http://www.naganojapanese.com/shop_online_mazda.html

Thier HP ratings are way off on that page, though. The KFZE will be more like 160-170HP.

<small>[ July 10, 2004, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: lakersfan1 ]</small>
hqpc

Post by hqpc »

SO that motor bolts right in? No problems like the KLZE manifold space crap? Damn there's a 2.5 KLZE for under $1,000. That can't be the much famed motor that all the MX-3 heads are always talking about. Are they brand new rebuilds? With zero miles? Seems to good to be true
xXdaveXx

Post by xXdaveXx »

wow those engines are very cheap.. wonder why :shrug: but sill :2thumbsup:
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Originally posted by hqpc:
SO that motor bolts right in? No problems like the KLZE manifold space crap? Damn there's a 2.5 KLZE for under $1,000. That can't be the much famed motor that all the MX-3 heads are always talking about. Are they brand new rebuilds? With zero miles? Seems to good to be true
Hell no they're not rebuilds. Almost every place you go for Jap spec engines, you can expect the engine will typically have less than 50K miles on them. And getting a KLZE for a tick under a grand is not uncommon. KFZE's are pretty much always $500 anywhere I've ever seen them, except like Corksport which rapes you for everything. But the KF-ZE's are hard for them to move since they're not upgrades for Probe, MX-6, 626, or Millenias. They're only upgrades for the MX-3, and there seem to be much less MX-3 owners than the rest of the Mazda cars.

Questions on the KF-ZE swap can be answered here:
http://www.mx-3.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=004433#000000
hqpc

Post by hqpc »

I really wanna thank all of you guys for your help!! I feel a hell of alot better about it then i did yesterday at this time!! Thanx again folks!!
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

or just track ya down a low miles 2.5L from a probe
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Originally posted by papa roached:
or just track ya down a low miles 2.5L from a probe
Those are pretty cheap too. Usually around $300-$500. Only problem is finding a low milage one since Americans can rack up 100K miles in no time. And you don't have to limit your search to the 2.5 from a Probe. It can be from a 626, Millenia, or a MX-6. But milage will still likely be higher than any Jap spec import. As long as your state emissions doesn't text NoX and just Co and HC, then a Jap spec would be the way to go, IMO.
RaisrEtte

Post by RaisrEtte »

PM sent.

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”