Mx-west meet for 2013

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Mx-west meet for 2013

Post by Dali »

Well just wondering on what people are thinking for meeting up next summer. A place and time to start off. This years meet kind of fell to the side with some members having important events in their life as well as having no one planning the event. So taking ideas on it, chuck out ideas and we will go from there. Would like to see this get back to the mx-3 car club roots.
1993 White gs klze.
RobMinhas
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Mx-west meet for 2013

Post by RobMinhas »

Factoring in where everyones from and how many of us there are in calgary, a decent half way point seems to be in the Canmore/Banff area.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

I'll be up at Christina lake again in august...
Dali
Supporting Member

Post by Dali »

Pretty much all the Alberta people want to keep going to Kelowna and it's about a halfway point for the members that go. The people from Alberta, Washington and us in BC. I was looking into trying to find a place to rent that has room for all the vehicles and tents. More private for the members, no one around to bug with noise etc.
1993 White gs klze.
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

Dali wrote:Pretty much all the Alberta people want to keep going to Kelowna and it's about a halfway point for the members that go. The people from Alberta, Washington and us in BC. I was looking into trying to find a place to rent that has room for all the vehicles and tents. More private for the members, no one around to bug with noise etc.
Where I camp at Cascade Cove, just outside of Christina lake the owners there are pretty open... I have been camping there with a group of friends once a year for the past 9 - 10 years now and we have never had any serious problems... If you guys are up for a change I can help out..

Cascade Cove and Christina lake are super nice... Its the warmest lake in BC, in the middle of some of the most fun mountain driving you can do...
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

I am down for warm lakes and mountain driving :D

I am good with Kelowna also. I looked into a house before and I remember one I looked at was not too terrible for a weekend. There is always a BnB too. I know that if we go to Kelowna I will have to make it an extended trip so the lady can do some wine taste testing.
rece

Post by rece »

well, you all know the J-Team is in.
Jesse<BR>red 92 gs
wyldside
Supporting Member

Post by wyldside »

Well, I am always good with Kelowna. I have never really been to Christina Lake before, only just drove past the area. The only reason I keep leaning towards Kelowna is just because it is familiar, I have some family there, weather is nice and hot 90% of the time, lots of nearby amenities (food, supplies, shopping, and activities), can't complain about the eye-candy, and I need to visit some wineries and stock up on a few bottles each year. Obviously I won't have Tracy along anymore so things should be a little more relaxed for me.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:
Dali
Supporting Member

Post by Dali »

There has been talk about this on the mxwest site on facebook as well. We are pretty much thinking of Kelowna again and probably shoot for the end of july or begining on august. We need to set a date and book some camp sites or find a private rental. I was looking for a beach house with enough room for our parking. We don't have to worry so much about being spread all over and noise. I have been looking but have not really found anything yet.
1993 White gs klze.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

If I have time off of school and the funds I would like to go. I think this one is going to be a BIG gathering.......

Worth the drive. I have never been to canada. I could bring the fam :mrgreen:
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

James if Tracy is not going then Audrey will probably not go either, in turn would make for some much more spirited driving :) If we all want to do Kelowna again I am down. I can look around see if I can find a rental house or something. Last time I checked a few years back I found a house that would sleep 9 and was like 600 or 700 for a 3 day weekend.
wyldside
Supporting Member

Post by wyldside »

Yeah sorry Josh. Not sure how many people know, but Tracy and I have separated. So yeah, that's what is going on there.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

Dali
Supporting Member

Post by Dali »

Hey, sorry to hear that James. I was wondering about your post, hope you're doing good.
1993 White gs klze.
wyldside
Supporting Member

Post by wyldside »

I'm doing okay. Challenging at times, but ok.
Anyways, I was scoping out the Christina Lake area and It seems there may be a bigger preference to Kelowna depending how many MX-3 actually come. I don't know the exact location in mind, but for just camping, lodging, and water activities Christina Lake looks good. But for the car side of things, Kelowna would be a bit friendlier as far as smooth, fast, twisty roads and larger mix of activities for everyone. Aside from the main Crowsnest highway running by, the Christina Lake seems to have mostly straight low speed residential, but I guess it's a compromise. Anyways, just my 2 cents.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

This is the place I suggested for camping up at Christina Lake...

http://www.christinalake.com/cascadecove/

I have been camping there for a number of years now with a group of old car club friends.. They have a large grass field for group camping that could fit around 30 - 40 people.. Other wise they have another area down closer to the beach thats a little more secluded that could fit 10 - 15 people...

So long as people are responsible adults, turn the music down at night, stop yelling shouting kind thing noise has never been an issue...

The camp ground is also very much lowered car/body kit friendly... the road into the camp ground is paved.. the roads around the camp ground are gravel but well taken care of...

I forget what prices were, but I can find out in the next couple of weeks when I call them to start setting up my yearly trip in august...

The one big down fall is the bathrooms/shower.. The group sites are a 3 - 4 min walk away... They had been talking last year about putting up new bathrooms closer, but that all depended on how this winter went for them...

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”