Suggestion for new Forum: Book reviews

This forum is for your (the user and visitors of MX-3.com) opinion, recommendations and issues about MX-3.com.
OROutdoors
Supporting Member

Suggestion for new Forum: Book reviews

Post by OROutdoors »

Not for Book-of-the-Month club; for technical automotive (and related) books. The forum could be run similar to the Buyers and Seller forum in which each book being reviewed would get it's own thread, and then people would post their reviews, responses errata corrections on that thread. Oh, and start each thread with a poll on the book. The reason I came up with this is that I was browsing Amazon for books on cylinder head air flow. There are some reviews there about each book.

Some reviews say that such and such book is great, and other reviews say it is crud. And both are written by people who say they are knowledgable on the topic. Here's the key, if I knew the authors of the reviews, I could gauge the accuracy of review of the book, and thereby know if the book is good or not. Here on this board, if I see a book review, and I know that the author knows his stuff, then I'd be likely to take their recommendation. However, if I know the author to be a person who couldn't think his way out of a room with open doors, well, then I might be less inclined to give credance to his reviews.

Anyway, I eventually decided on 5 books I'm going to buy. I hope none of them really suck.
Oregon Outdoors
92 mx-3 GS lowered, CF hood
2013 Mazdaspeed3
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Re: Suggestion for new Forum: Book reviews

Post by MrMazda92 »

Kinda like the idea.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc

Return to “MX-3.com Site and Forum Recommendations and Issues”