kulluminati777 - 1993 マツダスピード MX-3 You will be missed

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: kulluminati777- Operation KLZE

Post by kulluminati777 »

This is what the template looks like completely cut. Since the wheel is off I may just go take pics of it on tomorrow when the sun comes up

View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Ok so it turns out like a dummy I forgot to check the measurement of the template after I printed it. It was a tad bit small. whoops :confused2:

I reprinted it and cut it out ALL the way so Ceika can know if my wheel spokes hit the caliper.... :crying: ...it does

These are going to be HUGE calipers :shock:

Anyway I have 25mm wheels spacers so the brakes will still fit my application. If any one else was that dedicaced to the 15" look as I am they will need spacers to fit these brakes as well. Most people run 16+ on MX3's so im sure most wont have a problem.

kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

The day of the KLZE is almost upon us.....

WagZE got a few things done to the engine before we get it in. Cleaned the crap out of the outside so its "blingin". The normal water pump/timing belt replacement. I have found out there is a few tiny little things I need like a egr block off plate from king6, exhaust gaskets, and ZE type spark plugs and I decided against putting on the UD pulley. I was reading around and unless your serious about 1 or 2 Hp its a long term hassle I.E. alternators going bad sooner, and somewhere I read the guy had a really hard time getting the UD pulley off after a few years and said he wasn't the first........... Ill also go to the DMV tomorrow and get some temp tags so I can get rid off these shipping plates I have been driving around on....

Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Looking forward to this!
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Fidanza Flywheel on :mrgreen:

Now time for the ACT 6 Puck clutch.......

kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

I was going to fill the stock mounts since I had no luck with finding mazdaspeed mounts but got a pretty good deal on a AWR front mount and a King6 passenger side mount. I ordered a AWR rear online from another company not on the AWR site. I couldnt find MX3 items on there at all. I think another manufacturer of parts has called it quits. It kind of sucks having NO aftermarket support but whatever life goes on :(

I was hesitant to get the AWR set up because I didnt want every engine vibration transferred into the cabin. This is me and my wifes everyday mobile not a pure track car. I hope its not too bad. I mean I can stand it but who knows about the mrs......if i dont say anything I dont think she will notice anyway.

So im still waiting on my AWR rear mount to arrive here and my king6 EGR plate arrive in washington. As soon as that happens im off to see the wizard for a new heart.

Also got some MSD wires and O2 sensors because mine are going bad

RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

I didn't want to fill lmy mounts because its my DD as well but I think I'm gonna try the ol' fill and drill hole method I"ve heard of.

What's the time frame on the ZE?
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

RobMinhas wrote:I didn't want to fill lmy mounts because its my DD as well but I think I'm gonna try the ol' fill and drill hole method I"ve heard of.

What's the time frame on the ZE?
yeah I heard the drill through softens them up a tad but there still solid.

Man I am just waiting on the United states postal service to deliver a few last minute "oops i forgot items" like the exhaust manifold gaskets, the rear awr mount and my EGR plate. So i should be making the trip next week maybe Thursday/Friday time. I can wait. I think about it 24/7 lol
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

You know there's different hardnesses of polyeurethane for filling your mounts...
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:You know there's different hardnesses of polyeurethane for filling your mounts...
I figured as much, can you hit me with some knowledge or a link on the varying hardness's?
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:You know there's different hardnesses of polyeurethane for filling your mounts...

Ah damn I wish I knew before hand. I already have mounts I bought :crying:
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

RobMinhas wrote:
I figured as much, can you hit me with some knowledge or a link on the varying hardness's?
Best person to talk to would be WytBishop since he has varying hardnesses for his bushings. The 1L McMaster kit (which is just enough to fill all the mounts) was only 88 I believe.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
mx3matt

Post by mx3matt »

88 duro is plenty stiff enough.
AaronTietje
antispam: No

Post by AaronTietje »

Great progress. When are you hoping to start it up?
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

AaronTietje wrote:Great progress. When are you hoping to start it up?

Im doing the swap in washington so I plan on driving up there this friday and doing the swap saturday i cant wait!!!

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”