98 2.5 millenia at pick a part chilliwack

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
BornSticky

Post by BornSticky »

missing vris on one side (sorry needed it) and disty 109,000 km's on it
92 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE Curve Neck, Probinator ECU, Full 2.5" exhaust with headers, cai, performance radiator, millenia alternator, 5spd, excedy stage 2 clutch, MTX 12" sub sony explod D series 600w amp, pioneer 260w deck, kyb on dropzone springs, HEI mod.
92 Mazda RX-7 (efini) FD3S urethane motor mount, Air intake, 18" Chrome rims besides that stock. SOLD!
93 Mazda MX-3 GS laguna blue full exhaust, cai, kyb shocks R.I.P. stupid jeep driver!
#5389 to join MX-3.com
Nd4SpdSe

Re: 98 2.5 millenia at pick a part chilliwack

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Is the car actually damanged? Odd if it would have a blown engine unless it never had an oil change in 109'000kms on it
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
sinix3
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by sinix3 »

do you know if its still there. i could really use the intake
92 mx3 gs klze swap.
"nitrous is like a hot chick with an std you know you want to hit it but your afraid of the consequences"
BornSticky

Post by BornSticky »

its still there but not sure what is left on it
92 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE Curve Neck, Probinator ECU, Full 2.5" exhaust with headers, cai, performance radiator, millenia alternator, 5spd, excedy stage 2 clutch, MTX 12" sub sony explod D series 600w amp, pioneer 260w deck, kyb on dropzone springs, HEI mod.
92 Mazda RX-7 (efini) FD3S urethane motor mount, Air intake, 18" Chrome rims besides that stock. SOLD!
93 Mazda MX-3 GS laguna blue full exhaust, cai, kyb shocks R.I.P. stupid jeep driver!
#5389 to join MX-3.com
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Thats funny I was just at the Arlington PicknPull and there was a 96' milly there and had just over 100kms and no visible damage. Was going to pull the IM but not many need them anymore.

Anyone on here live in Kelowna? there are like 8 mx-3's in the yard up there from 92-96' there would be many things I would pull. Its an 8 hour drive for me so..
sinix3

Post by sinix3 »

i really need the im of that millenia. looks like ill be going out to pick a part again in the next little while. fun fun
92 mx3 gs klze swap.
"nitrous is like a hot chick with an std you know you want to hit it but your afraid of the consequences"
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

Josh wrote:Thats funny I was just at the Arlington PicknPull and there was a 96' milly there and had just over 100kms and no visible damage. Was going to pull the IM but not many need them anymore.

Anyone on here live in Kelowna? there are like 8 mx-3's in the yard up there from 92-96' there would be many things I would pull. Its an 8 hour drive for me so..
If you need to place to crash on the way up let me know.. Its about a 3 hour drive from here... If it was summer time I would go up just for the hell of it.. haha.. but getting up there at this time of year can be a little tricky at times..
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

I really really want to, thank you for the offer I will let you know if I decide to go up. here in Wa there has been only 2 or 3 mx3s in the yards and Wagze usually picks them clean before anyone else gets to them.
sinix3

Post by sinix3 »

well i went and took that intake. i just need to know what the vris points look like so i can get new ones.. or if there is another intake that they can be swapped from.
92 mx3 gs klze swap.
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

sinix3 wrote:well i went and took that intake. i just need to know what the vris points look like so i can get new ones.. or if there is another intake that they can be swapped from.
The VIRS timing is set by the computer... The VIRS valves are built into the manifold... If you get the manifold you just swap it over, there isn't anything new you need..
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

sinix3 wrote:just need to know what the vris points look like so i can get new ones
Be careful, cause if you're not looking, they're sharp and cut pretty good.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

On a more serious note, VRIS, Variable Resonance Induction System, is a pair of valves inside the intake manifold that are controlled with vacuum solenoids attached just next to the valves, on the outside of the intake manifold. The vacuum solenoids are controlled by the ECU. The valves change the path of the flow of air inside the intake manifold. The longer the path, the more torque down low, the shorter the path, the more horsepower up high.

The ECU triggers the electric valve solenoid. When that's triggered, that opens the flow of vacuum to the vacuum solenoid. The vacuum solenoid pulls the linkage, which opens the valve inside the intake manifold. Get it, got it, good.

VRIS points are points, or triggers, in the RPM range when the valves are opened and closed. An example would be for the curved-neck IM:
3750 RPM - VRIS #1 opens.
4250 RPM - VRIS #2 opens.
6250 ROM - VRIS #1 & 2 closes.

If you think of the RPM range of the motor as a line on a graph going from 0 to 7000, the triggers for the VRIS would be points on that graph. ECU's have these points, or triggers, pre-programmed into them, but they're for the specific intake manifold that they're designed for. With every different intake manifold designed, the "point" on the graph are moved to trigger the airflow patterns that are optimal for each intake manifold. The perfect example is the the KL31 ECU that's commonly used for a KLZE; that ECU is designed for the straight-neck intake manifold, but in the Mx-3, we tend to use the curved-neck for each of installation (and to clear the master cylinder), so the points don't match between what's programmed in the ECU, and what is optimal for airflow of the intake manifold.
sinix3

Post by sinix3 »

thank you but what i ment was the vacuum things lol like the pieces that open the valves in the intake
92 mx3 gs klze swap.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

The solenoid that control the vacuum flow and turn on and off to control the opening and closing of the valves?

They're the same through all the k-series
sinix3

Post by sinix3 »

no the valve part that actually opens the valve in the intake. but i figured it out anyways
92 mx3 gs klze swap.

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”