New Distributor

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
petiec

New Distributor

Post by petiec »

Just got a distribbutor for my 95 4cyl. Just wondering if anyone knows if you can install it inproperly, meaning the little butterfy thing that goes in the engine. Is it possible that you can turn it 180 degress and it will still go in and run? My old dist. was some where in the middle when the timming was done, now with the new one its more adjusted to one side for the timining marks to be aligned.
wednesdayslatest
antispam: No

Re: New Distributor

Post by wednesdayslatest »

the disty only plugs in one way and when it in and you got the bolts in place you can adjust its spark by aligning it clockwise/counterclockwise then tighten the bolt so it stays but fitting it into place there is only one way i should know i replaced my headgasket twice and the last time someone showed me how to adjust it for more spark/power
03 Dodge Neon (rental i had for a month but i ran that into the ground for sure)
95 Chrysler Concorde (Junked my first car [still ran])
90 Nissan Stanza (Junked [wouldnt start one day])
89 Saab 9000 CD (sedan/turbo very fun but electrical problems[city towed away for no plates on private property])
94 Toyota Camry (mothers old car fixed it then broke it[dont ask] Junked)
93 MX-3 RS (My project for 3 years so far)
97 Honda Civshit (Beater/Stereotypical POS Honda im fixing)
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

wednesdayslatest wrote:the disty only plugs in one way and when it in and you got the bolts in place you can adjust its spark by aligning it clockwise/counterclockwise then tighten the bolt so it stays but fitting it into place there is only one way i should know i replaced my headgasket twice and the last time someone showed me how to adjust it for more spark/power
WTF???????
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
wednesdayslatest

Post by wednesdayslatest »

im not sure about the 95 but my 93 the little butterfly thing that goes into the engine head you cant put it in wrong its made a certain way one side is bigger then the other ive never had a problem but then again there are other kinds of distributors im going to take mine out tomorrow ill thro a picture or two on here
03 Dodge Neon (rental i had for a month but i ran that into the ground for sure)
95 Chrysler Concorde (Junked my first car [still ran])
90 Nissan Stanza (Junked [wouldnt start one day])
89 Saab 9000 CD (sedan/turbo very fun but electrical problems[city towed away for no plates on private property])
94 Toyota Camry (mothers old car fixed it then broke it[dont ask] Junked)
93 MX-3 RS (My project for 3 years so far)
97 Honda Civshit (Beater/Stereotypical POS Honda im fixing)
mazdaspeed23

Post by mazdaspeed23 »

as far as I know it only goes in one way, but when you change a disty you have to do your timing (with a timing gun) the engine in DIA mode (ten/grd). before doing dia do your idle then dia an do timing. I could be wrong, but I just went through this, and this is exactly what I had to do
Own
1994 MX-3 GS swapped ZE
1994 MX-3 GS Swapped ZE (Gone)
1996 Dodge Dakota Sport v8 Magnum
2007 Ford Fusion SE

WORK LOG: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=81232

My MX-3 is nothing without me, and i am nothing without my MX-3

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”