fowljesse's GS/SE DE/ZE ;)

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: fowljesse's GS/SE DE/ZE ;)

Post by fowljesse »

I fixed the idle vibration issue by raising it up to 600rpm, from 400rpm. It's nice and smooth now. I'll get .002mpg less, but I suppose I'll live with it :wink:
Also, I got about 26mpg mixed HWY/ street driving with the power tune, and used to get about 29 MPG mixed with the Eco tune. I should get somewhere in the middle now, although, I'm being more thorough about the tune in general.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Dragon1212
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Dragon1212 »

fowljesse wrote:

Is that a cat, a resonator then a long a-- pipe? Or a cat a muffler and a long a-- pipe? Though side exhaust looks sexy why not just cut pipe off?
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
First Car, And My baby... $550 To buy and repair from Write-off... The radio and amp that was in it was worth more than that!!!.
Hunting For a Supra MKIV, but I'll never get one. Still Hunting.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

fowljesse wrote:This was my "Round tuit" to put on the underdrive pulley that I got several years ago. There are a couple things that one needs to know when installing one;
When dremelling down the lip that the UDP rubs, you need to grind it all the way down to the ribs that run perpendicular to it.
It is easier to cut it off than grind it off. Mooneggs will add pictures that will show what I mean. I feel good about the mod, and recommend it to someone who isn't looking for a great improvement, or an early mod for a mostly stock car, especially lower HP car. I have a good stereo, but it doesn't take a lot of amps, so there won't be any charging problems. Also, it doesn't seem to affect the water pump.
Apologies for the delay! Here are the pics for the modifications needed to the UDP:

kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

is that back plate needed for all pulleys? My obx pulley doesnt have one.... :confused2:
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

Yes, you would need a plate like that because it's counting the teeth on the plate.
This is done by your crankshaft sensor and sends it to the ecu.
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

kulluminati777 wrote:is that back plate needed for all pulleys? My obx pulley doesnt have one.... :confused2:
Your motor will run with out that back plate, but you loose out on higher end power.. You'll also have a less stable idle..
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

crazycanadian wrote:
kulluminati777 wrote:is that back plate needed for all pulleys? My obx pulley doesnt have one.... :confused2:
Your motor will run with out that back plate, but you loose out on higher end power.. You'll also have a less stable idle..
Really ?? I always thought it needed that info to run normally.
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Interesting. Thanks, Mark, for putting up the pics.. eventually!
Dragon, It is a cat, and a Flowmaster Hushpower muffler. I'm not sure what you were asking about cutting off.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

WhiteFinish wrote:
crazycanadian wrote:
Really ?? I always thought it needed that info to run normally.
No.. The PCM uses it for high rpm (3500 -4000 and up) spark timing, and idle stability... The crank sensor in the distributor is the main input for spark control.. I played around with it a fair bit when I was having issues with my old DE..
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

My car now hath a lithp. Someone hit it while it was parked, and broke off the passengers corner of the lip. I wish I could catch someone doing something like this. Well, maybe not, because I would end up in jail. I've called on a few parking lot hit and runs. Well, now I'm going to do the bumper alteration that I've been thinking about. It will be purely for aerodynamics, and will look mostly like the Euro bumper without fog light holes.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Damn, I'm sorry to hear that Jesse! :(

For what it's worth, actually witnessing it is both frustrating and rewarding. On one occasion, I broke the passenger's side mirror off of a Civic, after the driver tagged my car, looked right at me, sneered, and drove away. One street over I stopped next to him at a red light, and beautified his car. That's how I got the scrapes on the rear left bumper, that also cracked my side marker... :evil:

I was especially heated, after having my Mountaineer tagged twice in one week, at my old apartments. Once again, by a Civic... I didn't have the chance to follow this one though, unfortunately.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

fowljesse wrote:My car now hath a lithp. Someone hit it while it was parked, and broke off the passengers corner of the lip. I wish I could catch someone doing something like this. Well, maybe not, because I would end up in jail. I've called on a few parking lot hit and runs. Well, now I'm going to do the bumper alteration that I've been thinking about. It will be purely for aerodynamics, and will look mostly like the Euro bumper without fog light holes.
That sucks man sorry, I am in the same boat with you on that. the plus side the Euro bumper has a factory screen mesh for fronts without lights!
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

jesse you still around these days? Need some new hyper mile updates
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”