Tavman's - 93 White BPT

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Tavman_1213
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Tavman's - 93 White MX3 BPT Update October 26th

Post by Tavman_1213 »

Finished up with my engine bay for now, put the heat shields on and put my coolant res back in. I will paint the piping when winter is fully here. Or might get them powder coated if my financal adviser(wifey) if i can. Also found out what the extra plug near my MAF is for. Its for the stock boost controller. I actually found the stock boost controller for the engine in a box of random stuff the previous owner gave me when I picked up the car.
93 White RS- BPT Built not bought!!
Worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=78988
Evo_Spec

Re: Tavman's - 93 White BPT Update October 29th

Post by Evo_Spec »

so that's what the plug is for! i was wondering what the hell that plug was for too
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

What a great score!
ethand

Post by ethand »

Awesome! Bro, that engine bay looks so so sweet - especially love what you did to the head cover! :)
Is the road-drivability getting close now? :D Looks pretty road ready... :)
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

Unfortunately it's not drive able cause of electrical issues! Not getting the right voltage to sensors is making it run like crap!! Ty only cool thing is it sounds like a STI when it's not running properly hahaha. It also needs an exhaust, alignment, inspection an appraisal(for insurance). But I need to get it running properly before any of the other stuff matters! Plus with winter just around the corner I am going to take my time to have it ready for spring! Then I will be problem free and be able to drive and enjoy it properly(drive the s--- out of it!!).
Tavman_1213

Re: Tavman's - 93 White BPT Update January 2nd

Post by Tavman_1213 »

So haven't worked on the car for a while with the holidays and baby on the way. Had some free time today and Mil<e came over today an helped out. Put his disty on an the car wouldn't fire. Check the plugs an walla they were pouched!!!! So went to Crappy Tire an grab some new ones....... it fired up an ran like a dream!!

Also figured out why my charge light and my e-brake light would stay one but just dim. It wasnt a grounding issue it was my LEDs that i put in the spot of regular bulbs!!!!! So each one of those in the cluster get a small voltage an with LEDs being very sensative to voltage they would stay on dimly!! Put regular bulbs back in an tada they work like they should.

Since we figured out the problems my wife says I can now get my intercooler pipes powder coated, was going to go matte black but with my BOV being silver thought that would look kinda gay so I cam going to do a silver like my BOV.

So the only things left for the car is to:
- Powder coat pipes
- Get a new cluster because the old one doesn't like the new red dials(easier to replace with a stock one)
- Flush my coolant an install new rad hoses
- Figure out which muffler I want to use an get it installed(can't use a magnaflow because of my rear bumper, have to go with a can of some sort any suggestions on which one)
- Paint an mount front bumper
- Alignment
- Appraisal for insurance
Thats all I can thing of..... well plus a good wash an waxing. But I want to know of a good muffler, I am not a big fan of cans an know nothing about them so I would like to know which ones are good an don't sound to load an annoying.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Nice to hear that you found the problem!

As for the muffler, would your bumper be able to accommodate a twin loop muffler? I've got a couple friends with them and they sound pretty good, quite low end and louder as it goes up.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

No my bumper can fit a twin loop!! Plus twin loops not my thing.... I am having a hard time coming to the relization that I can't put a magnaflow an have to go with a 4" round muffler!! Just because of my bumper!! I was thinking DC, APEXi or Megan N1 but gain I don't know anything about those an which sound better!
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

RobMinhas wrote:Nice to hear that you found the problem!

As for the muffler, would your bumper be able to accommodate a twin loop muffler? I've got a couple friends with them and they sound pretty good, quite low end and louder as it goes up.
I had a OBX twin loop on my K8 MX3 and it sounded......TERRIBLE.....I might as well of been driving around with no muffler at all, plus it looked a little dumb from the back. In my personal opinion I would try and find a mazdaspeed muffler. They sound great a little and louder then stock but not enough to get a ticket or sound "ricerish". If your looking for the most power the loud ones are your only friend. I had a magneflow on my KL MX6 and its was nice and deep but still loud.....

With the mazdaspeed back box you will lose 1 or 2 Hp maybe but the sound is really nice.
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

I am with you on the twin loop!! Unfortunately I would not be able to fit the Mazda speed muffler because we're the cut out of my muffler is is right up against the heat shield on the passanger side. On the other side is where the bumper comes under the car an attaches to the bottom of my spare tire holder!!
I don't mind if it alittle loud but I don't want something that has a shity sound to it like some cheap muffler!! If its to loud I will put a resonator in.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Im speaking from a KL view but the magneflow muffler sounds good for your setup then im not sure how it sounds on a BPT :mrgreen:
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

kulluminati777 wrote:Im speaking from a KL view but the magneflow muffler sounds good for your setup then im not sure how it sounds on a BPT :mrgreen:
It's not a matter of it not sounding good but rather it won't fit because of the bumper.

I like my Skunk 2, not sure how it'll sound with different size piping.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

I have seen several magnaflows on mx3's what series are you trying to run?
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

I can only use the street series round because no oval muffler will fit my bumper but they are only 2 1/4" I am running 2 1/2"!
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

What rear bumper are you running? you could go with just a standard magnaflow and then find a different tip!?

I was not even running a muffler with my BP, the turbo keeps it so quiet I just have a corkscrew style resonator.

Edit: I looked back the FX designs. If I were you I would look to put in a muffler further back like where the resonator would go and then straight pipe to the tip. You can get little 12" straight through cherry bomb style or turbo II style mufflers that should be workable in the OE location but you would need to fit your own tip is the only downside.

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”