Quick suspension q

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
BornSticky

Quick suspension q

Post by BornSticky »

So I'm lowering my car and using kyb gr2 and drop zone springs. Took the front out and when putting the new spring on the coil ends on the oposite side of the original. I put the spring mout the same direction as it came off but it did seam to sit on the spring a lot better 180 degrees around. Would that mess up my camber badly? Or does it matter?
92 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE Curve Neck, Probinator ECU, Full 2.5" exhaust with headers, cai, performance radiator, millenia alternator, 5spd, excedy stage 2 clutch, MTX 12" sub sony explod D series 600w amp, pioneer 260w deck, kyb on dropzone springs, HEI mod.
92 Mazda RX-7 (efini) FD3S urethane motor mount, Air intake, 18" Chrome rims besides that stock. SOLD!
93 Mazda MX-3 GS laguna blue full exhaust, cai, kyb shocks R.I.P. stupid jeep driver!
#5389 to join MX-3.com
wytbishop

Re: Quick suspension q

Post by wytbishop »

You should post a picture of that. I"m having trouble visualizing.

As for the camber, the shock mount and upper spring perch should move independantly of each other. The orientation of the spring perch should not affect camber but if the spring doesn't sit in the perch properly there could be trouble with proper operation of the shock/spring as a unit.

Move the perch to the position it sits together best and then once everything is tightened down you should be able to turn the shock mount back to the position it was in when you uninstalled the shock.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
BornSticky

Post by BornSticky »

The plate that physically touches the top of the spring
92 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE Curve Neck, Probinator ECU, Full 2.5" exhaust with headers, cai, performance radiator, millenia alternator, 5spd, excedy stage 2 clutch, MTX 12" sub sony explod D series 600w amp, pioneer 260w deck, kyb on dropzone springs, HEI mod.
92 Mazda RX-7 (efini) FD3S urethane motor mount, Air intake, 18" Chrome rims besides that stock. SOLD!
93 Mazda MX-3 GS laguna blue full exhaust, cai, kyb shocks R.I.P. stupid jeep driver!
#5389 to join MX-3.com
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

The plate that physically touches the spring is the perch. The part that bolts into the strut tower is the strut mount. They should turn independently. Get the spring and strut assembled and then you should be able to spin the mount to the original orientation before bolting it into the strut tower.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

Post pictures.. Or if you have another car you can drive the set up over to my place in cloverdale and I can make sure they are put together properly for you...

Something doesn't sound right and it all seems to complicated to explain over the interweb with out pictures..

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”