Old & New

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
SuperK
Supporting Member

Re: Old & New

Post by SuperK »

Why would I link it? You obviously don't own an MX-3 anymore so you must have a ton of free time, since there's nothing always demanding your attention breaking all the time, so the LEAST I could do is send you on a link hunt
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Perfect, cause I could use the challenges and the time fillers! Makes me look useful around here...
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
BornSticky

Post by BornSticky »

Even if u do get better Milage u have to run premium which it usually costs 15% more so 15% less economy anyways
92 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE Curve Neck, Probinator ECU, Full 2.5" exhaust with headers, cai, performance radiator, millenia alternator, 5spd, excedy stage 2 clutch, MTX 12" sub sony explod D series 600w amp, pioneer 260w deck, kyb on dropzone springs, HEI mod.
92 Mazda RX-7 (efini) FD3S urethane motor mount, Air intake, 18" Chrome rims besides that stock. SOLD!
93 Mazda MX-3 GS laguna blue full exhaust, cai, kyb shocks R.I.P. stupid jeep driver!
#5389 to join MX-3.com
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

BornSticky wrote:Even if u do get better Milage u have to run premium which it usually costs 15% more so 15% less economy anyways
If your turbo your car and you're that worried about fuel economy, your in the wrong hobby.

Here in Quebec, looking about a 7% difference. But regardless, that's the cost to play. I've never owned a car that took regular. Rx8 takes premium fuel and even the truck takes 91 because she's boosted.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
-+Shadow+-
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by -+Shadow+- »

Simply put, this debate is one hell of an eye opener... Especially considering I have a lead foot...
Now considering I'm on a highway for half an hour to work at a speed of 65 (when I'm doing it) that when I'm doing the actual speed limit alone, I'm pushing 3+k RPMs... to think about the difference it would make regardless of the price of premium... That's an impressive argument I wouldn't have thought about.

You guys really are amazing :D

And this is definitely an argument I could understand!
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Well depends. My ZE didn't like regular fuel, it burnt extremely quick, in the several years I had it, I could count the times I put in anything other than 91+ on one hand, I never bothered. I pretty much ran 94 religiously on her.

Theoritically there should be a performance difference between 87 and 91 because the ECU should run with retarded timing on less than 91 (many people nowadays say ZE's dont need high octane, so take this info as you wish), so the loss of timing would result in a loss of performance, and be less fuel efficient than running the "recommended" octane for the motor. It's not and shouldn't be as simple to say you're "losing 15% in economy because you're paying 15% more", but it probably wouldn't equal itself out

My truck costs me $90 to fill from drained with 91, and the difference I calculated if I did it with 87, would be just over $5. You guys can argue as you wish, but I'm not getting into a debate over less than $5. My ZE got way better mileage than my K8 did anyway (My best was around 350km on a tank, motor only had 109'000kms on her, 141 when I did the swap and had started to puff out some blue smoke indicating it was burning a bit of oil. My ZE was an easy 450, breaking 500 a few times) no matter how hard I drove her, redlining on a daily basis, so regardless of the cost back then, I still came out ahead, and it put a smile on my face every day, and that is itself it worth it. You tell me how much fun $5 gives you nowadays?
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

I don't get any fun for a fiver.

But what can you get fo' 10 dollar?

...Everything you want.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

That song's ridiculous, I play it on Xbox live when kids start arguing with eachother, usually drowns them out pretty well. :roll:

As for fuel economy, 450 Km is about 280 miles? I'd die... I get over 400 miles/tank(average), which is over 640 Km/tank.

I felt spoiled driving that Civic I was borrowing, since I saw over 40 MPG city without trying. Sadly, it had an 8 gallon tank -.- Made that economy feel pretty weak, simply because even a small hill would drop the float and show empty.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

when you're back into the mx-3, you're going to die. 400miles/tank won't happen.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
-+Shadow+-

Post by -+Shadow+- »

I've gotten 300 to a tank... I also drove like a grandmother and I ended up running out of gas to achieve this feat...
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

My best is 580km all of which was highway driving at 90km/h with a gutted mx3 and no passengers.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

450km to a tank is beating on her like a b1tch, I've gotten just over 500km, my (shitty aftermarket tanks) would bow out, giving me ~31L at the low fuel light. Devlin pretty much lived in his car, he said he could get 600km on his ZE.
BornSticky

Post by BornSticky »

680km's driving down to cali on regular with the k8
92 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE Curve Neck, Probinator ECU, Full 2.5" exhaust with headers, cai, performance radiator, millenia alternator, 5spd, excedy stage 2 clutch, MTX 12" sub sony explod D series 600w amp, pioneer 260w deck, kyb on dropzone springs, HEI mod.
92 Mazda RX-7 (efini) FD3S urethane motor mount, Air intake, 18" Chrome rims besides that stock. SOLD!
93 Mazda MX-3 GS laguna blue full exhaust, cai, kyb shocks R.I.P. stupid jeep driver!
#5389 to join MX-3.com

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”