Ethand's Eunos Presso 1.8 V6

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
JayoM
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Ethand's Eunos Presso 1.8 V6

Post by JayoM »

Best of luck on your travels, bud! Where ya going, if ya don't mind me asking?
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

good luck with everything bro! stay safe
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Good luck Ethan! Looking forward to your return man, you can still make plans while you're gone too! Build your budget up too ;)
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
DeadMaker

Post by DeadMaker »

ethand wrote:
Oh, and yeh, the previously mentioned (In the official rant thread) damage from some low life a week or so ago:
:evil: :crying: :evil:
Good luck in your journey..

Whenever you come back and have your car in your hands maybe you should try this method of repairing the dent..Who knows..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VDA8yIv ... re=related
Black Mazda Mx3 Rs 1997 B6DE
ethand

Post by ethand »

Thanks guys for all your well-wishing, Sorry for the delayed response - been crazy busy!
JayoM, I'm heading over to Milan to study for 12 months :)
MM92, the dream certainly hasn't died, and once I'm back & am not having to save up for another big trip (presumably!) I should be able to throw a little bit more money in the direction of old Zeke :) For now I'm just enjoying him as he is, and hoping he continues to behave for my dad while I'm gone!
Here are some recent pics. As you can see, nothing has changed except I have kinda removed the dent!! My dad & I took to it with a drain plunger & a hammer & managed to get it pretty good. The metal had stretched ever so slightly, but it's only really noticeable if you're looking for it. All these photos were taken from the previously dented side!
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

My envy of that red paint will never die! Why did we get a ghetto red in comparison?? :(
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
youdirtyfox

Post by youdirtyfox »

Real nice pics Bro cars lookin great!
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

cool cool im digging the update letting us know your still alive and the car is well
ethand

Post by ethand »

Haha I know, MM92 - I think this colour was a Japan-only colour. I only know of one other one in Australia that is this colour, and it is also a Jap imported Presso. Incidentally, it's in my city somewhere, but I've only ever seen a pic of it on a local classifieds website...
And thanks for the kind comments guys! I'll always try to jump on at least every few months to let you know that me & the car are both intact! Haha :)
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Lucky man!
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
ethand

Post by ethand »

A few months back I resprayed the rear view mirrors... black, of course! They were pretty sun-damaged & made the car look quite old, so I thought a nice glossy coat of paint would help. I figured I had no chance of colour matching, so would see how it looked in black. I'm pretty happy with how it came out - finish is really good, and I reckon the black looks nice!
I took these photos out near my folk's place in the Aussie bush, about an hour and a half out of the 'city' a couple of weeks back (just took a while to get them up here!!)

I don't begrudge my parents for moving that far out of the city - the roads out there are fantastic drivers roads - mostly around 90-110km/h roads, quite narrow, winding & hilly - just fantastic fun to drive! I tried to capture it in this pic, but failed. There was a heavy storm just ahead of me, beautiful trees lining the road & it was just an amazing panorama... but hey, I still kinda like this pic! Haha
JayoM

Post by JayoM »

She's looking great, Ethan. I like the idea for the mirrors, mine are stone chipped to hell so I might follow your lead on that one.

Were the colour of your dials red originally?
ethand

Post by ethand »

Thanks, mate. Yeah, I'm stoked with how they turned out, should look sweet on your car, too.. :mrgreen:
Nah, my dials were white/green backlight, but it's just my backlighting that is red in this pic... I used to have red wedge bulbs in there which I bought off ebay, but they weren't bright enough. I've now just popped red bulb sleeves on there & its perfect. They look a bit redder than that in real life, and in the original pic, but the pic seemed to lose colour strength when I uploaded it... :?: :roll:
ethand

Post by ethand »

So today a guy sped up & changed lanes in front of me, about 50m in front of a set of lights. We were both turning left & had the green light, but he got confused with the road layout or something & jammed on his brakes. I hadn't slowed down enough to give a big enough gap for that (it was raining), so went up the rear end, thankfully only about 20km/h or less... Because it was me who ran into him, it is my 'fault', so I'm having to fork out for the repairs to his car (insurance company wants $1200, because I'm under 25). And I leave the country in 2 weeks. Timing is a b----. :roll: :oops:
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Oh man i hate to bring it to light but u have the worst luck with this car lol

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”