I'm at it again with the swap

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
newdriver92
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

I'm at it again with the swap

Post by newdriver92 »

so if im swaping in a 95 kl-ze into a 92 gs what all do i need? Cause I'm getting the whole parts car not just the engine.
worklog viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77147
other pics of the adventures me and the car have been on http://s1082.photobucket.com/home/newdriver92/index
SuperK
Supporting Member

Re: I'm at it again with the swap

Post by SuperK »

you need the engine. read the V6 FAQ.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
newdriver92

Post by newdriver92 »

yess lol i know. but the engine im getting is not the same year as my car and was wondering what is all needed
other pics of the adventures me and the car have been on http://s1082.photobucket.com/home/newdriver92/index
Redline322

Post by Redline322 »

You are going to need to swap for the 2 coolant sensors, either tap a new hole or swap over from your k8. Since it's a 95, chances are it's obd2, meaning you might have to swap over some of your k8 sensors that are different and find an obd1 ecu. The best thing to do is look at both engines and figure out what is the same and different before you drop it in because most sensors will be alot easier to swap while the engine is out of the car. Most issues will be covered in the v6 FAQ, so take your time and read through that so you know what to look for and what to expect.
93 323 Bp'd, Front and rear strut braces, Mx-3 seats, JDM headlights and grill SOLD
93 Mx-3 GS Curved-Neck KLZE, 5 speed Conversion, Fidanza Flywheel, Cross Drilled Rotors
newdriver92

Post by newdriver92 »

ok thank u
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

This has been covered a zillion times. No such thing as OBD1 or 2 ZE's but the coolant sensor thing is true. Simple drill and tap the coolant neck careful not to let the drillings go down into the engine. All sensors except possibly the O2 sensors are the same. Read Colemans FAQ on swapping and then read more. http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=34783 Do your homework don't be lazy and I'm sure someone here with no life or cable TV will have the time to help answer your questions. Good Luck.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Daninski wrote: Do your homework don't be lazy and I'm sure someone here with no life or cable TV will have the time to help answer your questions. Good Luck.
Says the person who helped him.

So Daninski, How's life? Hahaha!
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

I'm not working over time if that's what you mean and I still haven't received that bloody Inverter. Talk about slow anyway, how's your build coming along. :wink:
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”