matts 94 mx-3 gs build. MOARRRRR GOODIES

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
mx3matt
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: matts 94 mx-3 gs build. MOARRRRR GOODIES

Post by mx3matt »

i cant sleep...rough night.

so i picked up a power tower and modded a new cap, came home tonight and with a flaslight managed to get everything rough wired. cranked it and got spark :) it fired right up!

so i decided for tonight to was test drive and all that, my dad was bored so he was keeping me company while i was wiring he told me he felt tired and he was gonna call it a night. about 15 minutes later was when i was ready to do the first test i heard my dad call out for my mom in a weird tone, got in the car cranked and it fired, then heard my mom yelling for me. ran inside and my dad was laying on the stairs weezing coughing and moaning. he managed to get out that his arms were numb and he couldnt breath and his chest was tight. i went into survival mode and called 911 and proceding to fireman carry him into the living room and put him on the couch. ambulance arrived and we all headed to the hospital.

we still arent sure whats going on waiting for test results to come back and he's being kept at the hospital until further notice but what a f---ing night. i just couldnt sleep and had to to vent somewhere.

that was at roughly 11p.m and i got home and couldnt sleep so i put everything back together and went for a drive, now i'm sitting here and just felt like writing
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

oh man dude im glad u got everything wired up and running, i hope your dad is ok. :(

Was it a heart attack?
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
mx3matt

Post by mx3matt »

he had a very mild heart attack, but the doc says it was triggered by something else.
they tried a few different meds and surprisingly the only thing that helped was ulcer medication(wtfbbq>><>?????) he's home now and weak but i'll take it :)

as for the hei, got everything wired and tightened up. drove it around and its great then boom rough idle and stalling at idle managed to get it home and realized i forgot to tighten the intake at the throttle body. now everythings great.
i am going to eventually upgrade to a bigger coil but thats down the road.

now its the subwoofer box if the weather gets better and mount up and decide on what woofer to use. wire the front and rear speakers to their new amp and finish all the audio up.

hopefully i'll be able to go on a long test drive tomorrow out belleville way to pick up my seats and i'll install the those on sunday.

then its school shopping for my sons first year, and some saving. i found out i have some money coming my way in a couple months, enough for my swap and complete suspensuon rebuild( all bushings, new stiffer springs, new wheel bearings all around). as well as my megasquirt finally as that shits been in my cart at stratified for 6 months lmfao.
mx3matt

Post by mx3matt »

so i scored today!!!

picked up a set of 93 seats, one teal one black. man i'm surprised how much better they are then the 94's. i'll eventually get the seat inserts matched to possible blue.

also picked up a sub box with 2 10inch phoenix golds, one of the speakers isnt working so i'm hoping its just a inside connection. pretty happy overall as long as i can get the speaker working it was a good buy and a couple more things off my list.
mx3matt

Post by mx3matt »

forgot to mention that the hei mod appears to be paying for itself lol, i'm at 420km's to this tank with a tad less then 1/4 tank left. i've only ever hit 400km's once, and it no joke rolled in the gas station at 401km's and died.

so i'm amped to see how much mileage i get over a more extended period of time
mx3matt

Post by mx3matt »

so it was the subs that were the problem, either my head unit is having issues or the rca cables have a dead channel. noticed yesterday when i switched the rca's channels that the dead sub came to life, so i threw in a splitter temporarily to make use of both subs. once i get the final pieces of my setup picked up i'll spend a day and rework everything and run new cables.

couldnt be happier with the car right now, 93 seats are amazing and i'll have the bolts to put the passenger seat in tomorrow morning. still on the same tank and at 435km's. getting fairly close to empty but i'm gonna squeeze it just to see what i can get lol.

the thing that amazes me is that for me to get the 401km tank i had to drive in super fuel miser mode, but with this first tank since the full hei/coil install i drove it like i stole it and then some. i'm excited to drive it lightly and see what i get.....i predict at least a 500km tank.
i love mods that pay for themselves.
cWs306

Post by cWs306 »

hahaha same here. my gas millage went up considerably when i did the mod. and if you wanna squeeze it and see what u can get, when the gas light comes on. you got 50km's or so.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

mx3matt wrote:the thing that amazes me is that for me to get the 401km tank i had to drive in super fuel miser mode, but with this first tank since the full hei/coil install i drove it like i stole it and then some. i'm excited to drive it lightly and see what i get.....i predict at least a 500km tank.
i love mods that pay for themselves.
Glad to see some people getting mileage like their suppose to. I think people were starting to think I was crazy/lying with the mileage we used to get on our cars. Same, I never hypermiled and drove my Mx-3 hard daily. Guessing you've been doing a fair amout of city. Should be able to crack 500+ on all highway.

Ya I had put a headsink on mine, figured why not.

What were you getting for mileage before?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
mx3matt

Post by mx3matt »

350/tank if i was lucky....... i drive hard all the time and right now she's lovin it.

i ended up with 482km's on the last tank.
SgtLynch

Post by SgtLynch »

Good info on the Hei mod. I've seen a bunch of people doing it but I figured the only benefit was a reliable spark, first time I've read it offers a mileage increase. I'll throw that on my to-do list.

Glad your Dads hanging in and your car is running again. :D
mx3matt

Post by mx3matt »

my pops is a stubborn old bastard, so he went in on the thursday night they released him friday afternoon.

after being up since 6 am thursday morning, when i got home from work friday night i played with my son for a bit and passed out with him about 9 pm friday.....work up saturday morning and heard a lawnmower, looked outside and its him mowing the lawn. i throw some clothes on and yelle at him and take over the lawnmowing.... feeling like i got hit by a train i walked inside and hes lifting couches with one hand and vacumming with the other lmfao. i gave up at that point.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

mx3matt wrote:i drive hard all the time and right now she's lovin it.
That's how she should be behaving! A KLZE Mx-3 is a bad, bad girl and needs to be beaten often :lol:
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
mx3matt

Post by mx3matt »

sad part is its still a k8 for now. i'm actually worried about how much trouble the DE with ZE cams could get me into. i'm actually really exciting to put my stock 15's back on to see exactly how much acceleration the 17's have eaten up lol.
mx3matt

Post by mx3matt »

so before the winter hits i'd like to swap my springs with something stiffer. i just put in an email to ground control to see what they recommend, i'll probably be upgrading to a spring about 10-15% stiffer at least and will also be considering a helper spring as well.....

any suggestions.... i'm doing a lot more downtown driving these days and now that i can actually take passengers its brutally aware that i'm in need of a stiffer ride.
i've got a connect to picking up the wytbushings so its something i really have to address sooner rather then later. i've been waiting on the spherical lca group buy on clubprotege for months and cant wait any longer.

its either repair before winter or possibly buy my buddies 2001 a4 1.8t with a bunch of go fast goodies.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

SgtLynch wrote:I've seen a bunch of people doing it but I figured the only benefit was a reliable spark
Wouldn't that be a big enough of a advantage? Plus it's a cheaper fix with more available parts

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”