92StockMx3 - 1992 Mx-3 RS

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
92StockMx3

Re: 92StockMx3 - 1992 Mx-3 RS

Post by 92StockMx3 »

Thanks alot for the kind words! :mrgreen:

I'd like a nice set of five spoke wheels myself but since theres nothing wrong with these i'll do what i can with them.

Yeah i thought the Canadian GS was the only ones that came with that wing myself. I can't seem to find a good picture of one , does it resemble the wrap around on the early 90's GSX eclipses'? I'm familiar with those.

I can see how a raised spoiler can look good, just not my cup of tea thought.
Mike
1992 Krylon White Mazda MX-3 RS. Cold Air Intake,17 inch Voxx rims with Toyo Proxez 4, Black Projectors, Black Taillights,Smoked Turn Signals.
1993 Brilliant Black Mazada MX-3 GS. KLZE, Short Shifter,
RobMinhas
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by RobMinhas »

Personally I think the wraparound looks great on any MX3 as long as it's the same colour as the rest of the car, if you look at JohnMX3's car, he's got a white GS with a white wraparound and it looks really really nice.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

92StockMx3 wrote:Thanks alot for the kind words! :mrgreen:

I'd like a nice set of five spoke wheels myself but since theres nothing wrong with these i'll do what i can with them.

Yeah i thought the Canadian GS was the only ones that came with that wing myself. I can't seem to find a good picture of one , does it resemble the wrap around on the early 90's GSX eclipses'? I'm familiar with those.

I can see how a raised spoiler can look good, just not my cup of tea thought.
I don't have any good pictures of my gf's car with the wing on it.. I still have her factory wing though for sale...
It is similar to the 90s GSX eclipses.. Not quite as flat and wide.. hugs the back trunk nicely...
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Calg_93GS wrote:as for getting a wrap around, got find one of us nice canucks to pull one from pnp as i do believe the wrap around wing was canadian GS only (i could be wrong on this tho)
I've got one ;)

Ya, unless you get you're from overseas, the only other option is from 94-96 Canadian GS's
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
92StockMx3

Post by 92StockMx3 »

I'll scope around for some installed pictures of them. Great just when i think im about finished with one thing i find something else, guess thats what its all about :lol: .
Mike
1992 Krylon White Mazda MX-3 RS. Cold Air Intake,17 inch Voxx rims with Toyo Proxez 4, Black Projectors, Black Taillights,Smoked Turn Signals.
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

92StockMx3 wrote:I'll scope around for some installed pictures of them. Great just when i think im about finished with one thing i find something else, guess thats what its all about :lol: .
I just shipping your other package today... I could make a second shipment.. ;)
92StockMx3

Post by 92StockMx3 »

So got some items today thanks to crazycanadian :D !

First being some OEM floor mats.
Gave them one more cleaning after this and them look very good.

The driver side rubber coating on the bottom was falling off so i grabbed a hot glue gun and bought a roll of heavy duty self liner and went to town, not perfect but alot better.

Also received a front lip, didn't have any fiberglass to repair it so got some duct tape and glue and it turned out good. Picture is just it fitted not fully bolted on.

Door and hatch seals were also packed in the box those will go on at a later date after i fit my front door panels and touch up on some body work thats over due.
Mike
92StockMx3

Post by 92StockMx3 »

Painted my headliner with Duplicolor Vinyl & Fabric paint, also re-painted the A and B pillars in flat black since the gloss wasnt looking so great.

Couldn't get a good picture but looks good installed.

Mike
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Looks nice! I've been considering something like that for awhile.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
92StockMx3

Post by 92StockMx3 »

I probably should learn more about engines and so fourth BUT....

Picked myself up a toy, just a bit of incentive i guess :mrgreen:

Mike
92StockMx3

Post by 92StockMx3 »

Picked myself up some EDM sides

Also improved my MPG from ~26 to ~31!
A good combination of Fuel injection cleaner, octane booster for a few tanks and a can of Engine Restore.

Engine Restore is added to your oil during a change and is supposed to clean and restore performance, compression and longevity. I haven't retested my compression by after about 500 miles i can notice a difference, for the better.
Mike
ethand

Post by ethand »

92StockMx3 wrote:Painted my headliner with Duplicolor Vinyl & Fabric paint, also re-painted the A and B pillars in flat black since the gloss wasnt looking so great.
What a cool idea! I've been thinking of going black for my headliner as well, but was hesitant to rip my headliner out & change the fabric, as my headliner is in really good nic. I might have to give this a shot... Was it hard to get even coverage & colour? Does it look a little funny up close?

Good work with the EDM sides - should look good! :)
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
92StockMx3

Post by 92StockMx3 »

Headliner was actually pretty easy to take out just have to take your time. Best advise is make sure they are light coats you put on as the paint can puddle in an area pretty easy. It turned out a lighter black but not gray, i'm sure if i put on a few more coats it would have been darker but i was afraid of it getting too heavy and sagging.

Installed it looks completely fine, the only off thing about it is it has a slight rough texture to it. I wouldn't be able to tell even if someone told me. Worst case is it doesn't come out how you want and since the headliners out grab some spray adhesive and a sheet of fabric.
Mike
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

Nice work on the liner!! Alittle heads up don't rub your hand on it to much that stuff comes off really easily! I did that before I did mine in suede! Plus mine turned out like a zebra which also helped in my decision!
93 White RS- BPT Built not bought!!
Worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=78988
92StockMx3

Post by 92StockMx3 »

Tavman_1213 wrote:Nice work on the liner!! Alittle heads up don't rub your hand on it to much that stuff comes off really easily! I did that before I did mine in suede! Plus mine turned out like a zebra which also helped in my decision!
Thanks for the tip! I painted my door panels with the same stuff and if holds up very well don't have to be careful at all. That doesn't mean im going to be scrapping my headliner for giggles though :lol: . Even if i do feel myself in the primal mood and scratch at it not to hard to re-do it or i've found carbon fiber headliner that looks pretty good that i'll put in. :freak:
Mike

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”