Sam's 1.6 MX-3- LT Turbo project.

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
youdirtyfox
antispam: No

Re: Sam's 1.6 MX-3- LT Turbo project

Post by youdirtyfox »

Cheers Bro I think I saw your car on cardomain btw as the spec. list was the same as your sig. Good luck with your more boost too :D

Got one nice meaty flange to play with today...along with the studs to be tapped in there.

Also my buddy hooked me up with lots of leftover boost pipes from his Miata conversion, one being perfect to get to the TB as I did wonder how I was going to do that.

and a B6 exhaust manifold gasket He had too > nice to know that I have the right mani.

Been bidding on a few Turbos, but keep missing out to snipers gggrrrrr but Im hopefull to win one soon then I can progress some more
mazdamx3bds
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mazdamx3bds »

The cardomain page for my car should still be up although I haven't updated it in a long time, should still have some pics for you to see throughout the original stages of the project. I really need to do a better job of taking pics and making notes of the various modifications like you have done.

Here is the link (hasnt been updated since 2007 though and a lot has changed since then)

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/310985
Supertech Forged Pistons, ARP Studs, ACL Bearings, Port and Polished Head, Ported Intake Manifold, Valve Job, GTX Manifold, T3 50trim Turbo,Cone Filter, 2.5" Exhaust, 2.5" Custom Downpipe, ACT Street Clutch, Lightened Flywheel, MSD 6A Ignition, Boost Retard and SS Coil, Magnecor Plug Wires, Denso Iridium Plugs, UR Lightened Pulley, Spearco FMIC, Turbo XS BOV & MBC, Megasquirt V2, RX7 460cc Injectors, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, Autometer Gauges, Pivot Shift Light
youdirtyfox

Post by youdirtyfox »

Its a cool car look forward to seeing a few more pics, I guess I just like taking alot but its all good for ref. and to show other people
different methods of how things can be done, plus everybody loves pics :lol:

Got the other flange this morning so it can all be welded up now along with fixing the broken stud.
Not the final height by the way, going to machine down the barrel so its just tall enough for clearence to weld
and to get the nuts on.

Pukka pipe :D can now work out where to sit the dump valve, and new elbow for the IACV.

I did have one question> you know the small 3mm(ish) vacuum hose that comes of from the air filter pipe and goes to those steel pipes round the back of the inlet manifold, when turboing does that stay on the pipe for the air filter or does it get moved to the cold side of the boost pipe?!
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Coming along nicely Sam!

that VJ14 should do just nicely, you can always do a VJ14/VJ16 hybrid :shrug: one thing you might consider doing is port matching the exhaust manifold. from what I remember is there is almost a 1/2" you can take out of the ends of each port.

look forward to seeing this mod done.
youdirtyfox

Post by youdirtyfox »

Thanks Josh it is slowly but surely. I will look into that port matching for sure we have a die grinder at work I can use :D
Yep hybrid for sure in the future as a T28 is basically a hybrid T25/T3 turbo . T25 turbine + T3 compressor.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

youdirtyfox wrote:I did have one question> you know the small 3mm(ish) vacuum hose that comes of from the air filter pipe and goes to those steel pipes round the back of the inlet manifold, when turboing does that stay on the pipe for the air filter or does it get moved to the cold side of the boost pipe?!
your engine bay looks so nice with the aluminum reservoir and stuff =)

if i'm thinking about the same one as you, doesn't it normally connect the valve cover port to the intake?
if i'm talking about the right one since you have the filter on there you won't need it and i used it for my wastegate.
youdirtyfox

Post by youdirtyfox »

Thanks Man needs a polish up really, just have not got round to it! should look even better once the battery & fusebox are out the way and the washer bottle is under the wiper cowling :welder:

Yeah I sorted the valve cover > intake one with the breather filter, its this one that comes from the airbox(now comes of my DIY induction kit)
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

ohhh and that goes directly to the back of the manifold? (haven't had/seen a B6 in a while lol) either way you won't need it, you can use that line for a boost gauge or your BOV now.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

I connected mine to the intake pipe before the turbo.
youdirtyfox

Post by youdirtyfox »

Evo_Spec wrote:ohhh and that goes directly to the back of the manifold? (haven't had/seen a B6 in a while lol) either way you won't need it, you can use that line for a boost gauge or your BOV now.
Not directly no, just goes to around that area where there are a bunch of pipes running parralel to it. Boost guage I was going to have a little take off on the main boost pipe for it. As the MAP for the AEM is coming off from vacuum pipe from the inlet manifold to the fuel regulator and the BOV off the line to charcoal canister and thata the area I want my BOV to be right close to TB.

Thanks RS_OBD'oh_2 means I can just leave it where it else then which is on the elbow to the cone filter :D
Last edited by youdirtyfox on July 14th, 2012, 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

i didn't get any of that but yes, you do that =D
youdirtyfox

Post by youdirtyfox »

lol sorry was I rabbiting a bit?! just had the first big coffee of the morning!
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

btw, what the heck is a pukka pipe?
youdirtyfox

Post by youdirtyfox »

Pukka means good/legit/genuine/authentic, over here there is a company who make savoury pies, called pukkapies!
I just inserted the "P' to make pukkapipes :oops: :o
RobMinhas
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by RobMinhas »

At the golf course I work at, we have a company called Pukka that we get our hats from. They're quality is atrocious so I thought you meant they were crappy pipes haha.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”