kulluminati777 - 1993 マツダスピード MX-3 You will be missed

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: kulluminati777's All show and no go....

Post by kulluminati777 »

So all day saturday (because im a noob) we changed the timing belt and pulleys, and right when i took off the cam cover thingy (for lack of a better word) this belt was all tangled and shreaded inside. We replaced the belt and the car fired right up :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

non-interference engines FTW
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Evo_Spec wrote:non-interference engines FTW
yeah i know right, i dont know why every engine (especially one with a timing BELT) was designed to still be alive after a belt snap.......
SgtLynch

Post by SgtLynch »

Go Mazda... anything else would now be a boat anchor.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

So having to go to work i couldnt be with the driver that got my car the second time (taking it from the mechanic to the house) and the retard let the cable ride into my bumper and cracked it a bit.....moral of the story ALWAYS go with the tow guy :evil: :evil: :evil:

so with this being germany i cant order a fiber glass repair kit online and i been to shop after shop and its not surprising but i cant find a fiberglass repair thing here either i mean i cant ever find anything here.... :roll:

i HAVE been waiting for an actual MS front nose to show up somewhere but im glad i didnt get one yet because if that was get messed up i REALLY would be upset....so i dont know if i want to leave it like that or paint over it till i get to the states because i wont get a actual MS nose until next summer after my engine swap(there EXPENSIVE)
diezzel

Post by diezzel »

Holy s--t . I guess the tow truck fairy is real after all . :lol: . That's nasty . I feel for you . :crying:
bogaut
antispam: No

Post by bogaut »

if it was an abs bumper it would have been fine. fiberglass is so damn brittle. oem ftw!!
RobMinhas

Re: kulluminati777's chrome hated ghetto cruiser

Post by RobMinhas »

kulluminati777 wrote:j\

Also what do you guys think of this hood i am in the processes of getting (this will also be my last body mod :mrgreen: )

That awkward moment when it takes you four pages to realize this is your old hood....
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

diezzel wrote:Holy s--t . I guess the tow truck fairy is real after all . :lol: . That's nasty . I feel for you . :crying:
yes and he is one mean SOB :lol:
bogaut wrote:if it was an abs bumper it would have been fine. fiberglass is so damn brittle. oem ftw!!

that would be amazing if the MS front was made of plastic, carbon, urethane or ANYTHING except fiber glass....im just happy its easy to repair (if i could get my hands on epoxy and fiberglass)
RobMinhas wrote:
That awkward moment when it takes you four pages to realize this is your old hood....
Why did you give it up its a beautiful hood, i cant wait to get it on my ride :mrgreen:
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Hahah, I needed to drop the car, and at that point I was gonna try to get a blue hood for the car, not to mention Diezzel can be very convincing hahah.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
JayoM

Post by JayoM »

That is a gorgeous hood, much better than what yav got on there at the minute.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

JayoM wrote:That is a gorgeous hood, much better than what yav got on there at the minute.
well the original plan for the hood scoop was to mold it to the hood and cut a hole to let fresh air through the top but i seen this hood and it looks just like the mazdaspeed hood for the RX7 (oh how i love RX7's)

yes it is a beauty i have been looking for one for a few years now, what sucks is ill have to wait till i get to the states to get this one on the Mazdaspeed MX3 and yes im calling it that again but c'mon with all this JDM mazdaspeed goodness how could you not agree with the name :lol:

Also small update;

I purchased a few goodies in the last couple months (despite my break downs :evil: :evil: ) and i have been patiently waiting for them to arrive to show you guys. Some parts I know you guys will hate and some you guys will love. I also have been looking for gold paint so i could match my valve covers to my MS front strut bar but it is always IMPOSSIBLE to find anything in this country, but i will keep looking. I want to paint the intake mani silver (but i might polish it like i did my MS rims, but it takes a LONG time :x ) and clean up every thing else. in the bay, relocate the battery and may a wire tuck :shrug:
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

I'm personally a fan of the hood scoop... I just can't seem to find the right design for me. If I had the choice, I would have the benefits of one without it being visible. Unfortunately, going with a lower profile, subtle scoop is looking more likely.

That, or routing cold air from my MS bumper(foglight holes) into the bay, and out through Z3 style vents, or a scoot vent on the hood/cowling.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Im using one of the fog light holes as my cold air intake duct and the other one as the oil cooler air duct once I install the ac system and have to move it from its current location.....also in the front lower corners of the middle bumper air opening im putting brake duct ports like this

im looking into welding a 3'' slant cut pipe and hook the air ducting from the MS bumper to the dust shield like this.....

i havent seen anyone on mx3.com do this yet...im actually shocked
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

What would that do? Just cool down the brakes?

Seems a bit overkill on stock brakes, but then again you've got Brembos :D

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”