Mikeinaus's 94 GSZE whats a fair price for my car?

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Nd4SpdSe

Re: Mikeinaus's New 94 GSZE Update ** maintenance

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

SuperK wrote:it's because of north america's emissions standards. Modern diesels meet emissions however wasn't so some few years ago.
Depends, our diesel has a much higher sulphur cound than theirs. Low Sulfur "clean diesel" is slowly making it's way here.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Post by mikeinaus »

so i got the car started up today. slight hickup which has delayed me finishing till tomorrow (hopefully). my power steering pump had a slight leak, which has decided to turn into a massive leak so ive ripped the one out of my parts car and ill install it tomorrow, it should do temporarily until i can order in a new one. the belt i ordered for my power steering/water pump ended up being a alternator belt so it didnt fit. i tried the old belt but it was in such bad shape it snapped as soon as i started the car. only thing left now is to replace the pump, both belts and find tune everything and i should be able to go for a bit of a drive tomorrow.

on a side note the new friction gear springs are way quieter then the old ones. idle also felt much smoother then before. could be the new injectors, could be in my head. ill know more when ive had a chance to start the car for more then 30 seconds...
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

sometimes the o ring pinches and rips on the power steering pump, leaking everywhere. I would unscrew the attached pipe off of the power steering and replace the o ring if you still have an opportunity to do so. Otherwise, if you got a new one on the way that's cool too
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

so i thought id give an update. ive done quite a bit of work to the car in the past few weeks. i grabbed a de ecu/vaf today and im hoping its fixed my over fueling issue. on the same topic i installed a mpguino, its basically a computer that calculates instant mpg/average mpg, plus a bunch of other cool things like distance to empty, it even has a drag mode that records 0-100, 1/8 mile and 1/4 mile and a few other things as well as calculating estimated horsepower. if anyone is interested in one of these. they are extremely hard to find. they have been discontinued and it took me about a week of searching to find a person who has a couple. pm me as i may be buying what they have left and forwarding them onto friends and forum members...

other then that i moved the viper 5901 remote start/ alarm from my old car into the new one. i also gave the car a long over due spring cleaning. the most recent negative is one of my altezza tail lights decided to warp somehow and now its cracked and has tuns of moisture inside. i really dont know how it possibly could have happened, especially since its only 4 months old. im hoping if i open it up and reseal it that it will fix the problem. it sucks these things come with basically no warranty...

my most recent plans for the car would be a new set of summer tires, and im thinking of trying an obx twin loop muffler to quiet it down a bit. from what ive read these mufflers are supposed to be fairly quiet and can be had for fairly cheap. its also not too ricey looking with only a 3" exhaust pipe, and the weird double loop should be hidden under the bumper quite easily. assuming the new ecu/vaf has solved my over fueling issue i think the car is more or less complete. that is unless i can get some panels repainted for cheap...
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by kulluminati777 »

i had the obx twin loop on my mx-3 a few years ago and i had to take off the heat shield between the muffler and car to make it fit and it also scraped on the ground because it went alot lower the he rest of the car and i didnt notice any difference from the straight through exhaust on my mx-6....just a heads up from my experience brother
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

didnt notice a difference in noise level? from the dimensions it doesnt sound like its much bigger then the magnaflow i have right now. other then height that is. i was also looking under the car recently and it looked like thered be enough room. hmm maybe ill have to rethink that muffler. not that mine is that loud im just tired of the low level drone below 3krpm.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

no i still had that awful k-series drone just like on the MX-6, and as far as it being mounted maybe i did something wrong that you might do right. I wish i had some pics but i had it in for a month then i went back to the original because it didnt delivery what i bought it for and that was to to give me the performance without the loudness :confused2:
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

here ya go brother this guy has the same obx muffler i had but its not on a K8 it on a DE....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY17rD_I ... r_embedded
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

i was hoping more for this sound http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmz33p8TAvE. to be fair my exhaust isnt that loud with my magnaflow twin tip. i have a large resonator with quite aggressive baffling which deadens the sound quite a bit. my magnaflow is also a few years old and i doubt it has much packing left. if the twin loop quieted it down a few db itd be worth it for me.
mikeinaus

Re: Mikeinaus's 94 GSZE whats a fair price for my car?

Post by mikeinaus »

i just got back from renewing my insurance and i had to insure it in "territory Z" to get around an emissions test im sure to fail again. looks like my premiums with the new territory and my previous accident are making my payments ridiculous for this old of a car with literally no book value. im thinking of trying to sell it to move onto something a bit newer thats better on gas, as most of you probably know my car is a gas pig. anyone know what i should price the car at? i bought the shell with motor for $2500 last year, plus ive put in atleast $3000 probably more upgrading/doing maintenance on it. im hoping i can get $4000 but is that too unrealistic?

recent work/mods:
94 mx6 ecu/vaf, also have a stoker100 chipped ecu
34x,xxxkms on body practically 0 rust with very minor dents/dings
new h&r coils with kyb gr2 struts
new battery
new timing belt/serpentine belts/water pump
new o2, knock and coolant temp sensors
exhaust is 1.5 years old 2.5" high flow with magnaflow twin tip
hot shot headers
klze with approximately 100-150km(extremely clean under valve cover)
new alternator
new viper remote start/alarm
alpine double din dvd deck
alpine type S 6.5" front coaxials
Jl c2-650 6.5" rear coaxials (brand new never used)
300W pioneer 4 channel amp
alpine type R 12" in a custom box
phoenix gold 800W mono amp
rx8 seats
halo headlights
momo millenium steering wheel, momo hub, momo shift knob/leather boot
EBC redstuff front pads, greenstuff rear pads with slotted brembo rotors
jdm mini sides, wrap around spoiler, also have rs raised spoiler
rear hatch cargo cover in great condition
new drivers side door weather stripping
17" konig holes rims in good condition (minor curb rash on 1 rim)

the bad:
paint chips on hood/front bumper
drinks alot of gas for no apparent reason
sun roof has trouble opening/closing

something tells me id be alot easier to get rid of plus id make more money if i parted it out, i just dont have the time or desire to put in that much work at this point in time.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

I'd think you'd get more money with a partout as well, a good amount of the stuff you have on it is universal or could be used on another car so theres lots of value there. Lots of work to part out a car properly though, not to mention time and space as well. If you've got the time, it'd be worth your while to part it out I think, you could even part out most of the stuff and pick up a De and stick that in the shell since that'll probably be the hardest thing to move.

It's unfortunate but I don't think you can get $4000 for it, the huge deal breaker being the mileage, gas isn't cheap up where you are and other people would have trouble with the emission situation as well. It's unfortunate because it seems like the car is worth that much it's just a shame you wouldn't be able to get that much for it.

If you do part that out I'd make a run up to Van with my car completely shelled and grab a bunch of stuff from you hahah ;D
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

i know the mileage is gonna be a problem but to be honest the shell is in better shape then most cars with 150k and has like 0 rust. i put it on craigslist at $4000 and i have someone coming to look at it on sunday so hopefully it goes well. when i finish school in the next few weeks im going to be starting my old job working 60+ hours a week plus travelling so ill have literally 0 time to deal with stripping the car. not to mention i already have a stripped mx3 in my driveway i still need to get rid of...
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

well i got an ofer of $3800 im probably gonna take. i told the guy id give him a week to think about it and finish some things off with the car for him... if this goes threw i should have some spare parts up for sale in the near future.
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

Wow thats actually better than I would have expected, whatever the outcome hope its for the best for you :wink:
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

That's good to hear! From a couple recent FS threads I had thought that you'd get less but thats not a bad price!
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”