Mazdaspeed front bumper Group Buy

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Josh
Supporting Member

Re: Mazdaspeed front bumper Group Buy

Post by Josh »

CS used to sell GTR replica body parts like the MS kit for the MX. Extremely rare for the gtx, he was sympathizing with you...
driftfan3
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by driftfan3 »

im in the group by and see im not call in names or nuthin lol i was say ing you all might not want to miss out on this and regrete later sr thats all i thought that was clear
mazda mx-3 1.6l(first car) ihi vj14 (323gtx turbo) gs suspention soon megasquirt out in indianapolis in
stepchyld

Post by stepchyld »

I would be in, like others, if it is not fiberglass. If they have a mold and blow fiberglass into it, I wouldn't think it incredibly difficult or expensive to use a more durable material that could also be blown into the mold. I'm sure it could be worth it on their end to do so... Several of us would be willing to pay more for something not so easily destroyed.
I bought one in 01, over $100 shipping then. It was destroyed by a single possum that popped out from behind a guard rail. I barely even saw the critter, was going 45-50. Had to drive with that ugly busted thing for over a year till I bought my GS and borrowed it's bumper cover (Really wish I'd taken my old OEM bumper cover from the body shop :( ). I'm a bit bitter about the ease of it's destruction, sorry for ranting. I just will not buy another fiberglass bumper cover unless it's at a price relative to it's durability.
93 GS, ATX to MTX swap, chrome 16x7, upper strut bars, SRD LCA bushings.
Upcoming improvements: Tokico/Eibach struts/springs, energy suspension LCA bushings
94 RS MTX, Engine swap completed, ALIVE Again!
95 RS ATX, parts car/project X
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Noob here, why would it cost more to make the bumper out of something other then fiberglass?
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

stepchyld wrote:I would be in, like others, if it is not fiberglass. If they have a mold and blow fiberglass into it, I wouldn't think it incredibly difficult or expensive to use a more durable material that could also be blown into the mold. I'm sure it could be worth it on their end to do so... Several of us would be willing to pay more for something not so easily destroyed.
I bought one in 01, over $100 shipping then. It was destroyed by a single possum that popped out from behind a guard rail. I barely even saw the critter, was going 45-50. Had to drive with that ugly busted thing for over a year till I bought my GS and borrowed it's bumper cover (Really wish I'd taken my old OEM bumper cover from the body shop :( ). I'm a bit bitter about the ease of it's destruction, sorry for ranting. I just will not buy another fiberglass bumper cover unless it's at a price relative to it's durability.
Actually urethane plastic is a "bit" harder to make, its not just "blow it in". It is very labor intensive and it's not going to happen for a 20 year old car.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
stepchyld

Post by stepchyld »

Sure wish it would, mitmaks.
After considering it a while and recalling my research several years ago, I see your point...
With fiberglass, any areas where fiberglass ends up being thin, additional material can be added with relative ease. With plastics, that would be much more complicated. The mold has to be perfect, the quantity of plastic material needed has to be perfect. Fiberglass is simply more forgiving.
93 GS, ATX to MTX swap, chrome 16x7, upper strut bars, SRD LCA bushings.
Upcoming improvements: Tokico/Eibach struts/springs, energy suspension LCA bushings
94 RS MTX, Engine swap completed, ALIVE Again!
95 RS ATX, parts car/project X
driftfan3

Post by driftfan3 »

let me know when you guys are ready cuz im down i want one
mazda mx-3 1.6l(first car) ihi vj14 (323gtx turbo) gs suspention soon megasquirt out in indianapolis in
driftfan3

Post by driftfan3 »

if any one is willing ill pay you to rent the ms body kit parts to copy or reproduce them for our community so we can still have them if any one want them
Silkwyrm

Post by Silkwyrm »

I dont know if this is still in the works but if it is I'm interested. I had one, and loved the look of it. but yes it did break easy. Now that I understand that, I dont think it would be hard to reinforce it in places to make it much stronger. I'm willing to do that for the look of that bumper cover.
easts1d3
antispam: No

Post by easts1d3 »

Lets make this happen! I want in on this! I emailed corksport and the can still do it we just need 10 min
easts1d3

Post by easts1d3 »

I might even buy 2
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I'd assume they still have their moulds... but if not, I have a nearly perfect CS replica still.

It's got a tiny split on the bottom end where the lip would be on the GS bumper, about 1.5" long, that happened during mounting. I've not driven the car with the bumper on, and planned to reinforce the fragile areas before actually using it.

I might add that I am less than 2 hours from CorkSport...
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
easts1d3

Post by easts1d3 »

This is right from corksport

"Thank you for your message. We are sold out of the bumpers but we do have the moulds to make more. We would be willing to do another run but we would need to have orders for 10 of them."

so common guys, dont make me buy all 10 lol
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

What would be the price?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Guys if you really want to get this done then we need to do this proper.

1) lets start a formal GB in the GB section.

2) we need to get a list of everyone who is going to buy one. Put the word out as I am sure there are some MX guys out there that never use the forum. all we need is 10

3) people HAVE to commit! the biggest problem we have always had on this forum is folks following through.

Derrek told me that they would do it, and at the last price they sold them at which I think was like 160.00. I am sure they could probably do the same or close as long as nothing has changed.

Remember then there is shipping! so you need to factor in 100 - 160 buck more for shipping within the lower 48. I am sure that it is going to take a bit to get them going and made so I bet we could split the payments up into two waves, one for the product and another for shipping. They have shipped enough and can give us a pretty realistic cost.

If you guys want to do this I am more than willing to help but we need to do it right. Plus I think a portion needs to go to the site as per GB rules.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”