still burning too much gas...

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Re: still burning too much gas...

Post by mikeinaus »

i havnt counted the number of turns but the idle sits steady at 650rpm and i dont believe the screw is too far in either direction..

i also agree the drag would have to be pretty hard and pretty obvious. it would make sense to have a drag issue within the transmission as the car rolls fine out of gear, however said problem i think would probably give quite obvious other symptoms. think we can all safely agree my car is just a pig and likes to burn s--- tuns of gas for no apparent reason?
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

mikeinaus wrote:i havnt counted the number of turns but the idle sits steady at 650rpm and i dont believe the screw is too far in either direction..

i also agree the drag would have to be pretty hard and pretty obvious. it would make sense to have a drag issue within the transmission as the car rolls fine out of gear, however said problem i think would probably give quite obvious other symptoms. think we can all safely agree my car is just a pig and likes to burn s--- tuns of gas for no apparent reason?
You are driving stop and go traffic... My DE swap isn't nice on fuel when I do stop and go traffic...2 tanks ago I went 290km to a 36L fill up.. All city stop and go driving... Then I did all light cruising and mainly hwy for the next tank... I did 370km to 37L fill up...

At this point mike when we get the chance we'll scope your O2's while driving and make sure you are in fuel control and then it'll be a matter of simple tuning...
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

mikeinaus wrote:i havnt counted the number of turns but the idle sits steady at 650rpm and i dont believe the screw is too far in either direction..
Idle is suppose to be 700. That's factory spec.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”