Robert Teal (v6 trout) Mazda mx - 3. First project ever done

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Clappy

Re: Robert Teal (v6 trout) Mazda mx - 3. First project ever

Post by Clappy »

Daninski wrote:How did the car ever pass the safety with those holes and if the brakes seized after 3 weeks sounds like a bogus safety. Anyway, I have a ZE and trans complete for $500 if clappy isn't interested.
hey! It's Mine!!
-----------------
Tim
09 Dodge Challenger SXT
08 G5 White
93 MX3 SE Red
94 MX3 V6 Black
95 MX3 V6 Blue/purple
iRobsta
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by iRobsta »

So I have a plan for what I'm going to do with the rust. On the passenger side I'm going to fix it myself, like I said it's not as bad as the picture makes it seems (either of them for that matter). Although, the driver side one is pretty bad and I'm most likely going to see if I can find new parts to stick them in.

Sadly I have some terrible news. Consider I'm only 19 and I'm with "Bel Air Direct" for insurance (in Ontario) they support NO performance modification on a vehicle. They let me have CAI's because they don't consider those a performance increase, but lowing or heightening a car (to an extent) is not aloud, engine swaps of any sort other than stock to stock is no aloud and neither are turbos/supercharges/blow of valves anything like that, no rebuilds on engines like new headers or anything. Even have holes in your hood for scoops, depending on the size of the hole (they want you to send a picture just like they do for lowering/raising your car), is also not aloud.

I guess I'm fucked until next year for swappin out my engine for a KLZE (switch to a different insurance).

This work log will be a cosmetic work log for what it seems now.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

No insurance likes modifications, and if they do, oh will you ever pay a premium for them.

When it comes to insurance, ignorance is bliss. Don't be an idiot, and if sometime happens, take your loss.

You actually think they'll make it affordable to be more "at risk"? Get an insurance quote for say a Speed3. It'll give you an idea, if not more than that.

How many of us on here actually let the insurance company know of our mods? My insurance company once asked for a pic of my car, was worried, but it was just to make sure than the car was being well taken care of, but the mods/engine they were never told about. a KL looks right at home in an Mx-3, there's no reason to suspect anything, so don't give them a reason to. I was with Dominion at the time, but kept a clean record minus a 10-over blemish.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
BornSticky

Post by BornSticky »

thats rediculous i hope ICBC never does that...
92 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE Curve Neck, Probinator ECU, Full 2.5" exhaust with headers, cai, performance radiator, millenia alternator, 5spd, excedy stage 2 clutch, MTX 12" sub sony explod D series 600w amp, pioneer 260w deck, kyb on dropzone springs, HEI mod.
92 Mazda RX-7 (efini) FD3S urethane motor mount, Air intake, 18" Chrome rims besides that stock. SOLD!
93 Mazda MX-3 GS laguna blue full exhaust, cai, kyb shocks R.I.P. stupid jeep driver!
#5389 to join MX-3.com
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

BornSticky wrote:thats rediculous i hope ICBC never does that...
Speaking of ICBC...I have had a hard time getting ahold of anyone who can tell me how an engine swap effects insurance. I take it you've done a swap? How did that affect your insurance?
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
BornSticky

Post by BornSticky »

did the swap and didnt say anything i had it in my old mx3 when it was in an accident they dont even notice its a different engine.
92 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE Curve Neck, Probinator ECU, Full 2.5" exhaust with headers, cai, performance radiator, millenia alternator, 5spd, excedy stage 2 clutch, MTX 12" sub sony explod D series 600w amp, pioneer 260w deck, kyb on dropzone springs, HEI mod.
92 Mazda RX-7 (efini) FD3S urethane motor mount, Air intake, 18" Chrome rims besides that stock. SOLD!
93 Mazda MX-3 GS laguna blue full exhaust, cai, kyb shocks R.I.P. stupid jeep driver!
#5389 to join MX-3.com
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

just don't say anything. Very few people outside of this forum could look at it and know it's not the stock engine.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

wytbishop wrote:just don't say anything. Very few people outside of this forum could look at it and know it's not the stock engine.
I may just go with that, it's not like a BP is noticeably different then a B6.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Exactly. As long as the install is not a hack job; keeping the wiring harness clear, don't use a Probe valvecover, and especially if you keep the stock airbox (and IM, but that's a big power restrictor there), it will look stock and they have no reason to look at headcodes on the motor, which people on here can't even find them even after we show them where they are, lol
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
iRobsta

Post by iRobsta »

I'm 100% down with not telling them.
Only problem is, is that, when I asked them if I was okay with it they asked what size of an engine do you want to swap in, I said a 2.5L then this guy said one sec, put my on hold, came back and gave me this huge speach as to why It's a bad idea, how they don't support it and if I get in a crash and something that's in my car isn't within what I agreed to the contract, then they won't insure s---.

I'm still willing to do it, other than the fact that If I get in a crash and I try to get a claim I fear they will try to tear my car apart to find the slightest things.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Many people on here have gotte into accidents, written off their car and caught speeding/racing. No one had ever reported on here that their car has been inspected and caught for an engine swap
ethand

Post by ethand »

Keep it OEM Mazda & 99% of people (even inspectors) wouldn't know the difference in appearance between a KL and a K8. Basically unless you use a Ford Probe-sourced engine (thus having a Ford logo on it) nobody would know the difference. Unless you hinted at it.
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

The mazda mechanics at my dealership don't even know the difference.

Funny story...I have a friend with an 88' 323 GTX that i was considering buying and he took it to the dealer to try to sort out a problem with the center locking diff...Head mechanic who has worked for Mazda for 30 years swore that it must be a conversion because Mazda never made a 4WD 323 in North America.

No one will ever know that you swapped your engine unless you tell them.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
ethand

Post by ethand »

wytbishop wrote:Head mechanic who has worked for Mazda for 30 years swore that it must be a conversion because Mazda never made a 4WD 323 in North America.
Bahaha! Even I know that, and I'm not really a 323 buff! I don't know if we had them sold here in Aus, but I know a few guys have them imported from Japan...
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”