Sunroof

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
axess

Sunroof

Post by axess »

Hey all,<BR>I wanted to know wich way would be best to fix a sunroof with really minor leaking. When it's raining hard there's a couple of drops that make their way in from the two front corners. It's really not that bad, the seats don't even get wet, but it's still anoying. What would you suggest ?<P>BTW I have a RS so it's not a factory sunroof.
Stephane '96 Blaze Red RS
OsoSlo z28

Re: Sunroof

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

i have an rs with a factory sunroof [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img] did you check the seals?
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
mazda20

Post by mazda20 »

I have been told that you can buy a rubber revitalizor and put that on the seals if they are starting to crack or peal and that will help. They use that stuff alot on PC printers for the track rollers.<P>Also how much did it cost to put a aftermarket soonroof in I am thinking about it?
94 Mazda MX-3 BPT Custom Intake/Exhaust T3/T4, 51mm BOV, Tial WG, 2.5" Piping, 880cc Inj, Godspeed Intercooler, TEC II
My MX-3 Website
axess

Post by axess »

Thanks for replys,<BR>I don't know how much it costs to get a sunroof as mine was already there when I bought the car. It might even be factory, I say it's aftermarket cause it doesn't look like the ones on a GS, it looks like someone cut a hole in the car... Where can i find some rubber revitalizer ?
Stephane '96 Blaze Red RS
mazda20

Post by mazda20 »

Usually any printer repair shop will have it, it comes in a small bottle but it goes along way. At first when you put it on the rubber seals it gets kinda sticky that just means its working.
94 Mazda MX-3 BPT Custom Intake/Exhaust T3/T4, 51mm BOV, Tial WG, 2.5" Piping, 880cc Inj, Godspeed Intercooler, TEC II
My MX-3 Website
avino

Post by avino »

is it true that all aftermarket sunroof will leak ? even if it is an automatic roof ? It's something that I want to intall, but if it's gonna leak, I might as well save my bucks to purchase other things.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”