Evo_Spec's 1994 BP-T RS

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Evo_Spec

Re: Evo_Spec's 1994 BP-T RS

Post by Evo_Spec »

kulluminati777 wrote:your rust doesn't look too bad. I the long run i think it would be cheaper to fix the rust instead of buying a new mx-3 swapping out everything and then having to fix the rust on that one eventually......
the whole bottom side is rusted to crap too, it's getting hard to find a point to jack on now.
and if i do get a new one to swap everything into, i'll be taking my time and doing it properly like Tavis is. hard to justify taking your super fun car off the road lol
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by kulluminati777 »

oh ok i see i thought it was just a little under the fender like in the pic
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Rust :(

The only solution now is to buy an FE3 and sell me your BPT :D
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

+1 ^^

I have been looking for one quite some time now, and from what I am told the only place to get a FWD FE 3 motor is from wreckers in Australia.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Josh wrote:+1 ^^

I have been looking for one quite some time now, and from what I am told the only place to get a FWD FE 3 motor is from wreckers in Australia.
I've been looking for a BPT because I've heard the same stuff. I'd love an FE3 but it's just too damn hard to find one. Even now my only option for a BPT is to get one from Tiger Japan and I really don't want to have to sit on a AWD 323 GTX transmission which will be very difficult to move.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Will Thomas

Post by Will Thomas »

RobMinhas wrote:
Josh wrote:+1 ^^

I've been looking for a BPT because I've heard the same stuff. I'd love an FE3 but it's just too damn hard to find one. Even now my only option for a BPT is to get one from Tiger Japan and I really don't want to have to sit on a AWD 323 GTX transmission which will be very difficult to move.
I would love to have the AWD trans. I would also like to score an AWD rear diff/subframe and driveshaft. If you go that route I would be interrested.
William
The Beast Worklog viewtopic.php?f=46&t=79327
93 MX-3 BP+T all kinds of fast stuff
2X93 Infiniti G-20s
97 Civic
07 Santa Fe
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

I'd have to ship the tranny all the way down to you, and if I decide to go that route I'll let you know.
ethand

Post by ethand »

What vehicle is the FWD FE3 motor from? Just trying to get a feel for how common they would be at wreckers over here... I might be able to phone around for you & see if anyone would be willing to ship it over for you...?
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
Calg_93GS

Post by Calg_93GS »

ethand wrote:What vehicle is the FWD FE3 motor from? Just trying to get a feel for how common they would be at wreckers over here... I might be able to phone around for you & see if anyone would be willing to ship it over for you...?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_F_engine#FE-DOHC

FE-DOHC

The FE-DOHC is the 16 valve DOHC variant of the FE. Commonly called the FE3 because of its head castings, it was used in some 626s from Europe, New Zealand and Japan; but not the U.S. or Australia. After the GD platform stopped production in 1992, FE-DOHCs continued production until the end of the GV wagon in 1997. The FE-DOHC was also produced under license by Kia for the 1995+ Kia Sportage.

The FE-DOHC shares the same dimensions as the original FE-SOHC, including the square 86mm bore x stroke and it has an ideal 1.74 rod/stroke ratio. The FE-DOHC is usually identified by a gold coloured cam cover, however not always. There were at least five different FE-DOHC engines available with various compression ratio, camshaft and ECU tuning combinations however none were fitted with a turbocharger from the factory.

Applications:

1988–1997 Mazda Capella/626
1992–1993 Ford Laser 2.0iRS and Meteor 2.0 16v (South Africa)
1995–2003 Kia Sportage
1992-1995 Kia Concord
Worklog
:: DIY CAI :: DIY Ground kit + Condenser :: Euro Mini Sides :: SE Leather Seats :: Kenwood Headunit w/ Custom IPod Mount ::
:: KYB GR2 w/ H&R Springs :: Drag DR-2 17x7 :: RS Raised Spoiler :: 2x12" Polk DB1222 subs w/ 800w Clarion amp ::
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

unrelated posts seems to happen on my worklog a lot -_-

on a related note, on one of my edm headlights, one of the ball joints on the reflector somehow popped out from its place leaving the reflector pointing down and flopping up and down on bumps. well i got around to fixing it and man that was a b---- to do.
I first tried sticking a towel with a string on the end and shoving the rest of the towel in so it would jam up in the hole so i could pull it up and popped the ball joint back in place and i could get a bit of pressure but not enough to pop the joint back in and the towel would pull out.
Then i realized there was a pretty big gap between the reflector and the outer housing so i snaked the string through the gap closest to the joint i wanted to pop back in and it was still a b---- but i got it. I had to pin the headlight on my feet and reef on it with my body weight, mind you i expected a huge pop when the joint would snap back into place but it never did so maybe some of that effort was unneeded, whatever though, in the end i got it back in.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Calg_93GS wrote:1995–2003 Kia Sportage
:2thumbsup:
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

so i don't think i've ever posted this stuff before but i have a couple of "lucky charms" that i have in my car and thought i'd share them.

I don't really remember the story to this Tokidoki cat but i think it was something like i bought it cause i liked it and i put it on my dash for fun and found out it sat really nicely and gave the dash some more character and i really hate things hanging off the rear view mirror because it's really really annoying to have s--- dangling in your view making you ignore movement in that specific part of your peripheral vision increasing the chance for an accident, so yeah i put some 3m tape on the feet and it's never moved since.
(Ignore the bad paint job, it was done a LONG time ago improperly and i'll be refining it later but it gives you an idea of what i'm going to do)

This bracelet is a bone bracelet i picked up off a street vendor when i was in china, i thought it added a nice touch.

On more of an update note, i'll be installing the SRD repro e-brake handle sometime in the next couple days, i'll be sure to take pictures.

So on June 2nd my GF got me a Mishimoto FMIC, CF oil catch can, and magnetic drain plug for my b-day =D
Well....the stuff hasn't actually been ordered yet because i lost her credit card -_- but once we either find it or order a new card she'll be ordering it for me, i love her =)
Tavis also gave me a BP F-series tranny half shaft to help my torque steer issue and a VJ20 outlet flange so i can get someone to weld piping in the direction i want.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
that cat is too cool..does it bobble?
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

kulluminati777 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:
that cat is too cool..does it bobble?
no, it's just a vinyl toy, the tail can be moved though lol
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

so yeah, i figured out my boost leak, wasn't really a boost leak at all actually.

anyways, i figured it out when i was driving home one night after work and having an energy drink at work so i was rather peppy and excited to get home for my days off.
so i pull up to a red light and then just quickly go when it turns green and then out of the corner of my eye i notice a mustang pulling up quickly beside me from the light, he was trying to pass me so he could get to the turnoff to the highway ahead of me, well i was like, "no sir!" and downshifted, and well that's the end of that story.
oh wait, no its not, as i was quickly pulling away from the mustang i noticed my boost gauge read 3psi, i was like, "wtf? 3psi? i'm pretty sure i couldn't pull away from him that quickly with 3psi"

well ladies and gentleman, here was my problem.

This is kinda what it's supposed to look like

here was the problem.

For anyone who doesn't know what it is, it's the piece that connects to the intake vacuum(boost) line for your boost gauge.
i called Mopac (where i bought it from) to see if they had replacements and they didn't but he told me to call Autometer directly, so when i did the representative told me they had a bad batch of those and they're gonna send me a new one for free =D

so while i'm waiting for the new one, here's what i did to fix it.

so yeah, i never had a boost leak =)
makes sense why i'm losing traction with my winter tires all the time XD
oh! and instead of the stock 8psi VJ20's are supposed to run, it's running 9.5 psi even though i have no boost controller, yay!

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”