The Pile.... 1992 MX-3 GS....

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Evo_Spec

Re: The Pile.... 1992 MX-3 GS....

Post by Evo_Spec »

wagZE wrote:Was it a simple swap on the 5 lug hubs? I have some m edition mx6 wheels I have been camping on for way to long. Were you running the mx-3 harness/trans/mounts/engine cradle/linkage in that protege to get a KL in it? I heard those cars can handle better than mx-3s because they are longer & not weightless in the back like mx-3s.
Need before pics on this build. That would make it even more sick. Pics of probe too, I have had a few probes the flip up headlights make probes I think well ya and a v6 & nice handling.
most of your questions will be answered here
http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showth ... 92-mx-3-gs
pile_of_Rd1

Post by pile_of_Rd1 »

Took some pics.. been workin on it lately... School is kinda kickin my a-- right now but ill be off in a couple weeks for a month, but I might go down to florida for some needed R&R....

Took a pic of the traction bar setup.. since they arms hang on the wall most of the time i stuck some stickers on em lol... but im going to order some longer ones... Also took a pic of the seat mounts, but it didnt really turn out well... ill have to retake it. took a pic of one of my bikes and had the car in it so im posting that too lol...

also was helping a friend with his tuner on his MS3 and really digging his prosport guages... i might have to put my autometers and uego wideband in the probe and get some prosport EVO's for the mx3 but in green to match our stock gauges..

Last edited by pile_of_Rd1 on May 3rd, 2012, 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

1992 Mx-3 GS KLG4 turbo
pile_of_Rd1

Post by pile_of_Rd1 »

wagZE wrote:Was it a simple swap on the 5 lug hubs? I have some m edition mx6 wheels I have been camping on for way to long. Were you running the mx-3 harness/trans/mounts/engine cradle/linkage in that protege to get a KL in it? I heard those cars can handle better than mx-3s because they are longer & not weightless in the back like mx-3s.
Need before pics on this build. That would make it even more sick. Pics of probe too, I have had a few probes the flip up headlights make probes I think well ya and a v6 & nice handling.

Didnt mean to ignore ya.. Its a fairly simple swap, it requires machining each hub where the strut mounts to allow the thinner mx3 strut mounting profile, also some cutting from the rear hubs... Also will require a bump steer kit because of the angle it puts the tie rods at... it could work the way it is, but I dont feel like putting that much stress on the rack...

but the protege swap was using mx3 parts... neon radiator.. it was fun.. proteges are lighter than the mx3 as well... it was a great sleeper lol

1992 Mx-3 GS KLG4 turbo
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by kulluminati777 »

welcome to the traction bar club lol and nice touch with the MS stickers..why i didnt think of that is shocking. :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

pile_of_Rd1 wrote:Took a pic of the traction bar setup.. since they arms hang on the wall most of the time i stuck some stickers on em lol... but im going to order some longer ones...
Why are you going to order longer ones?
pile_of_Rd1

Post by pile_of_Rd1 »

because there is over an inch of adjustment... I feel they would be stronger with the longer threaded rod... I can adjust one side completely out before hte bolt holes will line up... granted I know its meant to have equal amounts from both sides, I just feel it should be longer..

1992 Mx-3 GS KLG4 turbo
AaronTietje
antispam: No

Post by AaronTietje »

Any new updates on this car???
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Still blows my mind, every time I see it...

Is there any chance you'd be willing to part with that hood w/ scoop? Many aren't for them, but I'd use it in a heartbeat. I'm also short a hood, I have 2 for 3 cars. :lol:
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Hey Scott, I've read through your worklog on both CP and here repeatedly, but couldn't find 2 things I was hoping to see!

The first was regarding your Tiburon seats, specifically the mounting hardware you installed. Where did you weld the brackets on, and did you make the brackets or pull them from the Tiburon w/ the seats?

The second is in regards to your MS bumper, how did you close up the gap that most of us suffer from on the top half? Did you raise the bumper support about 3/16" - 1/4", or was there another method that popped into your head? I'm having a tough time fitting mine, but wanted to see if others had done as I am planning(moving the bumper support up a bit), or found a simpler solution that didn't mess with safety equipment.

Thank you, and I look forward to more updates on this car!
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I do have another question, about the rear probe spindle mounting, would you please take pictures for me by any chance? I'm attempting a 5 lug swap for brake/wheel upgrade purposes.

I hadn't thought of this much, but wouldn't it be fairly straight forward to use Probe struts(for a coilspring + strut assembly setup), or KSport MX-3 coilovers with a 2nd gen Probe lower mount replacement, instead of modifying the spindles?
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
Calg_93GS

Post by Calg_93GS »

like the pic with that red 89gt hiding in the back.. makes me miss my old 89 =(
Worklog
:: DIY CAI :: DIY Ground kit + Condenser :: Euro Mini Sides :: SE Leather Seats :: Kenwood Headunit w/ Custom IPod Mount ::
:: KYB GR2 w/ H&R Springs :: Drag DR-2 17x7 :: RS Raised Spoiler :: 2x12" Polk DB1222 subs w/ 800w Clarion amp ::

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”