The only Scion FR-S (FT-86) In Canada right now...

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
_-Night-Shade-_

The only Scion FR-S (FT-86) In Canada right now...

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

...and I snapped it and got to sit in it.

--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
BornSticky

Re: The only Scion FR-S (FT-86) In Canada right now...

Post by BornSticky »

cool lookin car!
92 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE Curve Neck, Probinator ECU, Full 2.5" exhaust with headers, cai, performance radiator, millenia alternator, 5spd, excedy stage 2 clutch, MTX 12" sub sony explod D series 600w amp, pioneer 260w deck, kyb on dropzone springs, HEI mod.
92 Mazda RX-7 (efini) FD3S urethane motor mount, Air intake, 18" Chrome rims besides that stock. SOLD!
93 Mazda MX-3 GS laguna blue full exhaust, cai, kyb shocks R.I.P. stupid jeep driver!
#5389 to join MX-3.com
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

I'm planning on getting one -already got the xB, but this car will be huuuge. It would be amazing to have real aftermarket support for once.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Ok this car has 200hp and nice styling but I don't see any where to buy a trailer hitch for it. How am I suppose to do my monthly dump runs if there's no hitch for it????? :roll:
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
kyser182
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by kyser182 »

Hahaha Just watched the Kbb.com review of this car. Interesting to say the least.

it does give itself a compelling argument due to price point and the possibility of a great aftermarket.
But I have a feeling that the reason its being so hyped and the Subaru version has been so quiet..... Is the fact Subaru's version will destroy this one IF they give it the STI treatment.
1993 MX-3 GS
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

Suby has never put the STI badge on any car what was not an AWD T.

They are the exact same car, minus some minor body and inside changes. Regardless, any part made for either will cross over. Greddy has already made and tested their turbo kit.

Will be an awesome car.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

I've heard rumours floated around that the BRZ will probably not get AWD T with the STi package, most likely only a T and if they do make it AWD it won't be in it's first STi model. It would be the first time Subaru would have done that though, and it's purely speculation.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
kyser182

Post by kyser182 »

I highly doubt the BRZ will get AWD.
But us Americans are stupid and buy stuff based on "what is cool".. Right now. Subaru WRX STI is cool in the states. But expensive as hell.
I could easily see Subaru throwing a STI badge and a turbo on the BRZ to sell the crap out of it(minus AWD) this is a Budget sports car.
1993 MX-3 GS
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

I agree, I don't think it will get AWD. It changes the car completely, it's no longer a inexpensive, sporty and semi powerful RWD car once it's made AWD and the STi badge adds another 15000 dollars to the price tag.

Impreza WRX STi's are so cool though.....if I wasn't in school right now, I'd consider one of those.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Post by mikeinaus »

i doubt youll see a stock turbo offering for either the brz or the fr-s for at least 3+ years. i also extremely doubt Subaru would make an awd version of this car. Subaru and Toyota collaborated on these cars together, aside from minor body mods, suspension and a couple of different features they are exactly the same car, and will be at more or less the same price point. if Subaru was to offer a turbo setup they would steal 90% of Toyota customers. im willing to bet they have some type of agreement limiting what they are allowed to do to the cars for at least a few years.

that being said i am planning on replacing my mx3 with one of these in 3 years when im done school. oh and it will be the subaru simply because of the keyless start :mrgreen: i love that feature... i am also looking forward to see what kind of numbers these engines can handle with boost. my plan to get one in 3 years/boost it will give plenty of time for everyone to experiment and destroy their engines all while discovering what a safe amount of boost is for DD... id also rather see a clutched super charged version then a turbo. a instant 50-80hp boost at the push of a button with the fuel mileage of stock when desired would be amazing...
Savin

Post by Savin »

I doubt the Subi's will steal sales from the Scion, even if there were a turbo version. Subaru is limiting US sales to 6000 units for 2012. The dealership I work for is only getting 3 this year and they are already presold. From what I understand, there won't be a limit for the Scions.

BTW, there's already an STI concept for the BRZ. I don't know much about it though.
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Savin wrote:
BTW, there's already an STI concept for the BRZ. I don't know much about it though.
I don't think anyone outside of Subaru knows about it. I've only found rumours and speculation about it.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

I saw and sat in one at the Portland auto show... wasn't super impressed :shrug:
Savin

Post by Savin »

RobMinhas wrote:
Savin wrote:
I don't think anyone outside of Subaru knows about it. I've only found rumours and speculation about it.
I don't know if you've seen these, or read this: (taken from another site I'm on)

From Subaru...
Subaru BRZ Concept -STI - Debuts at Los Angeles International Auto Show
First hint at Subaru BRZ styling theme
STI-refinements and carbon-fiber roof deliver the ultimate in handling and CoG
First RWD Subaru sports car concept

Los Angeles. Subaru of America, Inc. reveals an all-new concept version of its upcoming BRZ sports car today at the 2011 Los Angeles International Auto Show. The Subaru BRZ Concept- STI - represents the next step in lightweight performance sports cars combined with the race-bred refinements of STI, a performance brand of Subaru.

The first BRZ concept car to be shown with bodywork, the BRZ Concept - STI -strongly hints at the styling of the production BRZ and features unique STI performance features.

Styling
Sleek, low and tightly-coiled bodywork blends with STI performance touches for a sporting profile. A hexagonal lower front grille, hawk eye headlights and fin-shaped fog lamps are instantly recognizable as Subaru. The exterior color “WR Blue Pearl II” is a new generation of the iconic WR blue paint scheme that has adorned both racing and production STI’s.

The body is set-off with aero-tuned lower front spoiler, unique rear fascia and a rear wing for added down-force. A carbon-fiber roof has been added to lower the center of gravity (CoG), which will be
one of the lowest of any car made. The rear design features bold rear fender flares and large rear-diffuser giving way to polished stainless-steel quad-tailpipes. Vented rear bumper corners contribute to improved aerodynamics performance.

Engine
The concept car employs the totally new Subaru “FA” BOXER™ engine exclusively designed for the RWD BRZ sports car. In order to achieve properties best-suited for the BRZ sports car, the overall structure of this 2.0-liter naturally-aspirated four-cylinder boxer engine has been designed with a square bore and stroke of 86 X 86 mm. The inherent qualities of the Subaru BOXER engine were mated to a direct injection fuel system, which further improves combustion efficiency, running smoothness up to high rpm and high environmental standards.

Chassis
The lightened BRZ Concept – STI - features an STI-tuned suspension, Brembo™ brakes and unique 18-inch wheels and tires. The Subaru-engineered and built chassis boasts a rigid frame housing a two-plus-two interior and front engine/rear-wheel drive layout. With the engine mounted low and rearward in the engine compartment near-perfect balance is achieved.

The BRZ Concept – STI - is designed to combine lightweight, a low polar moment and razor-sharp reflexes for the ultimate handling machine. The low engine placement also allows for a very low and blade-like hood design. Short front and rear overhangs reduce the yaw moment of inertia.

Compared with other Subaru models, which already feature a low center of gravity and optimal weight distribution, the engine in the Subaru BRZ - STI - sits even lower. It is 4.7 inches lower and is positioned 9.4 inches closer to the center of the chassis compared to a Subaru Impreza.

The first RWD Subaru, the production Subaru BRZ will begin production in spring 2012 as the only mass-produced front-engine, BOXER engine rear-wheel drive sports car in the world.

SUBARU BRZ Concept – STI - Specifications
Body size (Overall: Length x Width x Height): 166.7 X 70.9 X 50.4 inches
Wheelbase: 101.2 inch
Engine: Subaru BOXER “FA” engine - 2.0-liter naturally-aspirated four-cylinder Horizontally-Opposed Boxer engine
Tire size: 215/45R18 (Front), 225/45R18 (Rear)

CAR FEATURE>>SUBARU BRZ STI CONCEPT

'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

I actually hadn't seen that, thanks for posting, sure interesting stuff!

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”