SuperK's Sad Day :(

Off-Topic Discussions
onlytrueromeo

Re: SuperK's Sad Day :(

Post by onlytrueromeo »

You have a good attitude towards it, and I know you will be fine. I do not think people can change themselves willingly, it is just something that happens naturally. If it is through willpower, it is a crazy feat of strength. People are who they are. Relationships may change and the people in them will grow together or apart.

If you can float it, definitely keep the Miata until you get your "beater" to a DD state that you are proud of!
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

I have issues with the whole issue of change. If you meet someone and how they are or how they feel isn't in line with what you'd like then don't depend on change. I was told once to make a list of what I wanted in a women so I did.

Dan's List

1. A heart beat

Ok that was my list, your expectations might be higher I don't know. My point is you have to take them as they are cuz usually in the end that's what your going to end up with. Of course they are going to change how they feel about you for better or worse but how they feel about things in general, that's probably not going to change much no matter what. IMO
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
stepchyld

Post by stepchyld »

SuperK, sorry man. I didn't see this till today. Been wondering what was up. No rush on the headlights...

I know how that can be. Last June marked the end of almost three years with a girl I found while I wasn't looking - which I thought was one of those 'ideal' kind of loves. "you'll find her when you aren't looking" "oh, wow, it worked" - 'wait, it didn't, damn'. She made the choice, and I couldn't change it.
Good you're not a rebounder, that just delays the inevitable dealing with emotions that is natural after a relationship ends. It delays and distorts it, actually. Take your time, focus on doing other things (like you are doing), and take care of yourself.

People do change in life, few for the better though. Change itself is natural, we're all changing a little each day. But to change in a positive direction takes work, faith, and support.

mitmaks is right, the mx3 won't leave you or change. It'll always be an mx3, and she wants your attention too... Seems in your case, she's demanding it, I know mine are.

Good thing your house is in your name, you have that stability, it's your home now.

and, if it is 'another phase', you don't need to be dealing with 'phases'. Those with phases always have phases, so most likely, it'll just repeat itself. Learn from the past, don't repeat it, move on to better things, and better people. Just take a Mazda with you, it'll be alright :D
93 GS, ATX to MTX swap, chrome 16x7, upper strut bars, SRD LCA bushings.
Upcoming improvements: Tokico/Eibach struts/springs, energy suspension LCA bushings
94 RS MTX, Engine swap completed, ALIVE Again!
95 RS ATX, parts car/project X
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Sorry to hear man. Well, being 31 and single, I'd rather be unhappilly single, than unhappilly attached.

About you keeping the Miata, people may think I'm obsessed with my vehicles, but it doesn't matter where I'm at in life, where and go and what I do, they'll always be with me, and it helps to get out there, have fun and make new friends; rebuild a life. My truck has been great for that when I was in Kingston, and now posted to Quebec. Meet people, talk truck, hit the trails, they save your a--, you save theirs, great times and great stores with great friends. Depends on the life you live, I don't do out and drink, go to parties and clubs to pick up girls and such, so it's nice to have a way to get out there that doesnt' involve drugs, sex and/or alcool.

And if anyone asks, of course I'd take my cars over a girl, cause a girl would take me for who I am, which includes my cars, and it to, a girl can easilly just come and go as they feel, I'm not changing who I am today, to get my heart broken and they walk away, with me having lost her and other parts of me because I wasn't true to myself. Be strong, hold on to what you got, and start anew.

It sucks to have that happen to you. Life seems so difficult and complicated for no reason, just keep at it, and make the decisions that help you move forward the best you can and for the right reasons.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

can't find the right one when you're stuck with the wrong one... good for you, K
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

You know... It's funny that it feels like we never broke it off right now? I see her the same amount I've seen her in the past, practically never (someone didn't make time for us).

But on a happy note, I have a date to the mountains next week :) Gonna do a day trip to the cherohala. start at tellico plains TN, go through NC a bit, hit up Dragon's Tail, then wrap back down home by evening. She's real sweet and a real cutie too. Prolly wait a month before I'll start actually officially dating, but if this date turns out well, there may be more to come.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

SuperK I love you! :oops:

I have gone through some similar things, even recently with my wife of 10 years.. It is never easy, the road ahead always seems to be a rough one, but if you take it day by day, over time, they start to get better. I wish you luck buddy I think you will pull out just fine.

FYI My cars are in my dad's name for one reason.... :)

Return to “Off-Topic”