The Pile.... 1992 MX-3 GS....

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
pile_of_Rd1

The Pile.... 1992 MX-3 GS....

Post by pile_of_Rd1 »

Never made a worklog over here.. figure I might as well.. This is just kind of a quick basis of whats happened with the car.. I have had this car since 2007, got it in a trade off of probetalk, I dont know who had done any previous modifications to the car as the owner at the time was pretty clueless.. It was already KL swapped with a curved neck ZE but from spraying the s--- out of it, it had 2 spun bearings.. I lost alot of pictures from a previous HD crash but I have a few on my photobucket from when I first got the car..

I let the car sit for a few years working on other projects and just collecting parts.. Robbed a bunch of parts off the car for this car for a while, until I parted it out.. was a fun sleeper..

Car is originally a champaign with tan interior car... I stripped a 95 RS at the yard of its interior and did the dash swap as well.. but I hate the 94+ seats.. Also accidentally shattered rear window so swapped the wiperless rear glass in, in 2010.. Also got off my a-- and tossed a DE in it to drive it..

2011 came and I had swapped a ZE in my probe, but wanted to put it in my MX3.. so I swapped the engines between the 2 cars.. and installed some 2004 tiburon leather seats.

Then added some 30mm spacers... and new working sunroof, AWR mounts...

really terrible accel video from last year off my phone

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v73/d ... 111200.mp4

2012.... 5 lug swap.. ms bumper.. turbo..... rx8 rims... coilovers.. new hood so no more scoop... alot more goin on... yall will have to check back for updates..

1992 Mx-3 GS KLG4 turbo
RobMinhas
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: The Pile.... 1992 MX-3 GS....

Post by RobMinhas »

What a car you've got there! I'm quite jealous!

Also, theres a pic of your car with the hood popped pre turbo/5 lug/MS bumper that was actually one of the first tuned MX3 pictures I ever saw! It inspired me a bit to do stuff with my car.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

My all time favorite MX-3, I'm so glad to see you made a worklog. I blew up your inbox on PT for a while man, mad respect.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

this MX-3 is so hot i cant wait to see what you have planned next :love: :love:
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
AaronTietje

Post by AaronTietje »

Finally a worklog for mx-3.com 8)

I'm a big fan of this car and look forward to your progress.
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

glad to decided to make a worklog over here, i love the wire tuck you did in the engine bay, it looks great
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Are those mx-6 seats? they look amazing BTW.
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

Looks very very good !!

@Josh
2004 tiburon leather seats.
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
pile_of_Rd1

Post by pile_of_Rd1 »

thanks for the love guys! I will do my best to keep this updated.. I probably wont be too busy with the car for a couple weeks, cuz I will be swapping the ZE back into the probe, and putting the DE back in the mx3... yea.. musical engines.. but I dont wanna risk blowing up the ZE when the DE can be just as fast as the ZE just with an extra couple PSI

1992 Mx-3 GS KLG4 turbo
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Question about the tiburon seats, did you have to weld custom rails or were the tiburon rails compatible with the MX3 or MX3 rails with the tiburon seats?
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
pile_of_Rd1

Post by pile_of_Rd1 »

I kept the rails and everything factory on the tiburon seats, and welded new mounts on the floor for the seats to bolt on...

1992 Mx-3 GS KLG4 turbo
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

pile_of_Rd1 wrote:I kept the rails and everything factory on the tiburon seats, and welded new mounts on the floor for the seats to bolt on...
I see, any chance you took a picture after welding the mounts on?
pile_of_Rd1

Post by pile_of_Rd1 »

nope... next time Im out workin in the garage ill snap some pics of how I mounted them

1992 Mx-3 GS KLG4 turbo
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

nice car. good work on those seats aswell, they fit the car nicely and the quick release at the top of the seat is a nice feature in a 2 door...
wagZE

Post by wagZE »

Was it a simple swap on the 5 lug hubs? I have some m edition mx6 wheels I have been camping on for way to long. Were you running the mx-3 harness/trans/mounts/engine cradle/linkage in that protege to get a KL in it? I heard those cars can handle better than mx-3s because they are longer & not weightless in the back like mx-3s.
Need before pics on this build. That would make it even more sick. Pics of probe too, I have had a few probes the flip up headlights make probes I think well ya and a v6 & nice handling.
1 mx6 88 LX auto 2.2l 4cyl
2 mx6 93 LS saved from junkyard SOLD
3 Mx6 96 M edition blow a ze part it
4 Mx6 96 gold LS paint n lights auto SOLD
5 mx6 red fresh paint clean, sold
1 mx3 92rs sohc auto rota c8s h&r
2 mx3 93 gsze bought w/ mods
3 mx3 93 GSze mtx swp act stg3 str8 nek im eibach kl36
4 mx3 GS SOLD-
6 mx3 white gs jdm swap'd SOLD
*5th mx3 blk GS clean title modded DD*
1 PGT 97 blk, garaged clean sold