whats the different in magnaflows #'s

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
BornSticky

whats the different in magnaflows #'s

Post by BornSticky »

i bought the magnaflow 39006 cat for my car but right after i found the 33006 and it is almost exactly the same but 50 bucks cheaper..... whats the difference?
92 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE Curve Neck, Probinator ECU, Full 2.5" exhaust with headers, cai, performance radiator, millenia alternator, 5spd, excedy stage 2 clutch, MTX 12" sub sony explod D series 600w amp, pioneer 260w deck, kyb on dropzone springs, HEI mod.
92 Mazda RX-7 (efini) FD3S urethane motor mount, Air intake, 18" Chrome rims besides that stock. SOLD!
93 Mazda MX-3 GS laguna blue full exhaust, cai, kyb shocks R.I.P. stupid jeep driver!
#5389 to join MX-3.com
SuperK
Supporting Member

Re: whats the different in magnaflows #'s

Post by SuperK »

33006 is a 3 way muffler that's slightly narrower than the 39006, which is a 2-way

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalytic_ ... er#Two-way
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
BornSticky

Post by BornSticky »

so would the 33006 work better for my car cause it is narrower?
wouldn't 3 way be better then the 2? why does it cost more then?
im a bit worried i have to much flow with a 2.5 exhaust if i could i would change it for a 2.25
92 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE Curve Neck, Probinator ECU, Full 2.5" exhaust with headers, cai, performance radiator, millenia alternator, 5spd, excedy stage 2 clutch, MTX 12" sub sony explod D series 600w amp, pioneer 260w deck, kyb on dropzone springs, HEI mod.
92 Mazda RX-7 (efini) FD3S urethane motor mount, Air intake, 18" Chrome rims besides that stock. SOLD!
93 Mazda MX-3 GS laguna blue full exhaust, cai, kyb shocks R.I.P. stupid jeep driver!
#5389 to join MX-3.com
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

I would say a 3 way would be better... but I'd be wary of them magnaflows. mine lasted a couple years and pleh'ed.

Think I'll go with a walker next time.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
BornSticky

Post by BornSticky »

thanks for the info
#5389 to join MX-3.com
BornSticky

Post by BornSticky »

it also shows that the 33006 is the first part of a 2 cat system (T2) and the 39006 is a 1 piece (T1)
#5389 to join MX-3.com
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

yeah, looks like it. Prolly should go for differnt model numbers. Look up summit racing, they have very indepth detail of what the product is

I think something like this would be nice:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/WLK-93238/
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/WLK-15141/
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”