Apex springs

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
jbud1291

Apex springs

Post by jbud1291 »

Hey all, about a week ago I swapped out my old and very beat struts and springs for a fresh set kyb gr2's and apex lowering springs. Now before I ordered the springs I was looking to see if anyon.e else used apex before but I couldnt find any info so finally I figured id try em out.

Its only been a week and a half but all in all I am very happy with them. The handling is awesome and the car actually stays planted to the road now. The 1.6 in drop is plenty to give the car an aggressive look, and for $222 shipped I very happy with the springs. So if anyone is looking into getting springs I would definately recommend apex as one of your options.

Ill try and get pics of the car lowered now too :)
93 GS SE - Raspberry metallic. K8 - 2 1/4in exhaust w/Magnaflow street series muffler, Custom intake, Kyb Gr2's w/Apex springs, Full kenwood audio - SOLD
Sleeper6
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Apex springs

Post by Sleeper6 »

I had that combo on the fiances mx before I sold it too and I prefered it over the H&R/sensatrac Combo I have on my gold car. It sat a bit lower and definatly had a nice stance with little roll but a better ride quality although I attribute it a bit more to my cheaper shocks. If you look for my fiances worklog theres a picture of the black one with the apexi next my tan ride.
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
DeadMaker
antispam: No

Post by DeadMaker »

H&R are considered better in handling from apex..Their are stiffer.
Black Mazda Mx3 Rs 1997 B6DE
jbud1291

Post by jbud1291 »

Yes H&R was my first choice but they were a little more pricey and the Apex springs give a slightly lower drop, so i figured i would try them out. Though i must say my CV joints do not like the new springs at all lol :lol: ....new cv's a hub bearings on the way
93 GS SE - Raspberry metallic. K8 - 2 1/4in exhaust w/Magnaflow street series muffler, Custom intake, Kyb Gr2's w/Apex springs, Full kenwood audio - SOLD
youdirtyfox
antispam: No

Post by youdirtyfox »

I had Apex springs thought they were really decent too, drop was no where near big enough for me though:P
My CV's have been fine though since running -90 on coils :)

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”