Clutch issues

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
cWs306
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Clutch issues

Post by cWs306 »

Yes im very serious haha. whats your postal code so i can see what the shipping cost would be, depending on price. i might just make a day trip n drive there.
Pritchett

Post by Pritchett »

T1B 4G3
93 mx-3 GS (KLZE w/kl01 cams, XTD stage 3 clutch, Outlaw intake/throttle body spacers, throttle body coolant delete, headers, full 2.5" exhaust w/resonator and 40 series flowmaster, filled engine mounts)
99 silverado
Pritchett

Post by Pritchett »

The guy finally got back to me after I sent him another message, says he already sold it. Bummer...but I'll keep looking.
93 mx-3 GS (KLZE w/kl01 cams, XTD stage 3 clutch, Outlaw intake/throttle body spacers, throttle body coolant delete, headers, full 2.5" exhaust w/resonator and 40 series flowmaster, filled engine mounts)
99 silverado
cWs306

Post by cWs306 »

ahhh thats gay! well yah if you find one and it has a nice bumper with the gs lip and a nice hood lemme know. ill cruise down there.
Pritchett

Post by Pritchett »

Well apparently his friend that bought the car is selling it. Makes me wonder why tho. He has no proof the tranny was rebuilt, but I'm thinking I can tell if the motor was rebuilt by checking for signs of leakage or checking if the inside of the heads are really bad. One would think they would have replaced valve cover gaskets and cleaned up the heads right? Plus I'll look for signs that the engine/tranny were pulled out before. I'm going to go look at it tomorrow if I get the time. He said the front bumper was primed and ready for paint but I don't know if it has a G'S spoiler
99 silverado
Sisko182

Post by Sisko182 »

I figured I would put a post in this thread rather than starting a new one. I think I am having clutch problems.

I'll be first to admit it, I know hardly anything about cars. I just started my MX-3 up for the first time after sitting all winter. Naturally, it had some trouble staring up, but I plugged it in for a few hours and then it started fine. The clutch, however, feels very loose and I can't get my car into gear. Not sure what the issue is and I can't seem to find anything using the search function - though, I've never been very good at using that thing...
$i$Ko

Ride:
1992 Midnight Purple MX-3
Worklog:

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75646

Feedback
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=76781
cWs306

Post by cWs306 »

oh dont worry, i hate the search thing too. it hates me back also lol. but have you checked your fluids? havwe your tried pumping the clutch a ton and seeing if the stiffness comes back? and also check the clutch line that runs across the top of the tranny into the front where the clutch master cylinder is? could be leaking. or you could just have a air pocket in your line somewhere. 8 or 10mm wrench and get a friend to pump the clutch as you tighten and loosen the bleeder screw on the tranny, be at the front. have your friend or w.e pump it like 10 times and then hold it riiiiiight to the floor. then you loosen the screw a bit untill fluid starts comin out, then tighten it once u dont see anything comin out, a little small clear piece of tubing similar to vacuum hose is a good help too. then keep doing this for a bit untill it starts to stiffen. and YES it can and most likely will take a bit for it to get stiff. and always make sure your break fluid is 95-100% full, dont want any air able to get past it.

Return to “Transmissions”