Vecia's 1994 MX-3: UPDATE - 8/06/12 New Picture!

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Re: Vecia's 1994 MX-3: UPDATE - Idle Fixed! Another Dead The

Post by mikeinaus »

hose clamps?
RobMinhas
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by RobMinhas »

mikeinaus wrote:hose clamps?
Those have holes for screws, I would call the clams a little higher up on the intake hose clamps but these seem different.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Vecia

Post by Vecia »

Those particular Hose Clamps come with the WeaponR Intake. They are made in such a way as to allow an intake support bracket to be screwed into the portion of the screw that protrudes from the under side of the clamp. Also, the design; what would appear to be two wires encircling the intake pipe serve to tighten firmly with an accordion style Ram Air Duct that you can shape to the location with the highest velocity of air flow... i.e. lower portion of wheel well near front bumper. Kinda in the same spirit as what fowljesse has going on in his worklog. If you look at my previous pictures on some of the other pages, I believe there is a picture of my attempt to use that portion of the WeaponR system. I will use it later on but I want to wait until I get the front bumper I'm going to stay with so I can incorporate the air duct into the body work of the bumper. I simply used them here because I ran out of standard hose clamps.
Vecia

Post by Vecia »

Here is the picture...

Vecia

Post by Vecia »

Sorry I haven't posted in a bit. My car was stolen last Friday morning and was recovered Saturday. Apparently my car has become a target for some reason. I don't know why but there has been a total of 5 attempts, two of which I almost caught the jerks but they sped off before I could get a clear shot of their license plate, just in the last few weeks. The last one resulting in my car being found about ten miles away in the middle of an intersection with the driver door wide open and my alarm going off. I really don't know what is going on or why anyone would target me or my car. It's kinda unsettling and sad at the same time.

I am considering selling her. It damn near breaks my heart as I love this car and have grown quite attached to her. It's been almost like I have been rebuilding myself in the wake of my divorce that almost destroyed me. I don't want to get too personal but I'm sure you guys understand. At any rate, here are a few pics. The scratches in the driveway appear to be from a tow dolly or tow truck I guess. The passenger rim is destroyed as well as bent. I can tell from the major vibration from the right side.

The inside was pulled apart but all in all, not much damage other than the passenger wheel.

SuperK
Supporting Member

Re: Vecia's 1994 MX-3: UPDATE - Car Stolen then found...

Post by SuperK »

That's tough, my heart goes out to you.

Maybe you should install a video monitoring system on the side of your home. they're cheap enough.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

Sorry to hear about your luck, I had the same thoughts after my car kept getting broke into in pittsburgh. My best suggestion is to buy an aftermarket steeringwheel with a quickrelease. That will kill all desire if they cant steer the car.
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

they tried to steal the car with a tow truck? thats crazy, i really didnt think mx'3 were that hot of a commodity in chop shops... ive been meaning to pm you recently but ive been kind of busy. sorry to hear about the theft and im glad it was recovered. if/when your ready i got those window parts...
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Man, that sucks! I certainly know about emotional attachment, as most of the people here, probably do. I have wanted to sell my cars a few times, for the same reason. I am glad I didn't, though!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
AaronTietje

Post by AaronTietje »

Wow sorry to hear that. I'll keep you in my prayers.
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
Vecia

Post by Vecia »

Thanks guys for the support. MX3s arent really popular down here. I think this is a personal attack. Not really sure but my gut just tells me it's not over. Luckily my neighborhood has high def cameras at both entrances. I'm waiting for the Home Owners Association Security to give me the footage. My house also has CCTV Cameras but the angle didn't get anything. We have since positioned them to where we can see the cars better. Yesterday morning a truck with a tow dolly attached was spotted in front of my house but the police didn't find anything. My step dad's car was parked behind mine with mine up by the garage door. I think that might have diverted another attempt. I just don't know. Hopefuly the HOA cameras will have something.

Thanks again for your responses and support. I will most likely keep the car, just have to look into getting it secured. Autozone's cheapo alarm was definitely not worth the money, thats for sure.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I lived in Houston for a bit, and I could easily see that happening there. I hope you get some good footage. If I were in your position, Id be sleeping in the garage with a 12 gauge.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
DeadMaker

Post by DeadMaker »

This is awful.Really awful..
Black Mazda Mx3 Rs 1997 B6DE
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

Well that just f'n sux. I'd very much enjoy getting my hands on those punks.

I hope she's left alone now.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

My heart goes out to you man, I'd be heart broken if someone stole my car and it's only worse that it's a personal attack. I can't think of anything you can do to protect it besides having another car parked behind it. If you're a target that sucks, hopefully they'll get over it and try for someone else's car or even better get caught.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”