Mx-west 2012 meet

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
Calg_93GS
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Mx-west 2012 meet

Post by Calg_93GS »

we can just lurk in the dark on evo's street again lol
Worklog
:: DIY CAI :: DIY Ground kit + Condenser :: Euro Mini Sides :: SE Leather Seats :: Kenwood Headunit w/ Custom IPod Mount ::
:: KYB GR2 w/ H&R Springs :: Drag DR-2 17x7 :: RS Raised Spoiler :: 2x12" Polk DB1222 subs w/ 800w Clarion amp ::
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

If you guys are planning for a summer camping trip/get together I am organized one in August... Cascade Cove just out side of Christina Lake the weekend after the long weekend in august.. so August 10 - 13.... If you are interested its always a good time..
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

I am game for just about anything, Kelowna, or VIVA LAS MEXICO.. I am in 100% as long as we set a date soon.

Anyone down for Vegas? haha I know there used to be a big MX meet there every year. That would be kind of cool.

What about camping in like Yellowstone or something...
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

I like the kelowna idea it's a nice drive out there! It's there a meet there in July?
93 White RS- BPT Built not bought!!
Worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=78988
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

If you guys like Kelowna, you should all come up to Christina lake in august... Its the warmest lake in BC with some great boating... Cascade cove campground is very lowered car friendly... The crows nest (#3) hwy has some great roads to drive on...
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

I would be up for that!! Now who's MX can tow a boat???
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

Tavman_1213 wrote:I would be up for that!! Now who's MX can tow a boat???
You can rent them out there... If you get enough people together its pretty reasonable... I did that last year, we ended up doing some tubing out there... Lots of fun..
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

It's possible

1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:
It's possible

Hahaha oh I never doubted it!! I dont think I would trust MX's brakes to haul a boat and trailer!!
So where are we going to have a meet??
So far there is:
-Kelowna(possible a meet there in July sometime??)
-Christina Lake/Cascade Cove(August)
-Mexico
-Las Vegas
-Yellowstone

I'm with Josh anywhere is good just need to know in the next couple of weeks. Plus need a rough date on when vehicles need to be in working order/getting it on the road and running :freak:!! Any other suggestions can be added!!
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

Well no matter what I'll be camping at Cascade Cove camp ground August 10 - 13th.. I'll have a group site booked as I do this every year with a bunch of friends from other car clubs... Just give me a heads up so I can let the camp ground know how many..
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

yeah, summers here in WA are very busy, so my weekends and such are already filling up. I will go over it all with the girl tonight and figure out what I have open. there are a couple weekends I have some things going on. The sooner we plan this the better! :)
Darcy

Post by Darcy »

I wanted to let everyone know that our normal way of 'gaming the system' to get our campsites will not work this year. As per Discover Camping's email to me this week, here is the main point which will ruin our normal routine:
New Policy: Reservations cannot be changed or cancelled earlier than two and half months prior to the requested arrival date.

Rationale: provides more equitable access to premium campsites during popular time slots (prevents reservation customers from "rolling" reservations into long-weekends by paying change fees)
This policy will only affect reservations that are made more than 75 days prior to the arrival date
The restriction is based on the date the reservation was made (not on the arrival date). For example, a reservation made on April 2nd to arrive on July 2nd cannot be changed or cancelled until April 17th. But a reservation made on May 2nd to arrive on July 2nd can be changed or cancelled immediately (because the arrival date is less than two and a half months in the future)
Customers will be notified of the earliest change or cancellation date when they make their booking (prior to paying)
With my smaller amount of summer vacation time due to wedding planning and stuff, I don't know if I'll be in for a whole week or anything like that in July or August as we have done in the past. I am going to be in Osoyoos for at least Sept. 12-16 so maybe we can do a small get together before that if anyone is interested. Afterwards, I am dead for all intents and purposes ;)
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

SO, am I to assume that last year was the last official meet? anyone still planing on going?
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

I want for a meet to happen!! I just need to know where to go!! Christena lake still sounds good to be but I will drive most anywhere! I think nobody wants to step up an plan everything!
Darcy

Post by Darcy »

I'd be game for something Sept 8-12. Alternatively, the only thing I could do would be a long weekend (Friday or Monday plus Saturday and Sunday) almost anytime in July or August.
If it's July 14th weekend, there will be good weather since it's my birthday, so keep that in mind for planning.

Does anyone want to plan anything? If not, then it's not going to happen, and I'll keep the MX-West Go Karting Championship trophy indefinitely.

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”