Worn Synchronizer

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
axess

Worn Synchronizer

Post by axess »

Hey guys and girls,<BR>I think I have a worn synchro for 2nd gear, when I shift it grinds for a second. I have to wait a little between first and second.<P>I'm pretty sure that's the problem, if you think it's something else, then tell me what you think.<P>How much should I expect to spend if it is a worn synch ?<P>thanks
Stephane '96 Blaze Red RS
5spd_GS

Re: Worn Synchronizer

Post by 5spd_GS »

i had the same prob..<P>pilot bearing shot to hell..<P>could be synchro though cuz they do wear
Calen Sansom
1994 MX-3 GS Sparkle Green
heavenzjai

Post by heavenzjai »

i got the same problem too. i sucks changing to 2nd that to avoid grinding i shift straight to 3rd. is it the sync? how much does it cost for the part/ job?
916 Blk MX3 V6
axess

Post by axess »

I started my research and the only price i could get is around 130$ CND just to see what is going on and then it's more money for labour and parts. The guy told me to expect about 10 hours of labour at 68$/hour + parts, so thats around 700$ just for labour. So for now I'm probably just going to wait, i can still shift to 2nd gear, I just have to do it slowly.<P>If anyone else know anything about this feel free to post, it would be apreciated.<P>thanks
Stephane '96 Blaze Red RS
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

I'd guess a syncro. You can get a whole junkyard tranny for under $500 USD easily. I've heard of some of the MD guys getting them for like $110 USD from some scrapyards around there, but you'd have to talk to NEPO about that.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
mattster

Post by mattster »

I have the same problem of a slight grind into second gear. However, on my car, once it warms up for 5 minutes or so it shifts like butter... but i have heard its my syncro. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
92 Mazda MX-3 GS: blaze red, bone stock, and daily driver
86 RX-7 GXL: '94 LT1 V8, 6 speed tranny, scary fast. SOLD
93 Mazda RX7 R1 LS1/6speed... 75% complete

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mattsterrx7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
^link to my V8 swap page

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”